B18C in putra??

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yea yea....its true true......all are fast cars.
Only depends on which is faster on what conditions.
But man, if i've that saga for 13 years as my toy car, most probably would turbo charge it; cams, pistons........undercarriage, absorbers, springs....make it a mean machine on tracks and on streets d.
wouldn't u?? Any pics on the saga?

Spoon)))

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
jb subang jaya
Visit site
Danny101 said:
bro, dun get spiderslr wrong coz when he said it was fast he meant 13 years ago of course now its different d, 1.6 vtec is not 1.6 vtec already no more if u get wat i mean. btw i was dat chinese who own the saga then befofe selling it off and got other cars, a dc2 then an ek, my 2 liter ek whack mild modded evo 6 in quarter mile drag and i still think its not fast enuff so wat do u mean by fast enough...........of course money matter the most now ler!!

salute to u danny101....

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
b00n said:
niceputera......7 cars...wow!!
wat is inside your car.................but imagine he transplanted the engine 13 yrs ago. Would the saga still be modded sommoe or still with the original specs.....that's the biggest question.
For me, if i'm still with the saga for 13 years, I think I would probably add in many performance part and enter drag or track race d. 13 years is a long time try and imagine what can be installed inside the saga in 13 years........alot of enhancement can be done.
Cmmon lar,,vtec is not that "untouchable". This thing is normal, even modded 4g91 can beat vtec b18c, it all depends on the mechanic larr:regular_smile:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Danny101 said:
bro, my toyota seg with picture of engine shown in my avatar also whack street evo and wrx sti in sic.........so can i say dat evo 7 and sti 7 is also not fast? no way rite those are all 280hp cars u know its just dat they lose out at corners only not the straights so tell me now wat is fast and wat is not........hahahah!
Danny,,you beat EVO & Sti was bcoz your driving skill:regular_smile: Niceputra mention about sprinting,,that's the different. I think what he meant was with the "right" mods, even putra can tarpau VTEC kaw-kaw. Im not surprise though.

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Danny101,

As I've mentioned "For Ipoh std, it is quite fast, but in KL the power is ordinary".

I think u might agree, Ipoh does not has the modification level enjoyed by people in KL or JB. It's quite slow in Ipoh. That is the comparison level by what I meant by fast but not dmmm fast.

A fully blown 2.0 vtec with superlight ek body is known to consistently score 12 sec bracket time. A mild moded Evo 6 that has heavier body will also score around the same figure. It's no surprise that ur vtec can beat that evo.

But have u ever heard of any '93 that can break 12 sec time? I've not came accross one. Even to see a 13 sec '93 also very diff. But for vtec 13 sec is a norm, 12sec is fast. So for a '93 that can go 13 sec in 400m range with full weight and still not fully modified is considered fast to me. I think u got the point now.

Rgds.

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
V8_nutter said:
Danny,,you beat EVO & Sti was bcoz your driving skill:regular_smile: Niceputra mention about sprinting,,that's the different. I think what he meant was with the "right" mods, even putra can tarpau VTEC kaw-kaw. Im not surprise though.
Yes, exactly.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
niceputera said:
Danny101,

As I've mentioned "For Ipoh std, it is quite fast, but in KL the power is ordinary".

I think u might agree, Ipoh does not has the modification level enjoyed by people in KL or JB. It's quite slow in Ipoh. That is the comparison level by what I meant by fast but not dmmm fast.

A fully blown 2.0 vtec with superlight ek body is known to consistently score 12 sec bracket time. A mild moded Evo 6 that has heavier body will also score around the same figure. It's no surprise that ur vtec can beat that evo.

But have u ever heard of any '93 that can break 12 sec time? I've not came accross one. Even to see a 13 sec '93 also very diff. But for vtec 13 sec is a norm, 12sec is fast. So for a '93 that can go 13 sec in 400m range with full weight and still not fully modified is considered fast to me. I think u got the point now.

Rgds.
I think you get the facts wrong lar,,,it's not easy for VTEC to clock 13sec. I seen most B20 clocked 13sec ++ which i think not impressive:mouth_closed: Bear in mind that stock "k20 type r" is only 14.8sec you know:regular_smile:, in stock form VTEC is awesome, in mods form,,,,any engine can be fast.

The reason ppl can built fast VTEC is bcoz thier upgradeable. Lots of performance parts larr !! Got stroker, special crank, lightweight parts, special cams, they even has custom blocks you know !! All we need to do is mix and match only larr,,,and of course lil bit of tuning.

Last edited:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
V8_nutter,
I'm not trying to stress that VTEC is untouchable. (not going to touch on VTEC vs other engine issue - sensitive and too many unwanted remarks later)
I'm stressing that over the 13 years period, any car can be modded to the max. I'm saying since the car got VTEC transplanted, it's easier.
Any car that has the engine transplanted (1st additional step) and modded over the 13 years......u imagine urself. Sayang is that the owner didn't do any more mods.

This is what I quoted:
b00n said:
yea yea....its true true......all are fast cars.
Only depends on which is faster on what conditions.
But man, if i've that saga for 13 years as my toy car, most probably would turbo charge it; cams, pistons........undercarriage, absorbers, springs....make it a mean machine on tracks and on streets d.
wouldn't u??
Obviously I wouldn't say that stock engine cannot be mod kaw kaw lar.

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
V8_nutter said:
I think you get the facts wrong lar,,,it's not easy for VTEC to clock 13sec. I seen most B20 clocked 13sec ++ which i think not impressive:mouth_closed: Bear in mind that stock "k20 type r" is only 14.8sec you know:regular_smile:, in stock form VTEC is awesome, in mods form,,,,any engine can be fast.

I'm referring the SIC drag race where the vtec contenders are very strong thus 13 sec is consider not fast enough and 12 sec is fast. Of course in std form they're not into the 13 sec bracket.

Spoon)))

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
jb subang jaya
Visit site
like myself..im changing from vtec to "93..hehehe..had some fun driving vtec..had b16a at first then change to b18c gsr then change to b20b lastly change back to stock b16a..then i sold the car to my friend..out of cash to maintain..now driving putra wit stock 93'..easier and cheaper spare parts..

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
niceputera said:
Danny101,

Rgds.
niceputera, danny's EK was a street EK wif full interior and its not even full blown yet.......i think his point is, there's no such thing as 'fast enuff' for some ppl.....the desire, urge and passion to go faster will always be there n it'll probably b an endless pursuit to it.......

btw, if u talk bout 'technologies' and technical expertise to mod jap exotics like the RB26s, supra's, vtec k-series' etc, i admit ipoh is still not quite there yet.....but in terms of modding the common cars like 4G9*'s, Vtecs and even 4AGE 20v, i belief Ipoh is not tat far off as u've said.....cheerzzz.... =)

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
i agreed. since all these engines have been around for ages d & its d obsolete in japan thus the room for improvement d reached the ceiling.

ceedy86

Apr 18, 2006
if i buy an eg and wanna put b18c inside it, how much does it cost?? include halfcut+labour. Any sifu on this thing??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi!was wondering if any1 got solution for me..
anyway, im driving iswara and i plan to upgrade to a 195/50/15 rims, i was told its quite heavy, becoz i dont have power steering..
is it recommended to chg just to a 185/50/15 or 185/60/14 rims?
will it be very heavy if i take the 15" rims, what a bout stress on the suspension?
Thanks!!

Cheers
Peter
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience