Batu Kawan Sprint Test on 3rd Dec

sanjevlct

Mar 2, 2006
CoolJas,

1.6 SOHC? nice. i think i may have heard of this engine but am not sure whether it is the same engine that my friend has told me about.

Anyways,

Who is installing the new 4g6* engine and removing the 1.8SOHC? Are you refering to James? Kinda lots in translation here! hehehehe...

CooLJas... you are from pG??

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
sanjevlct said:
CoolJas,

1.6 SOHC? nice. i think i may have heard of this engine but am not sure whether it is the same engine that my friend has told me about.

Anyways,

Who is installing the new 4g6* engine and removing the 1.8SOHC? Are you refering to James? Kinda lots in translation here! hehehehe...

CooLJas... you are from pG??
SRF racing is using 1.6DOHC...........

I think James will be using the 4G6X engine tis year......im not from penang....sorry

sanjevlct

Mar 2, 2006
CoolJas,

Thanks for clearing that up. Anyways, i heard was a SOHC and not DOHC. my bad.

James is using a different engine ay? Hmm... sounds interesting. Will be good to see more fast cars coming up in 2007.

Spill de details so we know what car to look out for in them Drag races yo. Now this everyone can share :regular_smile:

vanila

Known Member
May 4, 2006
waaahhh....

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
SRF Racing said:
u r true bro....our 1.6 machine not very strong laaa...bottom side was standard factory only...

we need to do something for improvement...

if bro James 4G93SOCH come to this coming SDB, `abis la gua kena tapau` :mouth_closed:
I dont think u kena tapau,,that guy 4g93sohc must meet Man Si first,,then only he can meet you:shades_smile:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
sanjevlct said:
Hi SRF Racing,

Hey, are you the one with the 1.6 SOHC in a Daihatsu? or is it the SI which won first place? Correct me if im wrong. If I am wrong, then what car and engine are you using? Congrats to the champion though. Real fast car. Hopefully can match with the SI in the near future. Hhahaha... Hopefully lah....

The Daihatsu in Batu Kawan Dec '06 was a monster. Gile Fast but sayang got technical problem. Would have loved to see the car whop some of the Turbo cars! Hahahaha...

Vanilla,
Yea la. I dunno where they got the idea from(Gen-2 bumper). I think it was left overs from a spare part shop then they take and use. Hahaha... Not to sure bout it.

By the way, when is SDB?? Dun think the Satria will be going for it. Go there sure kena ta pau from other fast cars there. Still a long way to go fo the Satria. Heard dat they plan to use another engine dis year. Not to suire bout it. Guess will have to wait and see what happens this year.

So GUYS!!! any idea whos participating this coming Feb '07? Details Details!!... Hopefully this would be as interesting as the last drag!!

Alright guys... keep the modifiying spirit alive and keep connected!
That daihatsu is from lydia:shades_smile:

sanjevlct

Mar 2, 2006
V8,
I know before the the daihatsu, they had a putra 4g93. that was a real monster. number plate 34. very impressive on 300m. Engine is stock when u open the bonnet but when he starts the car... its a different story.

SRF Racing,

I would agree with v8. We will never know until the two cars meet on the track. Then for sure we will know what kinda outcome. Until then i doubt it is justified that you say the 1.6DOHC will lose out. Hard to say bro.

:)

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
V8_nutter said:
I dont think u kena tapau,,that guy 4g93sohc must meet Man Si first,,then only he can meet you:shades_smile:
hi my fren! long time no see...how's yur project car...can join next SDB on 24th Feb?

is't Man SI won the last bt. kawan event?... if yes ok never mind :regular_smile:

waa pak latip charade not so bad aaa....

cooljas said:
I believe u can do it bro.....ill be there to c ur improve time tis coming sepang drag battle!Remember hit the 12secs barrier....hehe
i hope so....thanks for yur kinda support :shades_smile:
V8 nutter will come under 12 sec u know...hehehee

sanjevlct said:
Hi SRF Racing,

Hey, are you the one with the 1.6 SOHC in a Daihatsu? or is it the SI which won first place? Correct me if im wrong. If I am wrong, then what car and engine are you using? Congrats to the champion though. Real fast car. Hopefully can match with the SI in the near future. Hhahaha... Hopefully lah....

The Daihatsu in Batu Kawan Dec '06 was a monster. Gile Fast but sayang got technical problem. Would have loved to see the car whop some of the Turbo cars! Hahahaha...

V8,
I know before the the daihatsu, they had a putra 4g93. that was a real monster. number plate 34. very impressive on 300m. Engine is stock when u open the bonnet but when he starts the car... its a different story.
waaaahhhh....for u the daihatsu & 34 putra was the real monster haaa...
to me it's not...just like the other drag car also....sorry to say laa my fren

Fussion_R

Known Member
May 15, 2005
east side
SRF Racing said:
hi my fren! long time no see...how's yur project car...can join next SDB on 24th Feb?

is't Man SI won the last bt. kawan event?... if yes ok never mind :regular_smile:

waa pak latip charade not so bad aaa....

i hope so....thanks for yur kinda support :shades_smile:
V8 nutter will come under 12 sec u know...hehehee

waaaahhhh....for u the daihatsu & 34 putra was the real monster haaa...
to me it's not...just like the other drag car also....sorry to say laa my fren

yeahhh... thats right.... the 34 putra is nothing to Mr.SRF_Racing......
for ur info Mr.SanjevIct, Mr.SRF_Racing is the SRF Racing satria at the Sepang Drag Battle lorrr....... u dont know kaa...?? the blue satria 4G93 NA that can open the bonet with the fender also, playing on D-category, his the winner on that category last year....

see u in this coming sdb bro.....

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Fussion_R said:
yeahhh... thats right.... the 34 putra is nothing to Mr.SRF_Racing......
for ur info Mr.SanjevIct, Mr.SRF_Racing is the SRF Racing satria at the Sepang Drag Battle lorrr....... u dont know kaa...?? the blue satria 4G93 NA that can open the bonet with the fender also, playing on D-category, his the winner on that category last year....

see u in this coming sdb bro.....
not like that laa brader...what i meant is, the 34 putra & daihatsu not the 'real monster' like mr sanjevlct said before...

to me, that cars just same like the other drag car...it's not monster laa...normal on the road drag car...Lydia Team was our friend also...i'm noticed that the 'real monster' still inside their garage at Sunway...tube frame chasis!!!...
just wait n see...

correction my fren Fussion_R, we are using 4G92 not 4G93 haaa :angry_smile:
what happened to yur 'monster'???

Fussion_R

Known Member
May 15, 2005
east side
SRF Racing said:
not like that laa brader...what i meant is, the 34 putra & daihatsu not the 'real monster' like mr sanjevlct said before...

to me, that cars just same like the other drag car...it's not monster laa...normal on the road drag car...Lydia Team was our friend also...i'm noticed that the 'real monster' still inside their garage at Sunway...tube frame chasis!!!...
just wait n see...

correction my fren Fussion_R, we are using 4G92 not 4G93 haaa :angry_smile:
what happened to yur 'monster'???
o0o0o0ooo.... like that aaa...
wahhh, so u've got a new challenger this season aaa...... i think its must be satria also kan...... must be more fun..... good luck to u....
sorry bro.... correction for all the pembaca, its 4G92, not 4G93.... ekekeekkekeee....

our monster...?? not a monster laaa, just a little monster.... mmmm, already solve the problem, just for ride, not for race i think....... wait until we go and mengahadap our sifu at Klang there.... no time rite now.... see u there...

sanjevlct

Mar 2, 2006
SRF & Fussion,

Im just steppin into the drag arena so forgive me if i got a few things wrong or mixed up. Thank you for correcting me. Newbie here. Jus trying to get my info correct :) and am still in the learning phases.

The SOHC93 lost to the Si. SOHC has to improve to before can think of tryin with another car like that again.

I've heard bout the blue satria. is it the one with the super light body (tube frame)? Unfortunately for me, i have yet to see it/these cars in action. Im sure it would be a good experience to do so. This would be one of the reasons why i am not sure bout stuff. So hope you guys don't get angry if i get a few things mixed up here and there. Jikalau salah, tolong tunjukkan, ya?

Don't mind me asking but are these 12secs cars all practical or just meant for short burst using. I mean that these engines can last long or not? Do you have to overhaul/replace parts after the race? Cause if I am not wrong, alot of customising has taken place and only the exterior of the block looks stock but inside, is a whole different story. Thus with this mods, how long is the life span of these machines/engines and are these engines road friendly?

If these engines are raced and just need minor servicing after the race, then i am impressed. Im sorry if this may seem as a dumb question but i really need to know the reliability of these 12 or under 12 secs engines. Are they built to last or just for a few races then its back to the drawing board again? Hope you guys can give me an answer to the question of reliability of these engines...

Thank you so much for all the info here.

Big Up!

Last edited:

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Fussion_R said:
o0o0o0ooo.... like that aaa...
wahhh, so u've got a new challenger this season aaa...... i think its must be satria also kan...... must be more fun..... good luck to u....
sorry bro.... correction for all the pembaca, its 4G92, not 4G93.... ekekeekkekeee....

our monster...?? not a monster laaa, just a little monster.... mmmm, already solve the problem, just for ride, not for race i think....... wait until we go and mengahadap our sifu at Klang there.... no time rite now.... see u there...
not satria's body but charade also...like father like son...hehehhee
i dunno either they can perform this year or not...

they are not new challenger to us...in fact we are the challenger to them...
before we joined category D in the middle SDB season of 2005, they & civic SI almost be the finalist in every event...

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I would like to have an opinion on what absorbers & springs i should go for as i looking for comfort only as my current waja absorbers and spring practically is just too noisy and hard.

Went thru a couple brands like Koni with eibach springs, Gab adjustables, Hot bitz adjustable and Tein adjustable.Out of this 4 wanted to know which you would you recomend for ultimate comfort and at a affordable price.

Regards,

CJ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience