b16a halfcut manual plus installation..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
The Japan GPS system in EK needs CD to work as far as I know.. I wonder if someone tried what happened if they put in the CD and tried out the GPS system..

What would it show? A dot in the sea? (since the map is probably limited to japan islands, I assume the rest of the area would be programmed as the sea.

Just curious.

ballaq

Nov 19, 2005
wa....albani also want convert...how bout ur car now??have sent ur car to farouk??what engine r u looking for??//b16 or b18....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
sorry kacau here but one of my engine's carb die liau so giving me lots of probs...i asked my mech n he said 1 auto eg9 b16a will cost me 6k...last i heard oni bout 4500 rite?price really jump up so high ar?anybody got lubang for halfcut in mlk?

Civic

Known Member
Feb 20, 2005
Visit site
hattech-v said:
ek hakfat normally around 6-6.5K for SGDM, 7-7.5K for JDM EK4, EG shud be around 5-6K.
Hey hattech-v, you sure SGDM is around 6-6.5? becoz what i found from one H/C shop selling at 7-7.2 la. Is it becoz is Kl market price? Btw, what about the price of eg H/C??? :_:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Civic said:
Hey hattech-v, you sure SGDM is around 6-6.5? becoz what i found from one H/C shop selling at 7-7.2 la. Is it becoz is Kl market price? Btw, what about the price of eg H/C??? :_:
I got mine for 5.8K.. search around... there's bound to be vast difference in prices.

Almost bought mine in KL (so I could do porting and balancing at one go), but the after comparing prices, decided not to.

Civic

Known Member
Feb 20, 2005
Visit site
shiroitenshi said:
I got mine for 5.8K.. search around... there's bound to be vast difference in prices.

Almost bought mine in KL (so I could do porting and balancing at one go), but the after comparing prices, decided not to.
Bro, that's mean you bought ur eg h/c at 5.8 plus is it plus installation? And can this eg h/c fit into an ek ? Btw, Normally it will cost how much for installation ?:emoticon_U:

albukh

Known Member
Sep 14, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
shiroitenshi said:
The Japan GPS system in EK needs CD to work as far as I know.. I wonder if someone tried what happened if they put in the CD and tried out the GPS system..

What would it show? A dot in the sea? (since the map is probably limited to japan islands, I assume the rest of the area would be programmed as the sea.

Just curious.
if not mistaken the GPS system can be converted to DVD/CD player....u juz need to change the inside part and put the converter inside....my friend hav done 1 in his friend's car...not sure whether it's really works onot:Not_Impressed: ...not seen yet...:mouth_closed: ...anyway if interested...u guyzzz can ask around

1/2 cent! :embaressed_smile:

albukh

Known Member
Sep 14, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
arturo said:
sorry kacau here but one of my engine's carb die liau so giving me lots of probs...i asked my mech n he said 1 auto eg9 b16a will cost me 6k...last i heard oni bout 4500 rite?price really jump up so high ar?anybody got lubang for halfcut in mlk?
i've got mine eg9 auto h/cut at around 4.2k c/wif lsd g/box...plus installation...changed the wear & tear parts...sprayed engine bay...all cost me near to 7k....installation period 1 month....ask them to do slowly...1 more thing u can consider buying good engine... see after u install the h/cut...when start engine...u can see water dripping from the exzos tip...that's what my foremen told me....

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Civic said:
Bro, that's mean you bought ur eg h/c at 5.8 plus is it plus installation? And can this eg h/c fit into an ek ? Btw, Normally it will cost how much for installation ?:emoticon_U:
No.. halfcut only..

Installation costs vary from shop to shop... mine is 1.5K, since I did other stuff as well.. not sure how much for transplant alone.

Opps.. 5.5K, typo!

Last edited:

edy7311

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
albukh said:
if not mistaken the GPS system can be converted to DVD/CD player....u juz need to change the inside part and put the converter inside....my friend hav done 1 in his friend's car...
updated here pls, if u know more detail on it. i also wan to convert lah..!

thanks

Last edited:

madrick

Known Member
Aug 19, 2005
Gombakrians
I heard that if u want to use b16a from eg to ek u must change all the mounting cause the eg mounting is not the same and heard that need a lot of work and $$$ for installation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Skylines has always been one of my passions. The look of the car, the engine as well as the whole experience of it just gave me an indescribable feeling of excitement. I'm sure many share the same feeling to Skylines especially the GT-Rs. I'm blessed on having a BNR32 as my weekend driver but it does not compare to a friend who not only have a similar BNR32, but with a slightly different engine under the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience