blitz or apexi

mafiabear

Jan 15, 2006
another noob question from me =) which open pod air filter is better?apexi or blitz?or any other brand?or issit its almost the same?

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
as long as not a foam/sponge based like the HKS mushroom type, u are safe

used to use apex'i dual funnel ram but was advised from another kaki that i need a bigger one, now im using sard sport ex

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
Was being told that Blitz ones are easily maintained, very little dirt, just blow clean every now and then. However, there is also another story saying that it is clean because most of the dust/ dirt was being sucked into the engine, thus resulting not having a healthy engine in the long run... Myself using Blitz... so now also scared...

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
BNR, your right, i use Blitz too, all the dirt go right in LOL…

Jahax, how come HKS no good? 3 layer is good wert... i'm supporter. The apexi one very short life span woh

OK but if you are willing to try, go for AEM, try it out, new paper technology, washable etc... cheap! And I heard its good too

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
PIMPIM, I'm afraid u asked the wrong guy... I didn't mentioned anything about HKS, I think u are refering to JAHAX.
Anyway, since u asked, I think its because sponge type filters tends to harden and breaks into ashes and therefore being sucked into the engine, correct me if i'm wrong Jahax....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
PIMPIM, I'm afraid u asked the wrong guy... I didn't mentioned anything about HKS, I think u are refering to JAHAX.
Anyway, since u asked, I think its because sponge type filters tends to harden and breaks into ashes and therefore being sucked into the engine, correct me if i'm wrong Jahax....
Hahaha I need glasses! :stupid:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
All filter have a lifespan (no matter what the box tells you) both KNN and HKS will become inefficient after its lifespan. When i was using HKS i change it every year (about <15k) so i have never had ash-like breakage, remember to buy ori also lah

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL

some one posted this loooong ago before. maybe a sticky is needed.

no filter la shiok....turbo sounds damn ganas.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i was told the same thing BNR. i myself used to be a big fan of HKS mushroom filter, suction is amazing but it tends to brittle when it ages.

the funny thing is that, japs love to use it. all the japs performance cars that i used to buy came equip with it

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
yea.. they come with it. and they change it frequently the sponge
how many here change the sponge frequently ?

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
i've only use apexi for all my babies,worked the best imho but the problem is it can be sooooooo freakin' dirty in just awhile and become an eye sore to the engine bay. Any one knows if one can use KnN filter cleaner to clean apexi filters?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i recently visited a muffler shop in sunway and realised that i was spoilt for choice, there are just so many types of mufflers available. i already have an extractor and mid section installed (2.3) on my 1.8 putra. could someone tell me what i should be looking out for/consider before purchasing a muffler?
and what are the main differences between imported ones ($$$) and locally produced ones ($)?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience