BMW uses F10 M5 to sweep ice sideways with commentary w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Every Bimmer-head out there is excited about the new BMW F10 M5 and BMW themselves can’t seem to contain their joy with the twin-turboed sedan terror. The automaker has released a video clip of the M5 undergoing winter testing but has still kept the camo-wraps on for some semblance of mystery.

Although the drivers are speaking in German, there’s English subtitles accompanying the video of the M5 kicking its derriere out on the ice. While we all miss the howl of the naturally aspirated V10, the sound of the new V8 with its twin turbochargers does leave a chilling tingling down our spine. The engine is the same as that used in the X6 M and X5M but with a remap to give it a few extra ponies.

A further disappointment with the new M5 is the lack of a third pedal to really bring the best out of that engine. Perhaps BMW will offer one later on like it did with the previous E60 M5 but logic dictates that the current eight-speed automatic it’s touted to come with will likely be accompanied by a dual-clutch shifter later on.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ur487f4lUMc" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: YouTube via Autoblog

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, any1 here have the experience in upgrading their wira suspension?
i mean from 1.3 to 1.6 suspension... as i know, the 1.6 absober n spring is bigger in diameter. so is the top mount different? i mean the black cover to coordinat the spring n to screw at the top. i ask a few forman n some suspension sellers, some said need to change. but some of them nvr mention abt that thing at all, say just buy the 1.6 spring n absober will do.
any1 could help me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience