Bad Experience In Buying A Second Hand Car.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Sorry for your bad experience in getting a car...but from your story I can tell that you were quite desperate in getting the car until every problem with the car seems ok to you. You should have think twice when the mechanic by passed this and that...

I'm not desperate...well abit...okay la just a bit more desperate..because who can tahan RM30 per day on using the GTO...If i'm rich and my dad keep pumping money i wouldn't mind.. but i'm just a part time tuner and also a student at a university only.. If i get a job..then i get money.. no job no money.. that's the bad thing.. and RM30 is quoted as minimum to everyday.. sometimes if theres football or any shit project by the shit university,i'll use more. (students bear everything! making a degree is all about money). That is hard man..So i'm getting this car for my daily drive as usual..:love:

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

No la, that's the wrong way to test drive 'sport car'..Such car is an enthusiast's car which means it can be driven enthusiastically.

A few years ago when i was looking for A31, all the test drives were about g̶s̶p̶o̶t̶ g-force or simply how strong the engine pulls. If it's not healthy, of course it'll be no deal. You're the buyer, you have the rights to ensure you're dealing in a fair & square manners.

Cosmetically is easy to solve, but if it's due to engine/wiring.. Good luck. :burnout:

Currently the car is already 70% done from what i can see... The mechanics here is shah alam doing it very fast! and when i shared my story.. He was so pissed off.. why? it scratches the mechanics name..hahahha...

70%?
thats fast
update us ur progress man
some pics would be nice

70%?
thats fast
update us ur progress man
some pics would be nice

i'm dropping down to the workshop after exam tomorrow..i'll update of course! more than happy! haha...At least the gearbox i up already...

omg, how come you actually gave money for a junk?..should of walked away when u saw this..haih

Man, u are just 23!

What's wrong with 23 man! i'm young and decent =.=... and i'm in my last year of degree...

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

omg, how come you actually gave money for a junk?..should of walked away when u saw this..haih

How was i suppose to know coz it was almost seem like the problem was tiny during the first day to the second day.. after that only it became shit.

You're one helluva rich student :P

Anyway, how'd you do the transfer of ownership if the car hasn't gone through puspakom and JPJ registration?

Ts, from what I read, u said that the 'B6' is too scary and u just start it to warm it up, I am just curious, what is a B6? And why is it too scary for u to start it up or drive it? For your celica, all I can say is be patience bro and solve all the problems one by one :)

You're one helluva rich student :P

Anyway, how'd you do the transfer of ownership if the car hasn't gone through puspakom and JPJ registration?

I ain't rich..my GTO come from my dad..its his,not moving for 6 months until i got my 'P'..
Mazda Astina is my grandma passed down to me...
This is the car that i bought on my own..haha...
My income comes from my part time work, a bit of business here and there, and also doing runners job sometimes during free times,and a junior manager of a drinking stall..That's all...
So manage to collect la this amount with some reserve.. Had to delay my engagement due to this.. delay one month only..hahahhaha....

Well here's the story, the geran and doc are still with me.. The fact is.. the car never even make it puspa and JPJ.. the gear pecah wat... So how to take it there? From a far also the JPJ see.. 'Oh confirm tak lepas, died halfway'.. hahahahhaha...

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Ts, from what I read, u said that the 'B6' is too scary and u just start it to warm it up, I am just curious, what is a B6? And why is it too scary for u to start it up or drive it? For your celica, all I can say is be patience bro and solve all the problems one by one :)

B6 is an engine my good man..Well okay la fine, i write it full... Mazda B6 Turbo engine. Too scary not as in the power is too scary.. It's because the head is not straight already.. I drove it before, it takes 7 minutes and 35 seconds for the temperature to shoot up above H. So i warm up also i scare le...

So heres the current story... MR2 E153 Transmission with LSD is already up, now have to get the Inner Driveshaft to create the Hybrid ST185 + MR2 Driveshaft since this car is gonna be FWD and not 4WD..

Attachments

• Damansara-20140224-00673.jpg
    Damansara-20140224-00673.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Yeah.. and i've already updated the latest problems and also the parts that already been fixed...half way to go i guess....

I ain't rich..my GTO come from my dad..its his,not moving for 6 months until i got my 'P'..
My income comes from my part time work, a bit of business here and there, and also doing runners job sometimes during free times,and a junior manager of a drinking stall..That's all...
So manage to collect la this amount with some reserve.. Had to delay my engagement due to this.. delay one month only..hahahhaha....

Well here's the story, the geran and doc are still with me.. The fact is.. the car never even make it puspa and JPJ.. the gear pecah wat... So how to take it there? From a far also the JPJ see.. 'Oh confirm tak lepas, died halfway'.. hahahahhaha...

Eh.. you're a runner? Perhaps you could help me out with this GB change of mine. I'm hesitant to register the gb change over because online it says it's not needed. But at the same time I have a feeling it's required to be done in order to sell my car.

And awesome family you have. All the right cars! :biggrin: (except the Astina, I'm not a fan).

Personally I would've tried pressing the price right down and slowly build up the car as an interest thing. But that's me and I'm way past my student years.

My car is just the same as ur name wei stupidcar..haih..I feel sad..I feel terrible and I feel cheated.. I put in so much effort to get the car that I want..I went to Melaka without complaining to get things done.. I went down wei.. Please la..you wanna sell a car,I'm not expecting a super excellent condition no scratch engine made out of titanium or something. All I'm asking for is just please,if u wanna sell a car..then do it right..make sure everything is in hand and in RUNNING condition..I'm not a guy with too much expectations..I rely on my own most of the time.its just running condition I ask for,not perfect also nevermind ma.. But this one is so costly to fix and its not easy to find..example the roof panel,maybe I have to mod it u know..I ask mun lee chop shop..they don't have that thing..I don't know how to describe my feelings d..

I guess ya I know we are not expecting the car to be perfect and hopefully the owner did repair all things before selling it. Not many ppl are like us. Like me selling my car, I make sure everything is running good before selling it. I want the new owner to be satisfied because I know how it feels to buy a crap car even thought I recently bought a 2nd hand car but already expected that there are wear and tear parts that I need to replaced. So, didn't really feel disappointed or anything for a getting a car that is around 17 years old.

Just checked what I can see needed to replaced especially tyres and press down the price. Still got few parts to go that need to change step by step. Just have the mind of restoring it back to a great car then your feeling will be better even though end of the day still need to fork up that money.

Though your spending will be more than me in estimation. Mine at least around RM2K-3K max. Not including repainting whole car.

Sell back to the damn owner lah. If its like this, your car is kinda fcked man.
Not trying to put you down.

How to sell back? Once you reached and agreement and yet you already paid. Really only dream can get back the money that already paid. Since I think that owner actually know what is wrong with the car and sell the car with his conscious. Really hate such ppl. At least tell the truth what is rosak to new owner and set a price that actually make sense.

B6 is an engine my good man..Well okay la fine, i write it full... Mazda B6 Turbo engine. Too scary not as in the power is too scary.. It's because the head is not straight already.. I drove it before, it takes 7 minutes and 35 seconds for the temperature to shoot up above H. So i warm up also i scare le...

So heres the current story... MR2 E153 Transmission with LSD is already up, now have to get the Inner Driveshaft to create the Hybrid ST185 + MR2 Driveshaft since this car is gonna be FWD and not 4WD..

Damn, I wouldn't even pay upfront if the ownership was not transferred. If a deposit maybe yes, but not full amount when ownership not transferred. If it was a stolen car then I'm in deep shit.

Even though I have the geran in hand. I still don't feel secure. That's me la. :biggrin:

just take this experience as a learning curve...u will be satisfied when your car has been fully restored.
ask alantjw for advice he also has a yellow celica.

What's wrong with 23 man! i'm young and decent =.=... and i'm in my last year of degree...

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

How was i suppose to know coz it was almost seem like the problem was tiny during the first day to the second day.. after that only it became shit.

Im only 21 bro. When I'm 23 I will use you as inspiration and get a Tezza Hehhehehe

wah all so young can drive nice car edi. when I was your age I was driving a Toyota LE.

wah all so young can drive nice car edi. when I was your age I was driving a Toyota LE.

When I was his age only taking Intrakota and the most is father's sentra. Not mind also.

Eh.. you're a runner? Perhaps you could help me out with this GB change of mine. I'm hesitant to register the gb change over because online it says it's not needed. But at the same time I have a feeling it's required to be done in order to sell my car.

And awesome family you have. All the right cars! :biggrin: (except the Astina, I'm not a fan).

Personally I would've tried pressing the price right down and slowly build up the car as an interest thing. But that's me and I'm way past my student years.

GB as in Gearbox? Auto to manual? That one needed wei...plus have to go down to putrajaya some more...my celi was registered as auto...haven't change yet...
My dad was a workshop owner.. so i got involve into cars because of him! hahaha.. Still remember the old days after SPM straight away work at workshop..

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I guess ya I know we are not expecting the car to be perfect and hopefully the owner did repair all things before selling it. Not many ppl are like us. Like me selling my car, I make sure everything is running good before selling it. I want the new owner to be satisfied because I know how it feels to buy a crap car even thought I recently bought a 2nd hand car but already expected that there are wear and tear parts that I need to replaced. So, didn't really feel disappointed or anything for a getting a car that is around 17 years old.

Just checked what I can see needed to replaced especially tyres and press down the price. Still got few parts to go that need to change step by step. Just have the mind of restoring it back to a great car then your feeling will be better even though end of the day still need to fork up that money.

Though your spending will be more than me in estimation. Mine at least around RM2K-3K max. Not including repainting whole car.

How to sell back? Once you reached and agreement and yet you already paid. Really only dream can get back the money that already paid. Since I think that owner actually know what is wrong with the car and sell the car with his conscious. Really hate such ppl. At least tell the truth what is rosak to new owner and set a price that actually make sense.

Damn, I wouldn't even pay upfront if the ownership was not transferred. If a deposit maybe yes, but not full amount when ownership not transferred. If it was a stolen car then I'm in deep shit.

Even though I have the geran in hand. I still don't feel secure. That's me la. :biggrin:

the best part is the grant form name transfer havent fill in yet..oh well..better inform my friend at jpj..at least i have the proof of purchase..there was receipt wei..
Dream another 10,000 years to sell back the car.. no way.. i dont know if its either his mechanic keep his mouth shut or the owner kept his mouth shut...
Today spending my day at a chop shop =.= Finding the MR2 driveshaft to fit to my MR2 tranny...:sleep:

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Ei last time when i was 17 i only drive iswara 4G15 u know..local some more... until i crashed that car and it turn into a drag car at Cyberjaya. LE still got class man!

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

just take this experience as a learning curve...u will be satisfied when your car has been fully restored.
ask alantjw for advice he also has a yellow celica.

i've been stalking this guy for ages.. but his last online was last year... i presume he is no longer active here?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Im only 21 bro. When I'm 23 I will use you as inspiration and get a Tezza Hehhehehe

Errrrr...Why altezza man? i did consider that car.. but that was when i was your age la.. comfy car.. driven before.. and i think the horse power is compatible with the body.. Tezza ain't a light car...
You're getting it when? Yamaha beams engine sounds interesting.

@TitanRev
SIFUUU!! why la this happen to me.. i feel down you know.. my love for this car is slowly dispersing away when more and more problem came to me...

Don't feel sad la bro....we love cars, sure went through such experiences in our life time. If not how do we call ourselves car enthusiasts. Take this as a learning for you to understand the car better from inside out. Look on the bright side, at least in the end you will know more than the average people who only drive from A to B.

the best part is the grant form name transfer havent fill in yet..oh well..better inform my friend at jpj..at least i have the proof of purchase..there was receipt wei..
Dream another 10,000 years to sell back the car.. no way.. i dont know if its either his mechanic keep his mouth shut or the owner kept his mouth shut...
Today spending my day at a chop shop =.= Finding the MR2 driveshaft to fit to my MR2 tranny...:sleep:

If you got the proof that you paid, should be fine but only protect you if the
owner said you paid less. If it is a stolen car then...:banghead:

Anyway, let's just be positive. Grats in getting the car you want though. I believe you can restore it slowly. Since your dad also open a workshop, He can actually check it for you also.

Should have brought your dad along to check the car la haha!

To me, That so called mechanic sounds like already pakat with him.
He doesn't sound so convincing that he is checking the car but just put
on a drama show to make the car in running condition.

Like suppressing the problem not to surface so soon until all was paid.
Usually buyer will use own trusted mechanic. Not really use seller's mechanic.

Oh well, what is past is past. So just enjoy the car after restoring it. No choice already.
Pros is, at least you get to understand the car better now. Same like me.
Things that I changed and replaced on my car, I get to know what parts
it has and what to change in future. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom