Beginner Mods

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
go for L2s manual halfcut, can even tapau L5(3pistons), L5s(4 pistons) abit manja compared to L2s & its reliable too.....

2nd : there are no rear adjustables for the rear only front. so either u could inject all 4 absorbers with oil, it would be as hard as adjustables. not sure hw much, u need to consult 'fstrader'.

3rd:std L2s front brakes are good enuf edi. just use aftermarket brake pads.

4th. got balance, get a new set of rims.

**otherwise ask papagoines. he is kancil turbo sifu.....
dem... me no sifu la... just a bloke who like to share info he gather form other sifus

erm... to say L5 4piston (JB series) is not reliable is overrated.... its just like old mech worried about newer engine with lotsa sensors & plasticky parts.. that's all... I've seen fair share of L2s with overheating problems alongside L5.... it's boiled down to the halfcut conditions and it's user maintenance habit... use inferior engine oil + filter then forgot to service on time.. when the engine bogged down... blamed on the 'manja' L5... when inspecting the faulty engine, block was filled with gooey black stuff ... later found out the owner never bother servicing.... just topup oil... no wonder it's head are clean! then use L2S engine, put 1000cc block, big turbos etc... after 2-3 month the engine pecah! found out that the owner like to skimp on parts such as radiator (use kancil's), inferior oil, cap ayam oil filter (which explain the oil sumbat)...etc...

sorry for being emo... because I'm sick and tired of all the stereotyping

to say it's manja, yeah it could means that 1 small parts rosak, then it make your life hell.. for example, there this recurring problems for 50+% of L5 owner.... when you remove speedcut via rsm/pivot or any speedcut limiter remover box..it really remove the 140km/h speedcut... the problem is that, if you 'gantung' your rpm @ 100~110kmh, then the speedcut mysteriously reappear at that range of speed... the cause (well, one of it anyway), is a faulty speed sensor.. that's all...

...FYI, I'm a proud owner of L5 4cyl turbo owner for 2 straight year with limited mod... just recently got issue with leaky turbo and possible head gasket leak....well maybe it because of my constant weekly kl-kb-kl run non stop that make it happened... maybe just my engine wants to 'manja' with me...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
told ya he is a sifu hehe......dun bang me bro....
dang it! me just joined a groupie that follow sifus la hehe

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

start with a properly sized exhaust sir, if done properly dis shud give u more response and to pend while still maintaining good fuel economy, plus it wudnt be any louder then the std setup. dont, i repeat, dont go for a loud zorst setup
couldn't agree more... here's my current exhaust... FGK power getter full set for L5

noticed the big mid-muffler...

the mid-muffler is kinda debated whether it's an s-flow or a straight but dog-leg pass muffler... after installing it feels more alive... I'm sure the power gained are marginal but me think the torque curve improving too

the size is
  1. 2" diameter at the down pipe aka kayu hoki
  2. after the big midmuffler... the diameter is 2.3"
  3. the small resonator at the tip are sized 2.3" in/out, the body diameter is 2.5"and length 15"
  4. the tip around 3" diameter

the sound?
YouTube - My exhaust sounds after converting to FGK single pipe version

after 4.5k rpm the sound is...IMHO like a much smaller version of a skyline + hks dragger....

Haven't go for a dyno yet since no money... but one otai told me could go as high as 7xbhp with a pigyback tune....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
in all dat i care, dats an sflow muffler, a big ass if i may add
yup.... on stock suspension it stil grazed big bumpers :stupid:

b4 dis I run 2" custom zorst with one looong end muffer... changed to this system because I'm getting married & got it at unbelieveable price.... but it felt unrestrictive like my previous setup...

maybe the varied piping diameter makes it that way...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its not the varied sized pipe je, the most important thing is dat muffler's ability to comtrol flow, it siphons zorst gas better then a straight through muffler imo

loupho

Mar 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi to all the sifu sifu..:adore::adore:

i just drive a stock kancil 850 with a full exzos and lowed spring " sapura " its nice all ready. allwais wanted to change to L5 4piston but no meney.. and i did a lot of home work cause of minat..

what i think is L2s in a very old enjin all ready.. and L5 4piston is still ok and good for long distance drive, they say l5 manja, it depends on your right leg la.. if you are a kaki :vroam: tekan all the way. then for sure can not tahan la.. sorry to all the l2s users ya.. anything kancil is a good car..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye, my car is already 10 years old, and there is some area at rear boot the paint started to peel off. So i want to restore my car paint back, before i sent if for detailing, may i know any good spray shop near by shah alam area?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience