As a car guy, do you people have this kind of experience?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you guys really know me then u will understand why i took 1-4weeks before deciding to buy some acc.
for performance part its lesser than that as most of them is pnp.

why that long?
Because i really want to make sure it fits as i diy install the item.
will go to the acc shop driving the pajero as the pajero keychain got the mr diy free mini measuring tape.
i will measure the item and calculate how much tolerance i allow for mod as i dont like to grind or mod original part or casing.
I think it depends on what parts, especially non originals, but then like bro. ken yeang mentioned his friend buy H4, means the size should be H4, not bigger nor smaller. I will return them to the shop since it is RM300, if RM30 then don't bother also okay.....hahhahhahah

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think any car guy would have experienced this before. One thing lead to another kind of thing. I've never met a car guy who got everything he wanted 1st time.

My case was the old wira. Engine overhauled with 2 friends took 6 months partially because spent most of the weekends working on it. As we started rebuilding the engine after cleaning everything out :

"Eh.. why not change to forged? And oversize? While you're at it reline the cylinder walls too".
"Eh.. lighten la. Engine more power"
"Eh.. Balance also la since you've already done so much"
"Eh.. replace with titanium fasteners la. Stronger better lighter."

etc

Damn thing was supposed to be 4k+ end up almost 9k. But end result was a 3-speed auto that could do just above 100whp.

Ok next story : Auto changed to manual. Car felt slower with the manual. And true enough, it dropped to 89whp. Spent money finding out why and realised it was AFR so spent money on a piggyback which made it go back up 113whp.

Then overheated. Skimmed max head couldn't be reused. Sent engine for rebuilding again (too lazy to rebuild myself) and the car came back even more underpowered due to a few possible reasons. Back to the 80whp+ range in fact.

After that car sold. All that money burnt for nothing.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuh! RM9k, that is what I spend on my transplant, means engine, workmanship, suspension and exhaust all in.....200 horses woh!.....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
RM9k spent is a lot....but the experienced gained is priceless.

Modding is never cheap, and modding never ends....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
RM9k is relative.

Last month, my ex-boss blew RM24k on a set of special tailormade offset 20" AMG rims for his Merc. You wont believe how much he paid the custom for the set of rims......

shhhhhhh..............

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think any car guy would have experienced this before. One thing lead to another kind of thing. I've never met a car guy who got everything he wanted 1st time.

My case was the old wira. Engine overhauled with 2 friends took 6 months partially because spent most of the weekends working on it. As we started rebuilding the engine after cleaning everything out :

"Eh.. why not change to forged? And oversize? While you're at it reline the cylinder walls too".

etc

Damn thing was supposed to be 4k+ end up almost 9k. But end result was a 3-speed auto that could do just above 100whp.

Ok next story : Auto changed to manual. Car felt slower with the manual. And true enough, it dropped to 89whp. Spent money finding out why and realised it was AFR so spent money on a piggyback which made it go back up 113whp.

Then overheated. Skimmed max head couldn't be reused. Sent engine for rebuilding again (too lazy to rebuild myself) and the car came back even more underpowered due to a few possible reasons. Back to the 80whp+ range in fact.

Fuh! RM9k, that is what I spend on my transplant, means engine, workmanship, suspension and exhaust all in.....200 horses woh!.....:driver:
Should've just buy a new Mark X engine, only 6k brand spanking new with papers some more! :D

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

etc

as for n.a car, forged item not always neccessary....

if myself rebuild fast street spec car using 4g1x....i would do camshaft, engine balancing and lightening only...plus mild porting job...and the rest of budget would go for exhaust setup,tuning and perhaps those bigger intake manifold with bigger tb.... :driver: and stay away from performance clutch...if die die want better clutch just get heavy duty clutch cover...more than enough for sub 200whp especially a daily car..... i dont want a jumpy street car especially during traffic jam....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some ppl mod their car becoz they want create a loooooong list of performance goodies.....and to impress others.....:hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
some ppl mod their car becoz they want create a loooooong list of performance goodies.....and to impress others.....:hmmmm:

want to see my goodies list?

too many to list...

but i write one:

100+ oil catch can... :rofl::rofl::rofl: :proud::proud::proud:

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should've just buy a new Mark X engine, only 6k brand spanking new with papers some more! :D
My engine only RM3.5k that time. Close to RM9k is for transplant cost, suspension and exhaust all in....:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

100% fullmark for the 100Plus bottle usage
Eco friendly too.....recycle.......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
as for n.a car, forged item not always neccessary....

if myself rebuild fast street spec car using 4g1x....i would do camshaft, engine balancing and lightening only...plus mild porting job...and the rest of budget would go for exhaust setup,tuning and perhaps those bigger intake manifold with bigger tb.... :driver: and stay away from performance clutch...if die die want better clutch just get heavy duty clutch cover...more than enough for sub 200whp especially a daily car..... i dont want a jumpy street car especially during traffic jam....
You guys really wanna rub salt to the wound hor? :bawling:

But I did it because I wanted the experience and wanted to push the engine to see what I could do with it. Not because I wanted power or wanted this or that. If I wanted power, 9k can do a lot already lor.

Besides, I've never said my car was fast. Max dyno 114whp only mah. That's not a lot. Then final dyno figure after manual swap and after head change.. 89whp.

:burnout:

Anyway, the topic is "car guy", and I'm a car guy. Not a "race guy" or "gila power guy". Ok I'd be lying if I said I not gila power. But during that time the rebuild was very interesting. Mod for efficiency not really power. 15km/L bitchesssssssssssssss on a 3 speed auto :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to re-balut back the seat and change the sabut to foam? If possible, make the head rest as well..

I want to find an affordable shop..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience