Bad Experience @ HupShun Tyre shop - Bandar Sunway

Donowitz

Apr 14, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
BAD EXPERIENCE @ HUP SHUN TYRE SHOP - BANDAR SUNWAY

DISCLAIMER:
This thread is created with no intention whatsoever to defame said party: (HupShun Tyres Auto Car Care Sdn. Bhd.). All reviews and comments are of personal experiences and dissatisfaction only. Experiences among individuals may vary.

-

DETAILS OF MY EXPERIENCE:
I sent my car to HupShun Tyre @ JALAN PJS 11/7, BANDaR SUNWAY, for changing two front tires. After changing the tires, I experienced steering vibration at high speed above 120/kmh.

I brought it back to HupShun the next working day and told them about the problem. They just took it out, rebalanced and replace back, and tell me "it's 'OKAY now".

From my past experience, I had this same vibration problem above 120/kmh before, and the previous tire shop did an on-wheel/high speed balancing for me, and everything was ok. - But this HupShun mechanic told me that actually they don't have that machine to do high-speed balancing.

THEN THINGS GET INTERESTING.

He proceeded to tell me actually my rims are dented (bengkok)!!

I argued and said, if my rims are dented (bengkok), why the day before when I traveled to Johor and back, there was NO vibration AT ALL even at 150-160/kmh??

I politely asked to speak to the manager.

The mechanic went over to discuss with the other staffs and the admin.

As I walked over to them, another mechanic walked out from the group, walked past me, and loudly replied them in Cantonese:

"CHEH! ONLY BOUGHT TWO TIRES, WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER MEH?". Basically implying that I am a low-paying customer, unworthy of entertainment? "Professionalism"-much? :rolleyes: (This mechanic was actually a nice person the day before, when I first came to the shop to inquire for purchase.)

I ignored his unprofessional insult.

Mr. Ivan (who I presume is the Head Mechanic of HupShun Tyres), walked over and politely spoke to me, and said that they can not do anything if my rims are 'bengkok'. I will need to repair the rims with them if I want the vibration to go away.

I stressed that "If my rims were bengkok, why only after I changed tires at your shop, and you guys redo (screwed up) my balancing, that I have this steering vibration at high speed?". He however, IGNORED my question, and again said they can not do anything if my rims are bengkok.
* Ivan, I understand that you can not allow your company to lose money by paying extra for this problem and fault your company cost me, but STOP LYING TO ME.

I told Mr. Ivan, (the Head Mechanic of HupShun) to please do a On-Wheel/High Speed balancing WITH the machine used to spin the tires while the tires are on the car, and I am 100% sure my steering vibration problem will be solved.

Mr. Ivan said they don't use this method anymore, and that their own machine (take out the tires and spin on the machine) is 'GOOD ENOUGH for balancing', and they have not used the manual machine to spin the tires for 3 years already.

** Okay? Why not just tell me that HupShun is inefficient in their machinery, that they do not have the funds for a simple basic manual high-speed balancing machine that costs only about RM10-20k? Or that HupShun does not want to compensate me in anyway because they do not have the technology?

I left the shop, very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Anyway, after that I quickly head to my previous tire shop at KL to do the on-wheel/high speed balancing with the machine spinning the tire while the tire is on the car, and PROBLEM SOLVED.

-

CONCLUSION:
1) My tire/rims balancing was screwed up after changing tires at HupShun.
2) I got insulted by one of their mechanics.
3) I had to waste more time going to another tire shop, pay extra money to rectify a problem that HupShun created for me.
4) I WAS PUSHED AWAY AND DENIED WARRANTY, BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO RECTIFY MY PROBLEM. Even when it boldly state along the lines of "7 days warranty" on their receipt's T&C. An weightless statement and empty warranty promise.

VERDICT:
This is my FIRST and LAST TIME going to HupShun Tyres. I am not saying 'Do not go to HupShun Tyres Sunway'. I am just saying 'Be careful of having to experience the same, if you ever decide to go to HupShun Tyres Sunway for the first time'.

-

If you are the Manager or Owner of HupShun, or you know the owner/manager well. Feel free to inform him/her about this. Do bear in mind that this is MY bad experience. I'm sure every shop has their share of satisfied customers, and unsatisfied customers. You can not satisfy everyone.

But HupShun Tyres, I am one of your unsatisfied customer that has the extra time to post my experience on an online forum, to warn fellow forumers from having to experience the same sh*t as I did at your premise.

Regards.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Anyway, after that I quickly head to my previous tire shop at KL to do the on-wheel/high speed balancing with the machine spinning the tire while the tire is on the car, and PROBLEM SOLVED.

Which shop is this?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I bought my used Myvi SE Rims from Hup Shun tyres about 1 or 2 years ago. I think Ivan is an alright guy. Only the mechs that is the one I would say be careful.

I remember that they told me that I had to add the spacer or something since I change rims so that it will be more stable. The boss overheard it and ask his mech why need to install that? The rims would just fit nicely in Kelisa. No need. I was like okay maybe he wasn't aware of that or he just really want to dig more from me.

Also, before I came to buy the rims from them, I did ask the boss before I came back 2nd time for the rims price. 2nd time came back, price given by the staffs was way higher than the boss who told me the price previously. Then only the mech agreed with the price I was quoted previously by the boss.

Anyway, Hup Shun is quite a reputable tyre shop. So far I'm satisfied. I would only say, we got to know our stuffs well no matter which workshop we go.

Donowitz

Apr 14, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Which shop is this?
Good day Ixeo,

I do not want to expose the name of the other shop that solved my problem, as I don't want others to think I am here trying to promote another shop. But if you wish, I will gladly PM you the shop that solved my problem.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I bought my used Myvi SE Rims from Hup Shun tyres about 1 or 2 years ago. I think Ivan is an alright guy. Only the mechs that is the one I would say be careful.

I remember that they told me that I had to add the spacer or something since I change rims so that it will be more stable. The boss overheard it and ask his mech why need to install that? The rims would just fit nicely in Kelisa. No need. I was like okay maybe he wasn't aware of that or he just really want to dig more from me.

Also, before I came to buy the rims from them, I did ask the boss before I came back 2nd time for the rims price. 2nd time came back, price given by the staffs was way higher than the boss who told me the price previously. Then only the mech agreed with the price I was quoted previously by the boss.

Anyway, Hup Shun is quite a reputable tyre shop. So far I'm satisfied. I would only say, we got to know our stuffs well no matter which workshop we go.
Supra_Fanatics,

It's good to know you had a good experience at HupShun 1-2 years ago.

I do agree with you that Ivan was all right, and in a way innocent. Because when he spoke to me, he did not know exactly what was happening to my car. He only heard from what the other "lower ranking" mechanic told him. Which was unfortunate, because the poor quality of staff/mechanics/employees below the supervisor could easily break a company's reputation.

Thing is, even if I knew my stuff, in this case, they sneakily forced me into a situation where I had to accept that my rims were dented/'bengkok'. What more could I say? They obviously knew the problem, but decided to lie to me because they know they do not have the resources to tend to my car with.

So had no choice but to leave the shop feeling cheated.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Supra_Fanatics,

It's good to know you had a good experience at HupShun 1-2 years ago.

I do agree with you that Ivan was all right, and in a way innocent. Because when he spoke to me, he did not know exactly what was happening to my car. He only heard from what the other "lower ranking" mechanic told him. Which was unfortunate, because the poor quality of staff/mechanics/employees below the supervisor could easily break a company's reputation.

Thing is, even if I knew my stuff, in this case, they sneakily forced me into a situation where I had to accept that my rims were dented/'bengkok'. What more could I say? They obviously knew the problem, but decided to lie to me because they know they do not have the resources to tend to my car with.

Sorry to hear your experience with them. Agree with you on the staffs part. I was surprised that they have that kind of attitude to say that to you sarcastically.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Years ago I used to be a frequent customer of HupShun until I went Global...haha means I started using other shops or other shops got to know me, vice versa....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

If the rims are dented they should put on the balancer and show you. If dented once you spin it on the balancer you can see it shaking left and right or up/down....:banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
that is why when send the car for balancing, always stick around at the tyre shop to watch over the foreman working on the balancing. When the foreman wish to test-drive after balancing, I always insist to ride shotgun....

Prevent the foreman "abusing" the car. Better be safe than sorry.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Years ago I used to be a frequent customer of HupShun until I went Global...haha means I started using other shops or other shops got to know me, vice versa....:biggrin:

If the rims are dented they should put on the balancer and show you. If dented once you spin it on the balancer you can see it shaking left and right or up/down....:banghead:
Yup, normally they will spin at the balancing machine to prove that it is dented.
But seems TS case, they just tell him off is dented without showing him that it is dented.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, normally they will spin at the balancing machine to prove that it is dented.
But seems TS case, they just tell him off is dented without showing him that it is dented.
Yup, and if dented found during tyre change time, they would have tried to ask him to repair rims....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Went to Hup Shun yesterday with bro. SC. Have not been there for ages but bro. SC already ask for tyre from there and asked me to accompany him, probably afraid after reading this thread.
We Scout around looking at the rims and tyres then only look for and ask the boss for tyres available for bro. SC car which is 195/60R15 size. Wanted something cheap so he recommended Achilles Platinum which I rejected then he recommend Achilles ATR Sports. After looking at the tyres and thread design bro. SC fell in love with it...ha! ha! Asked for price and was quoted RM185 per pc. which was quoted at RM200 over the phone, so bro. SC said okay.
Car drove in, two workers worked on it and guess what the tyre mounting was done by the boss himself. Two tyres just took like 15 minutes from removal, mounting, balancing and refitted. They even ask what pressure bro. SC uses and even check rear old tyres air pressure for us. Tyre shine applied on all 4 tyres and voila go to office to pay. Credit Card no charge.
Then when everything settled, we were on our way and started to reverse out. A worker came and stop traffic for us to reverse out. Bro. SC looked at me and say is it because of you or what? Why service so good one......hahahahahahaa:rofl::rofl:
Probably my connections still valid....:driver:

BTW, Thanks to bro. SC for Lunch after the above finalized.......:pepsi:

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Went to Hup Shun yesterday with bro. SC. Have not been there for ages but bro. SC already ask for tyre from there and asked me to accompany him, probably afraid after reading this thread.
We Scout around looking at the rims and tyres then only look for and ask the boss for tyres available for bro. SC car which is 195/60R15 size. Wanted something cheap so he recommended Achilles Platinum which I rejected then he recommend Achilles ATR Sports. After looking at the tyres and thread design bro. SC fell in love with it...ha! ha! Asked for price and was quoted RM185 per pc. which was quoted at RM200 over the phone, so bro. SC said okay.
Car drove in, two workers worked on it and guess what the tyre mounting was done by the boss himself. Two tyres just took like 15 minutes from removal, mounting, balancing and refitted. They even ask what pressure bro. SC uses and even check rear old tyres air pressure for us. Tyre shine applied on all 4 tyres and voila go to office to pay. Credit Card no charge.
Then when everything settled, we were on our way and started to reverse out. A worker came and stop traffic for us to reverse out. Bro. SC looked at me and say is it because of you or what? Why service so good one......hahahahahahaa:rofl::rofl:
Probably my connections still valid....:driver:

BTW, Thanks to bro. SC for Lunch after the above finalized.......:pepsi:
Damn good lah. Hahahaha. The boss damn freaking efficient.
Haven't seen such great energy from a worker from a long time.
There were a RS5, Golf, Civic, City, Estima... Didn't look down on me.
Or might be the possibilities of VR2 present. :laugh:
The admin is abit garang to her workers though. Lmao.
No problem bro. U help me ma.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damn good lah. Hahahaha. The boss damn freaking efficient.
Haven't seen such great energy from a worker from a long time.
There were a RS5, Golf, Civic, City, Estima... Didn't look down on me.
Or might be the possibilities of VR2 present. :laugh:
The admin is abit garang to her workers though. Lmao.
No problem bro. U help me ma.
That one not worker, but boss and you got good deal, yours done by the boss himself....:biggrin::biggrin:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
i have been going to them for 10 years now , the pricing and tyre options are better compared to most shops
although when it comes to wheel alignment and balancing they do not meet my standards and i do not get it done there
I have no complaints as i only deal with the owner/boss he is actually quite a funny guy
Honestly so far no issues but i guess you have a valid reason for your complaints but as long as your tires that you purchased from them are not faulty and the reason for the your wheel vibration is not caused by them ( im saying this because you knew earlier that only on-wheel balancing will solve your probs)... don't really see a reason for us all to go bonkers over these issue .

Last edited:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bought many tyres from them 17 and 18 inch eagle f1 asymmetric 2, michelin xm2, etc and recommended many of my friends too. But honestly their service are crappy sometimes, like for example there are many workers just sitting around and when I enter, basically no one gives a fuck and I have to go looking for their workers instead of them greeting me. But for tyre price, i believe they are quite alright. And my opinion their alignment machine is not calibrated properly or just bad workmanship. Every time I buy a tyre there, ill have to redo the alignment at tek ming

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu .......
Need advise . There is 1 mechanic told me that ECU 4g91 sohc and it's gear box can used for 4g93 . Is this can be done .????? :

Coz , i'm planning to transplant 4g93 to my 1.5 wira .

Is this combination is compatible ????

:D :D :D :D :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience