any workshop in shah alam thats good with Z32 twin turbo?

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi sifus and seniors.

i need some help.... any workshop in shah alam thats good with Z32 twin turbo? or better yet... any z member or forumers from around shah alam?

i just bought my car and now got some weird ticking noise coming from the engine.... it sound coarse and loud and gets louder with the revs... want to send the car to a good non potong and realiable mechanics. Since iam not filthy rich, a good realible mechanic would certainly help....

tq...

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Take my word of advise ... go to Glen Marie and search for Li ... his shop is behind powerzone ... go on weekdays during night time .. 10pm and above ... daytime its also open but he's usually not at workshop during daytime ... :)

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ooo... that place... i think i know which shop youre referring to... when are you going there? lets go together laa.....:driver::driver:

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
I take my car to TopOne in SS2 PJ. Not in Shah Alam but its near enough. Mechanic knows the car/engine inside out... did my rebuild there, and so far no problem!!

... plus can go during day time as well.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

BTW congrats on the Z32 purchase. When did you get it?

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
that shop also not that far away... open today? erm... i meant.. open on sundays?

my z experience begin at:

day: Friday 25/12/2009
time: 2.12Pm
current mileage driven by me: 375km.
fuel consumption highway: RM 50.00 / 220KM = RM 0.23 per KM
fuel consumption city: RM 50.00 / 155KM = RM 0.32 per KM
fuel consumption average: RM 0.27 per KM....

is this good or bad? hows yours bro?

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
lah, no la. open mon - sat and most public holidays too. if you want we can meet up sometime to go there. next weekend a little busy so either weekday or weekend after. if the ticking sound is loud, better not drive it much or floor it until check. don't want to give more problems! :)

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Lah,post the pic of your Z32!

I love to have it & almost buy one this year.....but I was afraid it need to go to workshop so often since it cant be had as brand new model as Z33(which is my bro car)

Got quite bad experience when getting my first bike when I was in form 4.It was secondhand bike & I spend alot of time & $$$$$+ to repair it to the mint condition.....only now I can enjoy to ride it again....

Second hand item always like that,so now I still put the decision on hold even I was willing to park the beautiful Z32 alongside my bro Z33...:)

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Lah,post the pic of your Z32!

I love to have it & almost buy one this year.....but I was afraid it need to go to workshop so often since it cant be had as brand new model as Z33(which is my bro car)

Got quite bad experience when getting my first bike when I was in form 4.It was secondhand bike & I spend alot of time & $$$$$+ to repair it to the mint condition.....only now I can enjoy to ride it again....

Second hand item always like that,so now I still put the decision on hold even I was willing to park the beautiful Z32 alongside my bro Z33...:)
dont put it on hold laa... thing will never change, a service will always be a service and maintenance cost will always be maintenance cost, if you like the car and have the means for it... Buy it~! simple as that.... my advice, go get one! and lets have a meetup sometime... hehe :driver::driver:

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
hbs... It is time to get rlthe z32! Ex ellent piurchase and not much expenditure oj servicing also. For my car, the most expensive is to make sure the engine is tip top. Should be a one-off expenditure la. I had to rebuild my engine. Can cost up to 10k, but then you get a nicely built engine with good reliability. Mu engine is trouble free for over 5 years!

So definately buy one and join the clan!

Lah, i've never really measured my consumption but one tank can go from kl to ipoh only. Driving quite fast la, so not really an economy run.

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
Sorry to sound as retarded dude. How long to rebuild your engine? A week? A month?
Depends on the workshop. My workshop is a little slow if they are busy since they like to handle small services as well.

A couple of weeks at most, but longer if they have problems getting the parts.

If you are rebuilding, I suggest getting a rebuild kit from the US. Might cost around US$2k+ but you get forged pistons, conrod... the works (not including turbo)

It is in SS2 / Section 19 PJ border.

And I've been using him to fix my car for over 4 years... no problem at all. LahZ32 also sent his car there... and the owner also owns a Z32 (but not on the forums)

300zxtt's workshop also good, in Kepong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BMW 320i will now be available in two new variants that were recently introduced by BMW Group Malaysia, the 320i Executive Edition and the 320i M Sport, that will be available nationwide from 2 April onwards.

Both variants will be powered by the 2-liter four-cylinder mill that produces 156hp. As with all current BMW models, both the new variants will feature BMW EfficientDynamics that includes Brake...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience