Anyone know how to take out the third brake light?

Duke_85

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
KL / Kedah
Hi guys,

i need to takeout my third brake light but it is damn hard...can't find any clue where the clip, screw or whatever that hold the boar and the brake light...:confused::smokin:can anyone give a hint...thanks in advance...:itsme:

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
I went to an accessory shop when I replaced my bulb for the third brake light. What you have to do is, first you have to take off the rear seat. Then u can have access to all the screws once the seat has been taken off. If u have time and know how to do it, then u can DIY it. If not, just go to Trial or any accessory shops.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
To fully take out the third brake light, u'll need to take out the rear speaker board.
and to achieve that, u'll need to take out the backseats, loosen the rear seat-belts,
and then remove the rear speaker board.
some reference here (click me).
hope it helps.

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
The other way is to hold the 3rd brake light, press down a little bit, pull it towards your self (from inside of the car), then lift it up.. there's no screw, just slot in clip.. no need to take out rear seat.. i did it when changing the bulb..

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
if you just want to replace the bulb, then follow ARSSS guide.
but if you want to remove the whole set, might try the others guide.

i did open it for bulb replacement before like ARSSS.. quite easy but need to pull back hard to open the casing.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
The other way is to hold the 3rd brake light, press down a little bit, pull it towards your self (from inside of the car), then lift it up.. there's no screw, just slot in clip.. no need to take out rear seat.. i did it when changing the bulb..
simple straight forward and quick to get it done!.. NICE!..
BTW, can anyone tell me what is the bulb size/type for that third brake light?
and how many bulbs are in there ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi Guys.

Have anyone using Powerzone LSD?

What is the spec? It's clutch type LSD?

What is the price?

Any feedback and opinion is WELCOME!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience