Any one with 255/35 R18 Off 9.5 on Evo

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Hi There,

Just want to get your opinion. I'm a noob with rims and tyre size. If I were to fit a 18 x 9.5J rims on the Evo CT9A and use 255/35. Will this clear the fenders? :driver:

Thanks in advance for any advise and feedback

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
what is yr rim offset and yr car got widebody or not.

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
It really depends on the offset and the design of your wheels/spokes.

I run 18x9.0 +29 with 255/35/18, stock body, lowered -no issues or rubbing

And don't forget to roll your rear fenders

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Ah soo... See what I mean about me being a noob. Yes will be on stock body. Rim size is 18x9.5J offset 30.

JayDM, did you roll your body first to avoid rubbing. Also, where did you roll the fenders? Rear only or both front and rear. 255/35 how is the ride?

Thanks Guys

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
AlucarD,

i used 235/40/18 with rims offset 30, 9jj.....it wont rub yr fender if u using adjustable but when u carry passenger, yr rear fender will rub fender when u go over some bumpy road or speed breaker...if u using 255/35/18...very big possibility kena...maybe u try go mudguard panel beater to beat the rear fender edge flat.....

?nDc?s?ve

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
damansara
Was on 255/35/18, 18x9 +22, tein superstreet, stock body n rear fender rolled.. Camber - 2.5+.. Rubbed :(

Really depends on yr luck, choice of tire n rims.. Looks nice concaved but w a price ;) good luck buddy!

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
245/40/18 seems not much difference compared to the original 235.

The preferred size to maintain almost stock speed reading is 255/35/18. Look fierce and wide!! Anywhere in KL/PJ where you can roll your fenders??

Thanks guys ... for the replies

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
kepong area got...

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Ah soo... See what I mean about me being a noob. Yes will be on stock body. Rim size is 18x9.5J offset 30.

JayDM, did you roll your body first to avoid rubbing. Also, where did you roll the fenders? Rear only or both front and rear. 255/35 how is the ride?
That is a safe offset, you should be able to escape but don't take my word.Try to test-fit the wheels into your car if it's possible. Since I don't know the brand/design of wheels you're getting, this is the only way you can be 100% sure of the fitment.

I only rolled the rear because of my lowering. Did it in Trial Sg.Besi but most experienced workshops in Sunway like N1, GT-Auto etc should be able to do it too. Make sure a fender rolling-kit is used, not a hammer.

How is the ride?Now, this is subjective, to me it's exactly how I want it. Maximum contact & grip for 9.0 wide wheels. Of course, brand plays a very important role here too. I'm on Dunlop star specs. Hope that helps

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
That is a safe offset, you should be able to escape but don't take my word.Try to test-fit the wheels into your car if it's possible. Since I don't know the brand/design of wheels you're getting, this is the only way you can be 100% sure of the fitment.

I only rolled the rear because of my lowering. Did it in Trial Sg.Besi but most experienced workshops in Sunway like N1, GT-Auto etc should be able to do it too. Make sure a fender rolling-kit is used, not a hammer.

How is the ride?Now, this is subjective, to me it's exactly how I want it. Maximum contact & grip for 9.0 wide wheels. Of course, brand plays a very important role here too. I'm on Dunlop star specs. Hope that helps
bro, rolling only wont get the fender all in. from my experience, better knock in if can. becoz i spend twice of money. first time rolled but not that in, then i have to bring to knock all in. flat knock i mean. then pay again.. lolx... if u wan maximum better opt for knock... just my opinion...

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Alan,

Don't know bout that bro, mine came out pretty flat, in fact I rolled my past rides the same way too. I don't have any rubbing issues on the set-up I mentioned a few replies ago.

For aggresive offset and suspension set-ups, I'm sure you'll need more than a simple roll on a stock body. In some cases you might need to pull it out slightly too.

It's not the case here as the ThreadStarter's size and offset is quite safe and if he doesnt slam it to the ground, my suggestion will do.

Again, I don't recommend knocking with a hammer because things can turn really sh*tty if the handler is inexperienced . You might even end up plastering and re-painting your rear panel.
Why go through that hassle?

Picture below demonstrates how a rolling kit looks like, and how it's supposed to be done

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

at idle the vacuum gauge stays at 21 mmhg but when aircond is switched on, it dropped to somewhere around 16 mmhg

is this normal? if it is, can someone explain how running on aircond at idle decreases pressure drop inside plenum?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience