B20b or B18cR??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mugen9

Known Member
hi guys....what do u think of this 2?? in terms of power and maintenance (parts)??... of coz b18cR block is more expensive..what is the price right now for B18cR?? what i mean in terms of parts is if anything happen to the block...the billet..rod...piston....is it hard to find?? and which one is more reliable??

need your opinion especially for those who r using it right now...

one more think....time has come to change the clutch plate....other than original
honda plate...what about trinity??...price for b16a big v??...where to buy??
hows the performance??

TQ and really appreciate it.... :)

go for B18CR....changed the performance forged piston...or the cheaper CTR piston...then adjustable cam pulley..high performance camshaft stage 1...2....or 3...then valve spring and retainer...jun, toda, crower etc.....surely gain torque and horsepower.....all above is just matter of RM or kepala agong

thanks for your reply guys...i'm not going to mode to be MONSTER...like zero4 or little_monster...just adding more torque at low end....let say for b20b block,
is it good enough to use standard (84mm) piston?? reliable??...i know that it is not H/Compression piston...but some said it could 'tahan' rev up to 8k...or your block will kaboom....is it true?? few of my friend who r using b20b block said no problem up to 8k rev....pening.... :unsure:

no need to change laaa your block....B20 if not in proper setting surely kaput...kaboommm tebaboooo.....1.6cc to 2.0cc musti laju maaaaaaaaa....but not adviseable rev up more than 8k rpm

....just play around your cam (better racing cam la), campulley and setting ecu...surely can tapau .....

if i have money, i'll do b18cR...if then change parts, can still sell those original parts at good price....but that's just me ler....how muchee for b18cR nowadays ah?...last time i heard N1 costs rm15k.....

Wow jilo4 car monster kah? Have to see that car one day :P

B18CR la......

Superb low end n mid range........ slightly below par in terms of torque compared to a B20B.....

on top of tt dun hav to worry bout rojak the internal components..... plenty of after market parts oso if oem dun hav..... ;)

Originally posted by SA6YEuro@Jan 28 2005, 19:11
B18CR la......

Superb low end n mid range........ slightly below par in terms of torque compared to a B20B.....

on top of tt dun hav to worry bout rojak the internal components..... plenty of after market parts oso if oem dun hav..... ;)
for me.. i will go for b18cr too.. don need to worry to much in term of parts failure right dude?

Originally posted by KrAyven+Jan 28 2005, 19:43 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KrAyven @ Jan 28 2005, 19:43 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SA6YEuro@Jan 28 2005, 19:11
B18CR la......

for me.. i will go for b18cr too.. don need to worry to much in term of parts failure right dude? [/b][/quote]
yup.... 1 of my fav engines besides the F20C.....

I running on B20b right... Mine is with a small piston 84.5mm... But if I have a choise I wud settle for B18CR.. U can rev that engine to glory and need not have to worry about egine kepow!! But I just love the torque man..

Originally posted by GTI4740@Jan 28 2005, 20:58
I running on B20b right... Mine is with a small piston 84.5mm... But if I have a choise I wud settle for B18CR.. U can rev that engine to glory and need not have to worry about egine kepow!! But I just love the torque man..
i oso agreed! for me , I will go for B18CR!!

i'll go for b20b and change to 86 piston k20a...the different should be amazing to tell..but cant use the car for daily basis la...if u wanna drive the car everyday,then u should take b18c r

b18cr or b20b?

it depends on what you want really, purely dragging - sacrificing daily driving, mild power high reving and reliable engine? we have 1 2.0 litre that is reliable and suitable for daily driving, even high reving, it all depends on how you tune it. If you want to compare the both, b18cr will give you more reliablility over 2.0. but if you want to go fast, b20b is the better way to go.

Originally posted by Spoon)))@Jan 29 2005, 11:45
i'll go for b20b and change to 86 piston k20a...the different should be amazing to tell..but cant use the car for daily basis la...if u wanna drive the car everyday,then u should take b18c r
y cant use for daily driven?
heard sumone with the setup and running on it for quite a time now..
but surely cant rev-high-heavens all the time la..
and its not a high rev engine after all compared to other b-gangs..
but still.........daily driven cars...

management is the key tho if u goin for xtreme setup..
just my 2 cents..

anyone have tested or experience b18c and b20b side by side??

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom