B18C in putra??

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
but it needs lots of money to modd 4g93.. if wanna play vetec juz trade in an eg la..

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
I know waja can fit lar......but wira dun think so lar....
need to widen the interior of ur engine compartment....
My wira with 6A10 (1.6 V6) already so compact d.....

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
spyderslr said:
yeah man....the legendary saga vtec......tat was 13 years ago....bak then, u dump in any engine oso JPJ will approve i guess....hahahaha....now i think quite impossible d.......
Quite fast but not damm fast. It's only the superior b16a and power to weight ratio that make it quite fast. For Ipoh std, it is quite fast, but in KL the power is ordinary. But good imaginative by the mechanic.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
errmmm, i nvr say its DAMN FAST...it is fast no doubt, 160bhp engine on a <1 tonne car.....but 13 years ago, u can roughly imagine what sort of competition it'll have...haha...so its no surprising tat the rumours continue's till today saying its Damn Fast......cheerzz =).....

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
spyderslr said:
errmmm, i nvr say its DAMN FAST...it is fast no doubt, 160bhp engine on a <1 tonne car.....but 13 years ago, u can roughly imagine what sort of competition it'll have...haha...so its no surprising tat the rumours continue's till today saying its Damn Fast......cheerzz =).....
Yes, not qouted by u, acctually by gsrTurbo9166. Sorry for the mistake :regular_smile: . 13 years ago is quite a long time. Are u sure coz I just ran with the saga around last 2 years. I should be the same saga coz the history story is the same - chinese owner to malay owner story. The malay oner is a mechanic himself if I'm not mistaken.

Spoon)))

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
jb subang jaya
Visit site
niceputera said:
Yes, not qouted by u, acctually by gsrTurbo9166. Sorry for the mistake :regular_smile: . 13 years ago is quite a long time. Are u sure coz I just ran with the saga around last 2 years. I should be the same saga coz the history story is the same - chinese owner to malay owner story. The malay oner is a mechanic himself if I'm not mistaken.

so what was the result ???mind sharing wit us??

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
its alrite mate....haha....maybe gsrTurbo9166 is referring to the current saga vtec....i'm not sure what it has turn to now neither do i know who owns it now.......but 13 years ago, it was a chinese owner n i'm very very sure bout tat.....he had the car for bout 2-3 years b4 he sold it off to someone.....yes 13 years ago is quite a long time.......imagine those days where Vtec is still quite unheard of to most ppl n it found its way into a saga.....*salute* ....

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Spoon))) said:
so what was the result ???mind sharing wit us??
I won by 7 cars margin in 300m match . Don't get me wrong. I know him (eventhough not very close because I went back to Ipoh once a month only and seldom hang around with them) through a friend. It was a friendly match by his request. By comparison, he can smoke std Sgti with a margin at least 2 cars length. The saga is fast but still has much room to improve. It's the money that matter.

It should be the same saga. The history and the age of the car itself do suit the picture. It still run strong nowdays. Vtec realibility is very high. :regular_smile:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Im not surprised if modified putra can beat VTEC, it's a norm. In seremban i saw 1 match between daihatsu aura and ek b16b which aura won. Hmm technology is getting advance every day.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
niceputera......7 cars...wow!!
wat is inside your car.................but imagine he transplanted the engine 13 yrs ago. Would the saga still be modded sommoe or still with the original specs.....that's the biggest question.
For me, if i'm still with the saga for 13 years, I think I would probably add in many performance part and enter drag or track race d. 13 years is a long time try and imagine what can be installed inside the saga in 13 years........alot of enhancement can be done.

Danny101

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
niceputera said:
I won by 7 cars margin in 300m match . Don't get me wrong. I know him (eventhough not very close because I went back to Ipoh once a month only and seldom hang around with them) through a friend. It was a friendly match by his request. By comparison, he can smoke std Sgti with a margin at least 2 cars length. The saga is fast but still has much room to improve. It's the money that matter.

It should be the same saga. The history and the age of the car itself do suit the picture. It still run strong nowdays. Vtec realibility is very high. :regular_smile:
bro, dun get spiderslr wrong coz when he said it was fast he meant 13 years ago of course now its different d, 1.6 vtec is not 1.6 vtec already no more if u get wat i mean. btw i was dat chinese who own the saga then befofe selling it off and got other cars, a dc2 then an ek, my 2 liter ek whack mild modded evo 6 in quarter mile drag and i still think its not fast enuff so wat do u mean by fast enough...........of course money matter the most now ler!!

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
but seems that the saga didn't go though drastic changes since than (13 years ago).
U saved for 1 year doing 1 drastic mod; for 10 years, wow.......i can't imagine the moster that would turn out to be ler...
kekekekeke

Danny101

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
bro, my toyota seg with picture of engine shown in my avatar also whack street evo and wrx sti in sic.........so can i say dat evo 7 and sti 7 is also not fast? no way rite those are all 280hp cars u know its just dat they lose out at corners only not the straights so tell me now wat is fast and wat is not........hahahah!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I finally got the car from my mom which is a 1999 mitsubishi lancer

The car is standard as you can imagine and i'm now looking to mod it.

The car is using the 4g15 block with the 4g13 head. Its also automatic and fails to reach 120kph.

I can't do an engine swap or convert to manual as i'm on a tight budget.

What are some mods that i can do to get the most from this engine?

Hope i posted in the correct section
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience