auto transmission auto/power button blinking

gus

May 19, 2007
Hey guys,

Not sure anyone of you experienced this or not but my auto/power button at the transmission gear starts blinking whenever I start my car but after 10s, its gone like normal.

Went back to the Nissan agent here and was told that the speed sensor was faulty. The 3000cc cefiro speed sensor is built in to the speedometer and needs to replace the whole speedometer. The 2000cc one is installed separately and less expensive too.

FInally after 5 long weeks of ordering, the speedometer arrived and installed. Still the same story and call them back. They say probably need to reset.

ANyone experience the same problem? Btw, the cefiro club is cool but lately seems to be a bit quiet.

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
For both 2.0 and 3.0 The vehicle speed sensor is installed in the transaxle(Check on your gearbox near the firewall side ). It contains a pulse generator which provides a vehicle speed signal to the speedometer. The speedometer then send a signal to the ECM.

Diagnostic trouble code no. P0500 0104
Malfuntion is detected when,
The almost 0km/h signal from the vehicle speed sensor is sent to ECM even the vehicle is driving.

Check item (possible Cause )
1.Harness or connector (The vehicle speed sensor circuit is open or shorted )
2.Vehicle speed sensor.

There is other thing can cause the OD OFF light blinking, can you record down the pattern of flicker ? It 10-judgement flicker, if your speed sensor is faulty the 2nd judgemant flicker is longer than others.

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Do you mean the Power/Auto/Snow button ? Or the OD Off light on Speedometer ?

gus

May 19, 2007
Its the auto/power button, sometimes called the auto/snow button. I will bring it back tomorrow and get them to reset. Maybe the alarm is those latching type. If it doesnt work, then maybe A329878 might be right and not the speedometer problem. They actually run a diagnostic and it says vehicle speed sensor meter faulty.

I hope that none of the bros here are suffering the same. Expensive experience man. Half my pay gone for the speedometer.

Any bros here having projector lamps for their A33? I saw a few on the internet but then some dun ship internationally and also can't read chinese or Japanese. Any sold in Malaysia so that I can just buy it off the shelf?

gus

May 19, 2007
Problem fixed liao. After 2 months of waiting for parts and sending back to the agent many time, no problems so far. After replacing the speedometer, the problem still exists. They say they need to reset it, after reset same old story. FInally they say they check all connections and run it a couple of times, no more problem. Hopefully the problem doesnt surface anymore.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
so the problem was just the connector from the speedo or from the power switch?

gus

May 19, 2007
From the diagnostic from some handheld, it shows that my speedometer speed sensor is faulty. Have it changed and the handheld didnt show anything anymore but then the light still blinking. Left the car for a few days, and it was okay. They say it shouldnt be any problem and they check the connections too. So I am not sure which is the culprit, maybe both happening at the same time

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Welcoming enrolment since January 2016, Young Aces Technical College (YATC) officially launched its vocational learning centre today. The launching ceremony was graced by Yang Amat Mulia Tengku Syarif Temenggong Perlis, Dato’ Seri Diraja Syed Amir Abidin Jamalullail and Yang Mulia Che Puan Temenggong Perlis, Datin Seri Diraja Farinawati Datuk Mohd Din...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience