ATF from UMW

Ayecaramba

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I would like to ask about UMW's ATF. Yes, they do package their own ATF. I frequent a nearby spare parts shop near my housing area when I need parts for my perdana v6. Right just now, he persuaded me to buy UMW's Versyntile Extr4 atf for my car. Then I sent it to my mechanic, he said he isn't quite sure about it being good. Now I'm in a state of confusion because I bought this particular atf and I'm not sure if I can use it.

The box states that it is suitable for cars that use Toyota type 4 as well as Mitsubishi sp3. How? Should I just go on with it? I simply can't find diaqueen sp3 and I've got no time to go to Shah Alam to get pennzoil or repsol. My car is in the workshop and I need the atf by this week. :(

See attached picture of the atf.

Attachments

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I would like to ask about UMW's ATF. Yes, they do package their own ATF. I frequent a nearby spare parts shop near my housing area when I need parts for my perdana v6. Right just now, he persuaded me to buy UMW's Versyntile Extr4 atf for my car. Then I sent it to my mechanic, he said he isn't quite sure about it being good. Now I'm in a state of confusion because I bought this particular atf and I'm not sure if I can use it.

The box states that it is suitable for cars that use Toyota type 4 as well as Mitsubishi sp3. How? Should I just go on with it? I simply can't find diaqueen sp3 and I've got no time to go to Shah Alam to get pennzoil or repsol. My car is in the workshop and I need the atf by this week. :(

See attached picture of the atf.
Normal SP III cannot use? If it says okay, then its okay lah.
Btw, many parts shop have diaqueen.

Ayecaramba

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My mechanic doesn't sell diaqueen tho. :( I need it by tmr latest some more. What to do? And I wasted my money buying this also. Rm85 for that. Mine supposed to be sp3 and the bottle stated I can use since mine is specifically made for sp3. Thing is, the oil is also compatible with Toyota type t to t4 and I know these types don't go along together in any car. Why is this atf a sudden all rounder. Suitable for dexron some more. Hmmmm. I use first then if gb kong, complain to UMW.

But my heart can't decide. Ahhhhhh. Should I just go for it? Would u if u were me? Don't worry, I won't sue you. Hahaha

tkw60

Jun 27, 2010
PERAK
friend i think u better call them. here is thier address
UMW Holdings Bhd.
Jalan Utas 15/7, 40915 Shah Alam, Selangor Malaysia.
Tel : (603) 5163 5000 Fax : (603) 55193981 / 55128208

or email them [email protected]

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
just check with them if they indeed manufacture this ATF.
i know that UMW Pennzoil manufactures Pennzoil lubricants there.
maybe they use Pennzoil recipe and got license to bottle it with a different name?

anyway, Pennzoil's ATF = Pennzoil Multi Vehicle ATF 100% Synthetic.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If the label says it's a fully syn and can support this and that, then that's what the oil can do la. Similar to the Pennzoil multi-grade atf.

I wouldn't worry about it and just use it.

Andy0625

Known Member
Aug 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
My mechanic doesn't sell diaqueen tho. :( I need it by tmr latest some more. What to do? And I wasted my money buying this also. Rm85 for that. Mine supposed to be sp3 and the bottle stated I can use since mine is specifically made for sp3. Thing is, the oil is also compatible with Toyota type t to t4 and I know these types don't go along together in any car. Why is this atf a sudden all rounder. Suitable for dexron some more. Hmmmm. I use first then if gb kong, complain to UMW.

But my heart can't decide. Ahhhhhh. Should I just go for it? Would u if u were me? Don't worry, I won't sue you. Hahaha
If you're worry to use this, sell me at discounted rate, I'll try it for you on my SP-III ride. Anyway, it's a 4 litres pack rite?

Ayecaramba

Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lol. I just used it. My experiencing loud tappeting noise. Is it normal? After overhaul with new oil, got loud tappeting noise.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Lol. I just used it. My experiencing loud tappeting noise. Is it normal? After overhaul with new oil, got loud tappeting noise.
what engine oil (EO) did u use before the overhaul?
did u notice the tappet noise?

what EO did u put in after overhaul?
the tappet noise not slow down after the engine warm up?

anyway, its normal for 6A12 engine to experience tappet noise.
it will usually slow down after the engine's warmed up.
but if u use fully syn EO, the tappet will be loud.
use semi-syn EO, it will be quiet a bit. use mineral EO the will be even quieter..

sElAmAt

Jun 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
me using penzoil atf after overhaul :biggrin:

---------- Post added 09-22-2013 at 12:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 09-21-2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

me using penzoil atf after overhaul :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there is any different between these 2 other than the Pcd ?

Any difference on rotor,caliper & pad size . etc ?

Thanks for any input
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience