ATF level for A32 3.0L

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi guys I got a question. A32 manual says to check ATF with engine on. So here is the question. Cold engine start and check ATF on the cold range, the level shown is LOW. When heated up then check on the hot level the ATF level is HIGH as the fluid expands when its hot.

So if you fill ATF to MID or HIGH level on the cold range, when the ATF is hot it is over the HOT range which means overfill.

So which is the best level to fill at?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
The gauge is very hard to see. Really have to guess. Ask the mechanic to check is better.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
From what I have asked around most people say that its better to have it filled:

Cold = Low. Then have it expand to Hot = Max

Instead of Cold = Middle or High. Then have it expand to Hot = overfill.

For those who DIY remember or A32 ATF is checked with engine ON in "P" not engine off.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
12savefuel said:
From what I have asked around most people say that its better to have it filled:

Cold = Low. Then have it expand to Hot = Max

Instead of Cold = Middle or High. Then have it expand to Hot = overfill.

For those who DIY remember or A32 ATF is checked with engine ON in "P" not engine off.
I was inform to put into "N" instead of "P". Can anyone confirm?

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Manual say to put in "P" then stop at each gear all the way to "1" then all the way back up to "P" again then check.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
A32 cefiro ATF level is checked with engine running! Not like other car which is engine off.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,
i'm a newbie in this forum...
asking all sifu where can i get this mild cams for my waja 1.6M which are mild modded? how about their reliability? price? brand?
tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience