Aussie 1st Godzilla Re-paint Pink @ 28km ONLY!

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

The first Aussie-delivered R35 Skyline GT-R has undergone private testing at Sydney's Oran Park Raceway today. The white R35 has been purchased by Donut King Racing motor racer Tony Alford, CEO of Retail Food Group Limited, through importers Just Jap.com - Tomei - HKS - Trust - Apexi - JUN - CP - JJR - Sard - OS Giken - Cooling-Pro - G4 Racing - Nismo - Garrett. The car had a mere 28 kilometres on its odometer before Tony took the wheel for the first time. It's factory plastic protective wrapping can still be seen on seats and door trims.

It will be sprayed in Donut King Racing pink before its racing debut at the 2008 Targa Tasmania over April 15-20. "As long as we do better than the 32's 9th Outright at Targa then we'll be happy," Alford told an onsite representative of Express Publications' Express Media Group (EMG), Greg Conway, in relation to his existing R32 GT-R race car. Conway, Editor of Zoom Magazine , had reportedly been up in the Oran Park tower before the 35 had arrived onsite via tow truck. It was spotted while being driven slowly around the Oran Park complex. With Alford at today's first-ever test drive was Just Jap's Darron Corrigan. Corrigan, Alford and fellow racer Peter Leemhuis are pictured trying to fathom all of the onboard electronics.

Also there to test was former V8 Supercar privateer and Donut King Racing team member Mal Rose. Rose, Leemhuis and Alford were former Team Mirage Australia teammates, racing Mistubishi Mirages in events like the Bathurst 24Hour at Mt. Panorama.

"I'd rather be racing that than this," Rose quipped, pointing to his 08 season V8, also white in colour. "But gee he's adapted to it pretty quickly," he added of Alford's laps.
"It was a bit jumpy over the ripples so it'll need a bit of setting up in the front end," Alford told Corrigan. Corrigan's boss, justjap owner Steve Thatcher, is reportedly the man who "made it all happen".
"My R32 Skyline is prepared by justjap," Alford confirmed. "This one was brought in a week before Christmas. Straight away I can say it is less laggy than the 32."
Corrigan told EMG that it will be "a couple of months" before the car is all sorted for Targa. Possible suspension and exhaust mods will precede its tarmac rally debut.

lapsap25

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
ugly colour

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
the color seems ok with me.only the sticker scheme is not at the right places.
that's why it look ugly.

mickeysew814

Known Member
Apr 15, 2006
omg!!! donut king!!! wth!!! it's a GTR.. not a donut car!!!

bOi-R

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
what to do.. its thier trademark colour. Like i or not.. its probably the fastest pink thing on the road.. lol

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Wonder how well it will do at Targa considering the tight and windy roads .... The 35 is such a fat fat car to lug around the twisty and windy road of Targa Tasmania though ....

Jeffsim1976

Dec 19, 2006
what a disgrace!!! thats an insult to GTR!!! that aussie must be nuts!!!GTR is GODZILLA!!! not some stupid donut car!!! aussie are nuts!

bOi-R

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
Wonder how well it will do at Targa considering the tight and windy roads .... The 35 is such a fat fat car to lug around the twisty and windy road of Targa Tasmania though ....
Probably turns out as a R32 after the targa...:rofl:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
what a disgrace!!! thats an insult to GTR!!! that aussie must be nuts!!!GTR is GODZILLA!!! not some stupid donut car!!! aussie are nuts!
It would not be a GTR if you don't have the right sponsors ... Mind you, the event for Targa Tasmania is not cheap either. Last I heard, to enter (that was many years back) was something like 10k AUD, and that's not including support. If you don't have such support, you might as well be driving your '86 Ford ute at the event. It's all about money in motorsport and if Carefree, Freedom or Mummy-Poko has enough money to sponsor, I am sure you'll see a Wu-Shi-Po or Pampers GTR too :hmmmm: Hahahahaha ....

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Probably turns out as a R32 after the targa...:rofl:
I knew at one stage, there were two 33-GTR entered for the event ... back in 1998 or thereabout. They were either V-spec or N1. The company I worked with then supplied 2 identical sets of custom Bilstein to both the cars. One came back winning many of the stages, and another almost wanted the shove the shocks up our arse. Hahahaha .... It also comes down to the drivers too. For what we see, even the 33 is kinda huge (actually long) for some of the roads there. Unless they have changed the course since :hmmmm:

For what I know, the GTR (maybe with exception to the 32) were never suited for targa type rally. They are made for circuit-like (Sepang, Nur etc). I am sure you'll see some of the smaller 2-liters turbo or variable cams do well there (at least on their own league).

Eevolution3

Known Member
Aug 15, 2004
REad a local aussie mag some time back there there was a fella running a V spec II Nur GTR 34 if im not mistaken somewhere around the 2004 - 2006 period whereby he won the Targa Tassie race beating down porsches and the like...Jim Richards was driving a GT3 (rear wheel driven) and lost time in the last sector where the unpredictable weather suddenly turned sour giving the 4 wheel driven Godzilla 34 the advantage and thus the overall honours...:burnout: Legend lives on!..