Satria Gti with Hot Bit adjustable suspension.

GTiKnight-exPrince-

Nov 14, 2005
Guys need input....change my gti stock damper n spring with hot bit wan, need input any ideas wats d best spring rate n optimum set up for gti ? currently my car fr 50kg behind 30kg...dunno how to calculate d rate la :biggrin:... behind got 2 12 inch woofer. the thing is d car corner cun wan... stick la -potenza RE 711- err over slightly low speed. but i think can get better la, both spring n damper very firm...haiyo not much comfort la i tell u...but the thing is at higway cruising like 160-180 d car dun feel that firmness la...sort of d car feel quite light, streering also quite light...n sort of bumpy a bit not firmly planted...n when corner high speed quite scary la...dunt feel i have full control why arr....wrong setting arr ? watever happen 'corner on rail' wats d optimum setting, oh btw my car is lowered 1 n a half finger upfront n 2 finger behind. another things is it true that when i change my absorber n spring to adjustable...d handling by lotus is loss ?...well i can see d ride is a bit hard... :frown: ,any of u guys driving a gti n feel any better than original set up ?....for now i rather think my setting is at fault...he he he pheww just spend 1800 lior...

oh btw my mech at speedwork recommend me to upgrade to a two coil spring set up...with helper spring. any good ? tq.

sweating oledi...

:frown: :biggrin: .

GTiKnight-exPrince-

Nov 14, 2005
oppss got typo error, wat i mean is any of u guys here driving a gti feel any improvement using adjustable than d gti original set up ?

TOE PECK

Banned
Oct 29, 2005
hi there...i also got the hot bits on my gti..seems your problem is that ur setting might be too low..spring rate is spot on..lotus handling?no...its just the front anti roll bar..

GTiKnight-exPrince-

Nov 14, 2005
u mean d ride height is it, care to share me ur height n spring rate. now d car feel very firm...goyang2 also cant...like u push d car up n down...really like batu. n lotus handling.. no as in not lost ? just d front anti roll bar ? u mean i should change to thicker ie: hot bit wan is it, my car all stock la beside spring n damper. wats ur suspension setting like....

cheers...hi hi.

supernatural

Aug 2, 2004
GTI, actually most of the Adj. absorber are hard setting. and of course when u go for the hard setting it will sacrifice ur comfort. and when u tekan ur car of coz like batu compare to stock absorber/spring. r u using hi/lo adj. or hi/lo and soft/hard adj?
if u buy hi/lo and soft/hard adj u can set ur damper to suit ur comfort.
xample, if u're go for comfortable, of course the adj. just like stock absorber and it's soft spring rate.this setting is for comfortable but for perfomance e.g for tip top cornering u have to sacrfice ur comfortable and go for the more stiffer setting.

just like me on my previous car, i driving wira sedan 1.5. i'm using RG hi/lo adj spring rate 50kg front and 30 kg rear.same rate as u. for me definitely no comfortable at all. but it was xcelent for perfomance. i mean i can tackle the corner at 120-130kmh with stable handling.but on the hiway u can feel like no absorber la in ur car.. very like batu la bro.

anyway just decide;

perfomance?
or
comfortable?

just bit of my opi..peace bro!

GTiKnight-exPrince-

Nov 14, 2005
so my spring rate is okayla ha ha. :biggrin:. actually mine is high low only function only, d cheapest wan la. street sport. did thinkin of getting the high low soft hard with helper spring which they called semi racing, but my source inside told me the soft/hard function is just a gimmick la...doesnt really improve much or adjust much, instead they told me to just save a few bucks get my current one la n change to double coil spring...d one with d helper. they says they can setting manually which they say would be much better n d ride wont be that harsh, well am still contemplating...low budget le he he he. anyway d car is firm n d ride yeah unforgiving...but i feel something not right at high speed like....140 to 160...i mean it should be steady n stable right...it is but d steering feel a bit light le...n when corner at that speed i dun feel like i'm having d car under control...actually just normal slight turning also feel quite 'different'. what if i alter my ride height would there be slight improvement, any tips ? i just want the car to be under control with good handling n grip. my tyre only 50 percent makan, or could it be as simple as my driveshaft bush a bit loose ? :rolleyes:

cheers.

G_ti

Nov 20, 2005
Guy's
I'm just changed my abs 1year ago . I'm stil using the standard stock absober and did not change the spring . It's really giving me pleasure of riding from 0 up to 200 k/m without any worry . You just will feel the speed when you are braking .
Of course it is stiffer and harder but the important is we are controlling the car , not the car is controlling we . :rock:

GTiKnight-exPrince-

Nov 14, 2005
the standard abs n spring is soft good for comfort n highway cruising, if u like it that way than its good...try using the eibach spring...i think u will find it more to ur liking...really comfy n stiffer corner also better..but comfort la...me..i'm trying to for the all out handling improvement usind adjs but now still trying to find the optimum setting...n d ride is really hard...grrr... so wats d balance ?

Finally we received our long overdue shipment from US, couple of test carried out, to ensure it of it work ability prior installation for our clients.....

one of the hardest issue any driver face is driving under poor visibility......
things we cant avoid......such as

Rain.....after prolong neglection......Stained glass on our car.......causing poor vision