Beginner in Evo7

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

insaniac7.5

Known Member
Jan 16, 2007
hello guys..just got my evo7 GT-A last week..just want some guide from the sifus about a few standard mods that we need to do as a beginner..not too ganas one lar..just a typical mods..my turbo knowledge is poor coz before this,i used bmw..sadly my father bought this evo because he wanted to use my bmw :X-:

by the way,for this auto evo7,i need a speed cutter first..but i dont know which brand is better..and other than the use of this speed cutter in the ecu,what other advantage can i gained if i buy the ecu..

thanks guys~ :regular_smile:

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Bro..

firstly, welcome 2 MLOC forum and we gald to have new forumer..Im not an Evo owner but im sure that you in the right place to ask every single info about your new car here...By the way, your have a great father that bought an Evo7 for u my friend..Its really a great car...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
welcome insaniac7.5 to MLOC forums!!!.. nice to have another lancer / evo in here!!!
i think b4 modding your car you need to understand it and know how it works and wonders.. also maintaining it as well!!.. where you located?
maybe you can join us for a TT and we can chit chat about your car! just pm me your HP number and we will contact you!!

Cheers!!

insaniac7.5

Known Member
Jan 16, 2007
thanks guys for ur advice..by the way,i've already went to N1 and he recommended me to take kansai ecu..but i've heard from some friends about e-manage,greddy and etc..i think greddy is quite expensive..i dont want my car to evolve to a huge speed monster..normal speed monster also enough :X-:

sadly that mine is japan spec so every manuals are in japanese..thats why i need some basic informations..

insaniac7.5

Known Member
Jan 16, 2007
welcome insaniac7.5 to MLOC forums!!!.. nice to have another lancer / evo in here!!!
i think b4 modding your car you need to understand it and know how it works and wonders.. also maintaining it as well!!.. where you located?
maybe you can join us for a TT and we can chit chat about your car! just pm me your HP number and we will contact you!!

Cheers!!
done! anyway,im from seremban but im studying in mmu cyberjaya..nice to hear some replies from u guys :regular_smile:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
feel free to PM ur H/p and we can have TT session on the commint TT

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
have u change your air filter and exhaust? if not no point to get a aftermarket ecu. it need to work best with some basic modification such as the above item.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, basic mod starting from air filter + exhuast... If u jus wanna a speed cut, u can get de Pivot speedc cutter thingy for jus rm2xx... Tht's de cheapest speed cut ard if am not wrong... :_: As for ECU, its pretty costly as it might goes up to rm2k easily with tuning excluded... So de best n easier thing to do is air filter + exhuast + Pivot ard rm2.7k to start with...

Welcome to MLOC forum!!! :_:

oonbc

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
evo
i heard pivot cant eliminate gta speed cut :P better find out from the seller.. dono is true or not... but it works with manual evo as i m using.. hihihi..

insaniac7.5

Known Member
Jan 16, 2007
i heard that only a manual evo can use a cheap speed cutter and as for the gta,it has to use an ecu around 2-3k..im not sure about that but i'll check it again..

air filter is ok..but i dont know how to choose the exhaust..u guys can recommend? i dont want too 'garang' sound..n whats the budget for exhaust modification..

thanks~

oonbc

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
evo
insaniac, i just hv a word with the mechanic i do my car n just to check with him about the speed cut stuff... he told me he got a product from PS power sport (UK) which can eliminate the speed cut. the cost is few hundreds if i m not mistaken.. well if u interested do call him la n check it out... his no. is 012 3963348 andy...

good luck :) hope he can help u... cheers

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
ya ya.....rsm very gud n effective summore very nice n digital APEXI design......now even got BLACK limited edition ....droollllllllllllllllllll

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
See...

I told u bro, all the Otai fella in the forum will support u as strong as they will...Anyway, im also from N/Sembilan - Cherzz......

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
if you just plan on just illiminating the speedcut... either go for PS or RSM...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
why go for piggyback when you dont intend to boost up?.. use the stock ECU untill you really want to boost-up... then only you think about changing it...

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
bro........just a word of sharing....if u r after a COST effective method to eliminate speed cut......PIVOT is the best to get it done.....its good if u wan to venture into the realms of aftermarket ecu........the ecu change is the 1st step to unlock a whole wide world of differences....n really discover your car potential....but again its up to u to decide wat u really wan ...........changing ecu is not just a matter of wan or dun wan to boost up.....aftermarket ecu comes with different mappings dat optimizes the performance further....if u check out the circuit attacking cars....or those cars dat are meant to GO.......ecu change is essential........well i guess...if stock can do it......all the tuner shops can tapao n close shop liao :))

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
exhaust wise....try the HKS HI POWER SILENT its really good stuff.....n this exhaust has been proven world wide......or u can try APEXI .....apexi has also developed its exhaust performance based on track circuit racing r & d

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

owning a car is fun, driving them is exciting but caring is troublesome

imagine if you are given these millions $ ride to care for?

swirls and paint damages by irregularity washing method / aka wrong washing technics

scuffles

door jam dirt...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience