Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Any member drives Frontiers ??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Hi guys .. I own a '05 Frontier .. Glad to see Frontier owners in ZTH

Worm77, your frontier is the spirit model or the grandroad ?? welcome

Thanks for welcoming ..

I bought the Spirit model ..

Hey, I have a group of 4x4 kakis .. Join us for TT session .. We can share info on our trucks .. Occasionally, we go for offroading/camping trips too ..

hello...welcome...hmmm..TT session???i'm interested...hahaa...when and where???mmine is the grandroad model...

hi there leeeejoe .. We normally TT at a cafe at Cheras Business Centre .. good food,
cosy place, lotsa parking .. Somewhere opposite Makro .. Will keep U guys posted on our next TT .. During TT, we normally tok some kok, discuss on next outing and share info on our trucks .. Btw, where are you guys from??

Worm, Lee is from KL....
I'm from Seremban....Hehehehe...where are you from ? worm ?
Mine is also a spirit model..bone stock standard.

Guys, wanna ask a Q. Do you use the heat switch when you start your pickup during morning or when the negine is cold ? I use it sometimes and it raises the RPM to 1500 to quickly warm up the car but will it damage any internal parts ?

Also, what lub oil is Frontier using ? Its my 1st time having a diesel car so dont know about the lub oil spec ? 20W-50 ? or 15W-50 ??:retarded:

Also do any of you install Turbo timer on the frontier ? was taking to install one cause sometimes after long travel have to let the car idle for a while be4 turning it off right ? so to prolong the life of the turbo unit....help and answer is welcome....

TitanRev said:
Worm, Lee is from KL....
I'm from Seremban....Hehehehe...where are you from ? worm ?
Mine is also a spirit model..bone stock standard.

Guys, wanna ask a Q. Do you use the heat switch when you start your pickup during morning or when the negine is cold ? I use it sometimes and it raises the RPM to 1500 to quickly warm up the car but will it damage any internal parts ?

Also, what lub oil is Frontier using ? Its my 1st time having a diesel car so dont know about the lub oil spec ? 20W-50 ? or 15W-50 ??:retarded:

Also do any of you install Turbo timer on the frontier ? was taking to install one cause sometimes after long travel have to let the car idle for a while be4 turning it off right ? so to prolong the life of the turbo unit....help and answer is welcome....

I'm from Puchong .. hhhehehehhe .. U can call us for yamcha if U happen to be coming to KL .. Let me know early, I'll arrange a TT so all of us could meet ..

Use of the switch will not damage internal parts .. I seldom use that switch also .. Just crank up Ure engine, let it run for few mins and Ure ready to go ..

Recommended to use mineral-based oil for diesel engine .. I'm using 15W-40 Diesel Engine Oil .. Diesel engines run much higher compression ratios than petrol engines and they run a lot hotter, so the oil is formulated to deal with this. Plus they produce a lot more dirt in terms of combustion by-products. Diesel-rated oils typically have more detergents in them to deal with this. Diesel-rated oils also have an anti-foaming agent in them which is unique to diesel engines, and not needed in petrol engines. The downside of using a mineral-based diesel engine oil is you have shorter oil change interval. I did mine every 5000km together with oil filter.

I have a turbo timer installed. Any timer would do the job but I recommend getting a branded one cos the quality is much better and it'll serve U for a long time. Ure right, under hard driving, a timer is used to prolong the life of a turbo unit cos it sets a cool-down period thus reducing the heat from the turbine. If driving in town under stop and go situation, the heat built up is much lesser and the timer is just for cool factor.

i work in puchong..ahaha...live near jalan gasing...i have no idea where cheras is..coz i'm originally from penang...i duno what engine oil to use...so i juz bantai idemitsu full synthetic..hahaa..i dont know if its good or bad for the car...but it seems to be quite smooth...and i service every 5000km too..i didnt know the car needs to warm up though...coz i always wake up late...so i juz jump into the car...start the engine...and go...hahaha...but i do a bit of slow driving before i hit the highway...coz the way out from my hosue..there's 12 speed bumps..damn it..as for turbo timer...i have an apexi one installed...yeah...get a better one...coz the cheap ones wont last..and my mechanic told me before there's another reason..its something to do with the electronics...but i cant relaly remember...will let u know..anyways...worms...when free come out yum cha la..ehhehe...seremban also not so far..hehe..tekan kasi habis meter very fast reach wan...so...Titan Rev...when wanna yum cha?

Lee and worm, the Frontier has an immo system called the NATS right ? wont instaling turbo timer mess up the NATS system ?? Izit easy to install turbo timer on Frontier ? cause you know lah know cars alarm system very complicated scared will mess up the alarm.

What's the prefered lub oil you guys use ? and which has te best cleaning agent ? advisable to add additives to the lub oil cause the Nissan ppl keep telling me how goods is this additives and that additives but i refuse to use them....:tongwink:

I have a Blitz multi TT can see boost level also but still hesitating wether to install or not...

You guys service your frontier where ? any good workshop ? cause my cars just pass the 2 free service....without labour that time wa around Rm150+ but after free service...how much it cost i also dont know yet...wait till tomorrow..sending in my car for service...

when there is a will, there is a way...kakaa...i duno how they did it..but my turbo timer apexi pen one...has a few censors...but because we dont know where to connect it..the reading for that is wrong...but the voltage meter is working and the timer is working...imobilizer also working...did it in KK LAU audio shop..coz my car was there doing the stupid enclosure for the woofers..take damn long and damn hard to get it done properly...until now still got problems...and as for lubs and additives...i never put any additives or whatsoever...i just do my regular services...mine is still pretty new..went to tan chong a few times..they juz chin chai do and put normal engine oil...for turbo cars..i think its necessary to put full synthetic...not sure about diesel la..ahha..and..RS Impressive in puchong does a good job..reasonable price...and...very very friendly...ehhee...and i dont dare to bring my car back to tan chong either coz of the bloody NOS...ahhaha..what are the recommendations to put in the car for better performance and maintenance??for eg lubs and all..gear oil..engine oil...additives are for what??

Lee and worm, the Frontier has an immo system called the NATS right ? wont instaling turbo timer mess up the NATS system ?? Izit easy to install turbo timer on Frontier ? cause you know lah know cars alarm system very complicated scared will mess up the alarm.
--> I upgraded my alarm to Clifford and I installed a Blitz Dual Turbo Timer and my NATS is working perfectly .. No worries .. You just have to get a good installer ..

What's the prefered lub oil you guys use ? and which has te best cleaning agent ? advisable to add additives to the lub oil cause the Nissan ppl keep telling me how goods is this additives and that additives but i refuse to use them....:tongwink:
--> Don't ever ever listen to those Nissan SC about adding additives .. They just want U to part with your money .. Modern diesel engine oil has all the ingredients to clean and protect the engine.

I have a Blitz multi TT can see boost level also but still hesitating wether to install or not...
--> Install it by all means .. If you don't have a trusted installer, come to KL .. I bring U to my installer .. He did the Clifford alarm and Blitz installation for me .. He installed my full set of audio system as well ..

You guys service your frontier where ? any good workshop ? cause my cars just pass the 2 free service....without labour that time wa around Rm150+ but after free service...how much it cost i also dont know yet...wait till tomorrow..sending in my car for service...
--> Just go to any trusted workshop .. I got mine done in less than RM120.00 (5L of 15W-40 diesel engine oil, oil filter, cleaning air filter and labour)

leeeejoe said:
when there is a will, there is a way...kakaa...i duno how they did it..but my turbo timer apexi pen one...has a few censors...but because we dont know where to connect it..the reading for that is wrong...but the voltage meter is working and the timer is working...imobilizer also working...did it in KK LAU audio shop..coz my car was there doing the stupid enclosure for the woofers..take damn long and damn hard to get it done properly...until now still got problems...and as for lubs and additives...i never put any additives or whatsoever...i just do my regular services...mine is still pretty new..went to tan chong a few times..they juz chin chai do and put normal engine oil...for turbo cars..i think its necessary to put full synthetic...not sure about diesel la..ahha..and..RS Impressive in puchong does a good job..reasonable price...and...very very friendly...ehhee...and i dont dare to bring my car back to tan chong either coz of the bloody NOS...ahhaha..what are the recommendations to put in the car for better performance and maintenance??for eg lubs and all..gear oil..engine oil...additives are for what??
For Apexi pen timer, one or two of the sensors are meant for petrol engine and our diesel engine would not be giving an accurate reading ..

What problems you have with the sub enclosure?? I got mine fabricated, installed and they're working great ..

For Idemitsu engine oil, they have one for diesel engine and it comes in the form of 5L can .. Diesel engine oil is recommended because diesel engine is a workhorse and synthetic oils are "thin" and does not work optimum under stress of a diesel engine on our truck but they work optimum under stress of petrol engine .. Have you ever seen advertisements on TV whereby fully synthetic oils running on diesel engine trucks??

For better performance you could upgrade to a larger diesel pump .. Change the whole exhaust system .. Tweak the turbo charger .. Etc etc etc .. But for daily usage and long lasting service from the engine, I would recommend to keep it stock .. As for transmission oil. transfer case oil and axle oil you could upgrade it for smoother gear change and enhanced lubrication ..

Worm and lee, you guys did any mod on the air intake and exhaust ?

I saw K&N air filter for Frontier costing Rm260...

i duno what enclosure..mine is also fabricated with wood and stuff...the blooody damn roof is vibrating like a damn dildo..ahhaa..and...hmmm...my next service is coming up soon...where do u do your service??i would like to do mine there too...i did not know what to use for engine oil...and my friends all kaki racing...so they say what i juz bantai oni la..ahha..and..would really like to meet u up...kindly leave ur phone number...mine is 0175685868...duno la..my NATS also still working fine...i've not done anything to the engine..not much...just added NOS...hahaha...wanna change air filter...but no time..coz have been hardcore going fishing these few days...coz holiday mah...ahhaa..apply unpaid leave and go oni...ekzos...if wanna change also have to change the header sekali i think..cant afford to leave my car there for too long...ahhaa...and worm..seriously would like to meet u up for a drink..hehe...

leee, I'm in Seremban so far from your place.....:emoticon_U: You go fishing wan ah ? I always wanted to try fishing cause until now I didn't try fishing before....dont laugh at me ok....I think fishing is very fun but needs long hours right lee...:_:

Worm, you like fishing ? or you have other hobbies ?? I think I will leave my Frontier stock standard as its a work horse....but will install some necessary items lah....

Anymore frontier or 4x4 owners.......

Last edited:
Lee,
Roof vibrating like a dildo ar .. hhehhehheheee .. Maybe Ure hitting too hard bro .. hehheheheee ..

My regular service center is at Puchong, Taman Perindustrian Kinrara .. Which part of Puchong are you in??

Titan,
Fishing is fun .. If U don't mind waiting for the fish to bite .. hhehhehehe .. I'm into fishing too ..

I changed my air filter to those element type .. Brand is Uni Filter .. K&N also can .. On modding exhaust, have to change the whole thing as in manifold. center and muffler .. Not an easy task cos have to calculate exhaust flow rate .. If did wrongly, RM paid and LOSS of power gained ..

Guys,

Photos of our trip to Taman Negara Endau Rompin ..

Last edited:
Don't drive a Frontier but like offroading.
Have u tried chipping the Frontier yet?
Pity they don't bring in the Nissan Patrol.
Would like to have a Short Wheel Base Nissan Patrol GQ.

BabyG,

What do you mean chipping? Re-map of the ECU ??:_:

Piggy-back computer U mean?? If yes, the piggy-back unit for Frontier is still in testing stage over in Thailand ..

My friend's Hilux has one unit .. The piggy-back unit really does wonder .. His souped up Hilux doesn't has lagginess of a standard Hilux ..

Wow....I didn't know that modern diesel engines have so much things to play with and soon Diesel engine will become high performance engine too.....:_:

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hey there , i got a Wira 1.5 just converted to manual transmission using F5M21 gearbox with clutch pump , im using Castrol MTF 80w90 GL-4 gearoil with it as far as i know from research this gearbox can't use GL-5 oil which will corrode & cause damage to the bronze syncromesh inside .

The issue I'm having is sometimes when shifting into 2nd gear kinda hard , can feel like 2 step movement when shifting & when shift into 3rd gear sometime can hear & feel a little bit of grinding but it will...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom