Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

Audi A4 1.8 Turbo CBU Manual

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Direct imported unit from Germany, first batch of 1.8 Turbo with all black interior.

MODIFICATIONS
Turbo changed to K04 (More reliable)
Samco intake and turbo hoses (More reliable)
17" Mille Miglia Rims with spacer offset (Better handling)
225/40/R17 (F) 235/45/R17 (R)
Newly fitted Continental Run Flats on all 4 (Late 2010)
Newly wrapped black leather with red stitching (May 2011)
New absorbers front and back (less than a year)
Engine complete top and bottom overhaul done at 150k
Timing belt changed at 170k
Full set of new air cond fitted at 160k
Nice 4300k non-glaring HIDs fitted to the projector headlamps at 160k
Mechanically superb. No trembles at idling.
Paint condition very good
All electronics working very well.

MOST IMPORTANT PART
All Audi A4s of the B5 and B5.5 generation have problems with either the 4-speed or 5-speed ZF automatic transmission that costs around RM8,000 to rebuild, which after rebuilding will only last around 1 or 2 years.

Rebuild auto gearbox twice. After swapping to manual, happier than ever.

50 liters can travel 480-550km (Depending on mood)

PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR
1. This car is not accident free (If you believe everyone else), a small accident cost me a new bumper and dented the passenger door. Chassis was not harmed though.
2. Driver airbag needs wiring work.

Location at Taman Desa Old Klang Road KL.

Please read description before asking stupid questions. No time wasters
please. No negotiation. No cheap skates. No low ballers, tyre kickers. Call
please, no SMSes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damn, this a gem. You really selling it off? You've had it for a looong time right hahah.

Unless youre getting a B6 manual, I urge you to reconsider. :biggrin:

B5 and B6 are still the ultimate classic Audi compact saloons IMO... the new ones are... err...

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
A few more pics. This is a shoot I did a week ago, was selling the A4 at RM28k back then (market value), then as we finished the shoot, the A4's front, right drive shaft met its calling when we hit a pothole (the 4th most common thing in m'sia after malay, chinese and indian). After that, the drive shafts emits noise and the steering trembles. So I ordered a new drive shaft, costing roughly RM1,500; and decided to give a RM6k discount to RM22k for saving me the hassle. The owner can pick it up and fix it himself.

To add, my fuel mileage was achieved with the spare tyres left at home since I've changed to runflats. (Anyone can count for the past 10 years, how many times you've experienced a puncture? And how many liters of fuel you've wasted carrying that lump of heavy donut at the back?)

Lastly, the new owner would also get this list of items from me:

1. Haynes Audi A4 B5 Service Manual
2. New Audi Keychain (Super nice, I bought specifically at Euromobil for the new owner)
3. New Audi Shirt
4. New Audi Card holder

These are the stuffs I placed within my car, so if it so happens that some rempit broke in and steal them away, I will not consider that as something of a bargain to renegotiate the price.

I'm hoping to sell to someone who would take good care of this car, so if you're actually considering this because of the price, stay away. Like I mentioned earlier, what if the left drive shaft met it's lifetime? Can you afford another RM1,500 to fix it? Maybe RM2k+ since unlike me, I know them suppliers very well.

Tips:

Engine oil change - Expect around RM170, semi is enough. I don't follow service intervals, I check them, if they're dark, I'll just change straight away.
Gearbox - It's manual, service it in another 30,000 if you want, if you don't it'll still work
Brake pads - Just changed, no worries
Discs - Still usable for another good 20,000 if you're like me, a cruising type of person
Timing Belt - Need not worry for another 30,000 at least (Do not believe official claim of 100,000km, do them around 50-60)
Do pump Ron97 once in a while - It is better.

I'm not sure why, but I prefer Esso's Ron95, haven't tried Petronas' new 95, AVOID Shell's though, significant reduction in mileage and it affects the engine idling more. That's it. (P.S. I will buy another B5 back in a few years time, hopefully an RS4. :)

Enjoy the pics. Cheers.

Engine full overhaul

The old pistons, all four thrown away.. sigh should've used them for trophies

The automatic ZF tranny = RUBBISH

---------- Post added 05-18-2011 at 01:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 05-17-2011 at 11:08 PM ----------

Uploaded with more photos and more info

prototype_x0

Sep 15, 2007
nice car bro

if only i have the moolah right now, i would grab this machine

just curious, where could i get the audi spare part? from euromobil?

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
No lah... parts for A4 B5 is plenty, everywhere. There are certain famous shops where we order our parts. chop shops also stock plenty of them ..

satriagtiturbo

Known Member
May 10, 2005
space
your car is sooooo tempting...but i already have too cars at the moment..if my car is sold i will consider yes definately.

Bump for a very nice car!

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
thanks guys. a guy currently paid depo for it and proceeding with loan. but i'm skeptical with loan for a 97 year car tho. good luck to him (and mua?)

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
ah shucks... if only u had this car for sale 4 mths down the road... would've been so interested. curious as to how pricey is this car to maintain? I hate it when people say "you want to drive euro you have to pay for it lah"... I mean I can understand slightly higher prices compared to proton, but there should be no difference from say a suzuki swift.

Is this a quattro or...?

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Hi guys, apologies for the late reply.

Maintenance:

Certain parts are more expensive, some of them cheaper. Let's see:

1. Parts availability is not an issue for this A4, reason being there's so many of them on the streets compared to the B6 model.
2. It's been in the market for many years, so it's never a case not being able to find anyone who knew how to fix it. Anyshop is ok, it's considered slightly old tech already.
3. Wear and tear parts are cheap and easy to find. Not exactly Proton/Perodua cheap, but at least comparable to someone who drives a Vios.
4. Reliability, I wouldn't compare it to a Toyota, as that would be lying. But then the car only died halfway ever once, 7 years back, the second day when i got the car, i went up to 160km/h and the heater pipes came off. Cost me RM45 to fix, remove the heater routing, the car never broke down on me till this day.
5. The automatic gearbox of this model is crap, the turbo is considered much much better than the 1.8, or supercharge whatever (since some believe people are actually dumb enough to believe there's a supercharged audi a4 b5). Still, if you're aiming for an A4 B5, whatever the seller says on his gearbox, just take it this way, I guarantee you'll need an overhaul within 3 years, which will cost you RM8,000 (if the guy overhauled before he sold it to you). I only did change engine oil and the usual station refuel after swapping to manual.
6. Some costly components where most people buy from chop shop is slightly more expensive than they used to be, because the prices of this car has dropped so low, demand for them going up (this is as told by chop shop guys, dont quote me)
7. My car never had any electrical failure, only the starter failed once.
8. Anyway, don't buy this if you only have RM20k or RM30k and without a salary of more than RM3000. (Provided you're only 17 yrs old)

LASTLY, I'm just explaining at best I could, because I liked this car a lot and would like to help people's who're buying/selling this car (provided they're honest), I know the folks at club audi malaysia well, will help whichever way i could.

And I'm not selling, since this car is already SOLD. :)

Regards people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience