BFG AMF: Drifter Search!

T

Tom

</a>

Drifting! Do you have what it takes? We want you!

Ever driven around a sharp bend a little too fast and inadvertently gone sideways? If you passed out from the experience and are currently driving like an old-lady, praying it never ever happens again, stop reading this. However, if after the incident you thought to yourself “Dang, that was SO cool!” and have been actively trying to pitch your car sideways at every given corner since then, you may be the person we are looking for.

On 11th December 2004 the BFGoodrich Asian Motorsports Festival will proudly showcase some of the very best drifters from the region, in probably the most spectacular Drift Showoff ever organized locally. Hailing from Thailand, Worasate Surawutiwong a.k.a. “Jump Dream Sport” and Harnnarong Chantarasombat a.k.a. “Pop P-Style” will be at hand to thrill the crowd with their drifting skills that have earned them the reputation as the ‘Sideways Kings’ from Bangkok. From Japan, 5-time All-Japan Gymkhana Champion Masaki Nishihara, a long time partner and spokesperson for AMF events will be present to show-off his drifting skill as well.

Now comes the fun part! The BFGoodrich Asian Motorsports Festival is looking for a few drifters who have what it takes to bring the challenge to the guys from Thailand and Japan. We are looking for drifters from Malaysia and Singapore who have the kind of car control and skill, not to mention sheer courage to actively pitch a car sideways and sustain a classic drift. If you are this person, here’s your chance to shine on 11th December 2004 at the Sepang F1 Circuit.

Candidates can reply here with contact details or email [email protected]. Please remember to include you name, age, IC number, car registration number and a recent picture of yourself with your drift machine. So what are you waiting for? Let’s go drifting!

By: Chris Wee;<p class="MsoNormal">
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma; font-weight: 700">Masaki
Nishihara</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><u><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">
Personal Info:</span></u>
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="text-indent:.5in">
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">Full
Name: Masaki Nishihara</span></p>
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">Date Of
Birth: 21 February 1962</span></p>
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">Place Of
Birth: Kyoto prefecture, Japan</span></p>
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">
Nationality: Japanese</span></p>
Profession: Racing Driver, Planning-Q</span></p>
Racing Instructor</span></p>
<span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">Marital
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma">
Favourite Food: Rice</span></p>
Favourite Drink: -</span></p>
Favourite Car: Subaru Impreza</span></p>
Favourite Colour: Red</span></p>
Favourite Snack: -</span></p>
Favourite sports: Golf, football, baseball, Motorsports,
basketball</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: Tahoma"> Personal Car: Toyota Granvia (in Japan)

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
In my opinion, two of the best guys in malaysia : the guy in the Z4 in extreme park and T.Djan. Not forgetting the Khong brothers. :P

joe666

Jan 14, 2004
Subang Jaya
Visit site
hmmm..i think gymkhana is not only for FR cars.besides gymkhana and drift is different. :blink: :blink:

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Woww hv drift challange :lol: :lol:
I still remember last time shah alam autokana hv some drifter wait very long time liao...but the organize only give drifter drift in the car park less than 5minit :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
i vote for zee , uras , mr.nismo , wakos , skagee and the rest of the cefiro members...

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
well there are a few quite good drifters around .. killerb the guys u mentioned are the seniors of drifting they've done it many many years ...but then again its definitely a good fun to have some sort of a competition to choose who is gonna represent our country in the showoff ... would be interesting... too bad won't be joining cos no car ... sigh!!even our fren fairuz have voiced out his interest in joining.. so to be fair for everyone who is drifting,maybe glee can have a session to choose the best just like in the D1 where they had a trial session to choose some entries for the US D1 ...glee,if you're having a trial session let me know,will be contacting the main people cos mostly are not in this forum ...

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
yes uras, a trial session would be good. I'm not experienced in it, but i guess when it comes to competitions like the d1 style, it's gotta be consistency, especially the lead and chase part, other than the right set up and skills. So a trial session would be great. And perhaps we can also give some hip hop happening names to our m'sian drifters like T "Tire-Smoke" Djan, or M "Sideways syndrome" K for starters. :ph34r: My 2 sen.

I just saw the japanese d1 drift series. The competition cars are mostly over 350ps, other than the ae86's, and massive wheels, new advan neova tires. Basically those cars are all show as well as go!

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Wow got a call to check this out :) Great to see 2 Thai's come all the way down here to support. I'll support which ever way i can :) Trail run woul be good. Trail run on that day ? or the week before ? Fairuz and tDjan would be the best drifters from Malaysia.

ANyway would the event be a D1 styled Competition or a Drift Demo ? :)

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
cool :) trial would be good :) i'll support which ever ways too :) eh that car looks farmiliar hehehe. nice photos too though i dont' have that car liao hehehe

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
can i juz put mickey's and MK's name and cabut?!?
:P

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
i was jes thinking... sorry guys, out of topic for awhile..

If i buy 2 units of KE70's... put some oommph into it and some adjustables...
Then keep it as rental cars... then i can rent out to people like uras and
etc... wah... good way to make some dough... of coz, insurance is a must
kekekekkeke