Basic camshaft installation guide

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi bro...can you mention where can i get that hellokitty?is it jasma..?:driver:
I got it from EA Autoworks, Pipercam billet camshaft. Not Jasma regrinded cam. PM Drexchan for more details on the cost of the cam.

HaziqRais

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kelantan
I need to get a set of cams that are made for my car right?
Or can use any cams on any engines?
And does regrinding the stock cam can make it better? More hp?
Thanks!

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
guys, correct me if im wrong.

adj.cam pulley 'able to manipulate' the cam timing, hence the effect will be similiar to changing a wilder cam? how an engine with stock camshaft can benefit from adj cam pulley then? sorry if off topic

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
guys, correct me if im wrong.

adj.cam pulley 'able to manipulate' the cam timing, hence the effect will be similiar to changing a wilder cam? how an engine with stock camshaft can benefit from adj cam pulley then? sorry if off topic
Bro...

Adjustable cam pulley can alter the "timing" but not the "duration" and "lift". So the main function is to shift the powerband (whether further up/lower down) and not really increase power.

It des increase power a bit, but not as drastic as changing to a wilder camshaft.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Izso, just wondering if your engine has the capabilities of the mivec or vtec to change to the wilder camshafts after a preset RPM? Or is it 260/288 all the way? Thanks!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Izso, just wondering if your engine has the capabilities of the mivec or vtec to change to the wilder camshafts after a preset RPM? Or is it 260/288 all the way? Thanks!
Nah. It's an archaic 4G15 SOHC. it's 260/288 all the way.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I hate to dig up an old post but Izso! I need to ask you, what is your cam timing set at currently? And where did you set your powerband to? I'm just curious to know haha.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I hate to dig up an old post but Izso! I need to ask you, what is your cam timing set at currently? And where did you set your powerband to? I'm just curious to know haha.
Uh.. cam timing? Do you mean cam angle? If yes then it was at retard 2 degrees when I was using my auto GB. Powerband was between 3k to 5k rpms. Now with manual I'm using 0 degrees but it's completely useless at 0. I have to fiddle with it and try advancing or retarding. Haven't really had to time to mess with it.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Uh.. cam timing? Do you mean cam angle? If yes then it was at retard 2 degrees when I was using my auto GB. Powerband was between 3k to 5k rpms. Now with manual I'm using 0 degrees but it's completely useless at 0. I have to fiddle with it and try advancing or retarding. Haven't really had to time to mess with it.
Whoops yeah I meant cam angle. Okay thanks for the info! I'm thinking of saving up to get one myself. :driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've recently bought Eterna halfcut with a 4wd gearbox..Now in the process to convert it to my perdana..Does anyone here can give me a guide how to lock the gearbox to 2wd..I just want to know how..just for knowledge..

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience