Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

anyone using GReddy Type RS BOV?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

KoNa

Known Member
hey all u guys out there just wonderin if anyone of u using GReddy Type RS BOV on ur 4g series turbo engines...
cause i haf a lil prob...
my idling for the car is crap its spiking n inconsistent...
wanna know if its caused by the BOV cause i read sum where that when installed in a EVO it has the same prob...
n at first i thought my throttle body was the culprit but afta my mech changed it for me its still has the same prob...
so if sumone is aso using the same BOV mebe u can tell me isit the prob wif the BOV...
thanx!

hey kona, i am neither using a GReddy Type RS BOV or driving a turbo.
had similar problems with idling, engine will die if i switch on the air cond.

a few places asked to chage throttle body etc...

root cause was due to leaky vacuum hoses going to throttle body and IFCD
chaeck and chang it if hardend or suspected leaky .

hope that helps

actually the real culprit is the MAF (Air Flow Sensor attached to your air-intake). MAF + VTA BOV = idle prob. the only workaround would be to find a BOV which recirculate the bov air back into the air-intake or replace MAF with something else like MAP or etc. Some people had success using EIDS but if you have an AFC installed, it might not be a good idea to install EIDS. hope this helps.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Guys need input....change my gti stock damper n spring with hot bit wan, need input any ideas wats d best spring rate n optimum set up for gti ? currently my car fr 50kg behind 30kg...dunno how to calculate d rate la :biggrin:... behind got 2 12 inch woofer. the thing is d car corner cun wan... stick la -potenza RE 711- err over slightly low speed. but i think can get better la, both spring n damper very firm...haiyo not much comfort la i tell u...but the thing is at higway cruising like...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom