Beware of this car dealer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

Beware of this car dealer!!!

happyguy

Dec 17, 2005
My uncle was cheated by this glamour look used car shop in Serdang Raya.
He traded in his volvo s40 for Mercedes W210. Then, the sales person
called to check the settlement, it was 43k. The car resale value is 57k.
very low. Any how he doesn`t want to pay anything for the mercedes. so the
car tested and booking fee is given. The next day, my uncle was curious
about the settlement, so he called the bank to check, and the result was
53k. this gave him a shock. whereas the dealer told him it`s 43k. then he
called the dealer again, the dealer said it`s his mistake. so, my uncle
immediately cancel the booking. and no refund. He lost rm500 for that.
According to the calculation, my uncle didn`t get 14k to take the
Mercedes. If he had taken the car. He think he still have to pay the 14k
settlement as it was reported wrongly by the car dealer. Beware of CYK!!!

P.S: New tactic in used car dealers, better check ur settlement urself!!!

:mad:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
ya ya .. those dealer's car makan wif lowering the price and settlement they check and me check is different, .. beware as it happens everywhere, better deal one to one purchase, less headache..

Wiras

Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
I don't really understand that..How? You uncle ask for RM10K loan but the dealer apply from the bank for RM14K loan so the dealer get additional untung for RM4K..Like that...? Normal la..But RM1 is money also..Don't let yourself be cheated by those Ah Long style dealer..

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
sorry but i dun get ur story....wat went wrong?d settlement figure for d Merc or Volvo?
all i understand is ur uncle lost d RM500 booking fee.....becos of cancelation...so whr's d cheating element?really dun understand....
pardon me coz i wanna get a clear pic of dis as i'm a used car dlr myself...n i alwys prefer 2 check d settlement w my customer in front of me so der r no disputes later on..........

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
i think i understand the situation. bro i dun think the car dealer got any mistakes or anythin, as all ppl know dat we car dealer dun take outside car market value but lower alittle, u know why? in case if the car needs to repair and spend extra 5k, meaning we r doin business rugi. if i get ur point of view, ur trying to say that they cheated the leftover of the money, but from my point of view the car dealer took ur uncle's car S40 for only 43k, meaning to said that the car dealer cleared ur uncles settlement and as for the new merc, somehow need to pay downpayment for the merc.

for eg: this customer needs to trade in his wira for BMW, his settlement is Rm 10k, and we car dealer either offer to pay all of his settlement to get his car and he somehow needs to put dp for the BMW. unless, he finish paying oredi den yes he should get the RM 10k in his own hand. usually for car purchasing, first 2 years we r all paying the interest rate only, so those who plans to sell their car after driving it for a short period, they will rugi, ther is no such thing as u can still gain from it. but get a higher offer only.

conclusion i think if i dun get u wrong, ur uncles volvo worth 43k and the car dealer clear it to get ur uncles car. as for the merc dat is different story, if dp needs 14k means need to fork out 14k loe. if 15k den 15k loe. another case is if car price dealer buy is 40k wherby the final settlement is 20k only, yes ur uncle shud get back his 20k and dat 20k he can dump in for the new car his getting.
so it is impossible to get the car resale value, i mean this wont happen at all even u go 1000 car dealer shop hahah.. u can get the car market price if u deal directly buyer >>> seller..car dealer is a place wher u want to trade in ur car for the cars u want in our shop or need fast money. if car dealer take ur car at market price, for eg 40k market price, car deler take 40k if the car got problem, repair cost 3k, meaning to say that the car worth 43k and do u think can sell that car at 43k when the market value is only 40k ? nope..hehehe...

hope i get to ur point, afraid i might assume wrong info here.
hope this helps..cheers

btw one more question, isit my comp spoil oredi ? got snow man, or isit becus christmas coming dats why zth make snow? hahhaa..i can see white dots falling down like snow..zth got christmas feel har..

Last edited:

happyguy

Dec 17, 2005
if my uncle trusted the dealer and never check his loan, he will have to pay the extra 14k as downpayment for the w210. But after he discovered, so he cancelled it immediately. If we think we r cheated, better make the early decision before we fall into the trap of used car dealers!!!Beware of CYK!!! :smile:

nizer

1,500 RPM
Jan 12, 2004
Klang
www.facebook.com
happyguy said:
My uncle was cheated by this glamour look used car shop in Serdang Raya.
He traded in his volvo s40 for Mercedes W210. Then, the sales person
called to check the settlement, it was 43k. The car resale value is 57k.
very low. Any how he doesn`t want to pay anything for the mercedes. so the
car tested and booking fee is given. The next day, my uncle was curious
about the settlement, so he called the bank to check, and the result was
53k. this gave him a shock. whereas the dealer told him it`s 43k. then he
called the dealer again, the dealer said it`s his mistake. so, my uncle
immediately cancel the booking. and no refund. He lost rm500 for that.
According to the calculation, my uncle didn`t get 14k to take the
Mercedes. If he had taken the car. He think he still have to pay the 14k
settlement as it was reported wrongly by the car dealer. Beware of CYK!!!

P.S: New tactic in used car dealers, better check ur settlement urself!!!

:mad:
dun get it hows ur been cheat..

1.sales person check rm 43k

2.yr uncle check rm53k

sO its yr uncle got the advantge/profit if he didn't tell the sales person thats the bal 53k..So the dealer got to pay the 53k not 43k when he wants to settle the balance,if yr uncle didn't tell he save 10k..

ur uncle get new car plus save 10k if he keeps quiet..hehe

Correct me If i'm wrong:confused: :confused:

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
nizer said:
dun get it hows ur been cheat..

1.sales person check rm 43k

2.yr uncle check rm53k

sO its yr uncle got the advantge/profit if he didn't tell the sales person thats the bal 53k..So the dealer got to pay the 53k not 43k when he wants to settle the balance,if yr uncle didn't tell he save 10k..

ur uncle get new car plus save 10k if he keeps quiet..hehe

Correct me If i'm wrong:confused: :confused:
This is going to be very interesting....if this case his uncle has make a very smart decision of not cheating a sale man ...... guess ur unlce is a very honest man ... good for him..

sakosx

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
lerrrr....balance in bank 43k..how come u want to sell the car..?

u think u owned that car ha..?installment not finish yet u said u can get the 43k?
how can u think la that?

if u sell to somebody(not used car) let say ...45k..u just can take only 2k because the 43k still debt from bank ma! easy term also cannot think ka! ayok!

GSR5559 said is true..let say u go for settlement at the bank for 53k as u mentioned..
and then the car is fully urs! up to u la u want to sell for how much!
go and find used car that can take that car more than 53k..then u will get profit la..all urs!

p/s sorry for saying this...just i newly go through this...hard to explain also...hmmmm:wink:

dez

Dec 19, 2005
happyguy said:
....My uncle was cheated by this glamour look used car shop in Serdang Raya....
:thumpdown just my 2 cent, Y not U just name it (dealer), at least it wouldn't influence to another buyers/dealers :rock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey bros.... i realize that my car window jus kena smash by a sohai jus now.... found out after finish yamcha with my friends at cheras's first station restaurant.... i parked at the housing area behind that restaurant.... those resident there told me that it was done by a stupid farker(blue wira turbo BDV 2174) with no balls or nut.... i think he looks like a pussy head or maybe dick head.... and they told me he's a son of the bitch..... because...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience