Any member drives Frontiers ??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Cheaka, good luck on ur search for the canopy. Cheaka, not just 3 of us driving Frontier lah...still got 1 i think....3 musketeer...Hahahaha...

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
yo...hmmmm...canopy can find wan la...so many dealers out there..plus call up the two fellas i gave u...theyhave a lot of canopies...especially the one in klang...perhaps we can meet up and i can bring u there in case u duno where issit..ehhe..btw...NOS added to truck...quite disappointing..only got about 40horse on wheel extra outta it on the dyno..but its quite fun to drive now..ahhaa..with the switch..and all that kinda stuff...now...anyone can give me suggestion where to put my damn bottle...hahaa....coz...behind the seats...got 2 woofers...so no more space there...any suggestions??anyone??

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
anybody knows if they have height adjustable and hard-soft adjustable absorbers for pick up trucks and where to get them??hahaa..my car is really bumpy...and if i do buy these absorbers, when i lift my truck...can use back ah??or need to get new one some more??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah....leejoe you really are hardcore 4x4 modder ah...show some pics of your engine bay lah..must be moded wan already. Somemore you add NOS oh...:shocked:

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
not hardcore 4x4 modder la..come lah..mod ur frontier too..fun la.when u overtake those idiotic drivers and u accelerate..and the expression on their face= priceless..haha...engine bay still stock at the moment..only got ZEX nitrous injection kit..haha..cannot la..the car very slow compared to the 3.0v6 i was driving..but the v6's FC is insane..and..roadtax too expensive...kaka...so sold it..and bought this truck lou...reasonable price for ALOT OF METAL...LOL!...well...the nitrous did not add a lot of power la...coz got a lot of cold air..minor mods first..need the car for work..cant afford to leave it in workshop for toolong..kakaka..come la..

Worm77

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
Hi guys .. I own a '05 Frontier .. Glad to see Frontier owners in ZTH

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Worm77, your frontier is the spirit model or the grandroad ?? welcome

Worm77

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
Thanks for welcoming ..

I bought the Spirit model ..

Hey, I have a group of 4x4 kakis .. Join us for TT session .. We can share info on our trucks .. Occasionally, we go for offroading/camping trips too ..

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
hello...welcome...hmmm..TT session???i'm interested...hahaa...when and where???mmine is the grandroad model...

Worm77

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
hi there leeeejoe .. We normally TT at a cafe at Cheras Business Centre .. good food,
cosy place, lotsa parking .. Somewhere opposite Makro .. Will keep U guys posted on our next TT .. During TT, we normally tok some kok, discuss on next outing and share info on our trucks .. Btw, where are you guys from??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Worm, Lee is from KL....
I'm from Seremban....Hehehehe...where are you from ? worm ?
Mine is also a spirit model..bone stock standard.

Guys, wanna ask a Q. Do you use the heat switch when you start your pickup during morning or when the negine is cold ? I use it sometimes and it raises the RPM to 1500 to quickly warm up the car but will it damage any internal parts ?

Also, what lub oil is Frontier using ? Its my 1st time having a diesel car so dont know about the lub oil spec ? 20W-50 ? or 15W-50 ??:retarded:

Also do any of you install Turbo timer on the frontier ? was taking to install one cause sometimes after long travel have to let the car idle for a while be4 turning it off right ? so to prolong the life of the turbo unit....help and answer is welcome....

Worm77

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
TitanRev said:
Worm, Lee is from KL....
I'm from Seremban....Hehehehe...where are you from ? worm ?
Mine is also a spirit model..bone stock standard.

Guys, wanna ask a Q. Do you use the heat switch when you start your pickup during morning or when the negine is cold ? I use it sometimes and it raises the RPM to 1500 to quickly warm up the car but will it damage any internal parts ?

Also, what lub oil is Frontier using ? Its my 1st time having a diesel car so dont know about the lub oil spec ? 20W-50 ? or 15W-50 ??:retarded:

Also do any of you install Turbo timer on the frontier ? was taking to install one cause sometimes after long travel have to let the car idle for a while be4 turning it off right ? so to prolong the life of the turbo unit....help and answer is welcome....
I'm from Puchong .. hhhehehehhe .. U can call us for yamcha if U happen to be coming to KL .. Let me know early, I'll arrange a TT so all of us could meet ..

Use of the switch will not damage internal parts .. I seldom use that switch also .. Just crank up Ure engine, let it run for few mins and Ure ready to go ..

Recommended to use mineral-based oil for diesel engine .. I'm using 15W-40 Diesel Engine Oil .. Diesel engines run much higher compression ratios than petrol engines and they run a lot hotter, so the oil is formulated to deal with this. Plus they produce a lot more dirt in terms of combustion by-products. Diesel-rated oils typically have more detergents in them to deal with this. Diesel-rated oils also have an anti-foaming agent in them which is unique to diesel engines, and not needed in petrol engines. The downside of using a mineral-based diesel engine oil is you have shorter oil change interval. I did mine every 5000km together with oil filter.

I have a turbo timer installed. Any timer would do the job but I recommend getting a branded one cos the quality is much better and it'll serve U for a long time. Ure right, under hard driving, a timer is used to prolong the life of a turbo unit cos it sets a cool-down period thus reducing the heat from the turbine. If driving in town under stop and go situation, the heat built up is much lesser and the timer is just for cool factor.

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
i work in puchong..ahaha...live near jalan gasing...i have no idea where cheras is..coz i'm originally from penang...i duno what engine oil to use...so i juz bantai idemitsu full synthetic..hahaa..i dont know if its good or bad for the car...but it seems to be quite smooth...and i service every 5000km too..i didnt know the car needs to warm up though...coz i always wake up late...so i juz jump into the car...start the engine...and go...hahaha...but i do a bit of slow driving before i hit the highway...coz the way out from my hosue..there's 12 speed bumps..damn it..as for turbo timer...i have an apexi one installed...yeah...get a better one...coz the cheap ones wont last..and my mechanic told me before there's another reason..its something to do with the electronics...but i cant relaly remember...will let u know..anyways...worms...when free come out yum cha la..ehhehe...seremban also not so far..hehe..tekan kasi habis meter very fast reach wan...so...Titan Rev...when wanna yum cha?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Lee and worm, the Frontier has an immo system called the NATS right ? wont instaling turbo timer mess up the NATS system ?? Izit easy to install turbo timer on Frontier ? cause you know lah know cars alarm system very complicated scared will mess up the alarm.

What's the prefered lub oil you guys use ? and which has te best cleaning agent ? advisable to add additives to the lub oil cause the Nissan ppl keep telling me how goods is this additives and that additives but i refuse to use them....:tongwink:

I have a Blitz multi TT can see boost level also but still hesitating wether to install or not...

You guys service your frontier where ? any good workshop ? cause my cars just pass the 2 free service....without labour that time wa around Rm150+ but after free service...how much it cost i also dont know yet...wait till tomorrow..sending in my car for service...

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
when there is a will, there is a way...kakaa...i duno how they did it..but my turbo timer apexi pen one...has a few censors...but because we dont know where to connect it..the reading for that is wrong...but the voltage meter is working and the timer is working...imobilizer also working...did it in KK LAU audio shop..coz my car was there doing the stupid enclosure for the woofers..take damn long and damn hard to get it done properly...until now still got problems...and as for lubs and additives...i never put any additives or whatsoever...i just do my regular services...mine is still pretty new..went to tan chong a few times..they juz chin chai do and put normal engine oil...for turbo cars..i think its necessary to put full synthetic...not sure about diesel la..ahha..and..RS Impressive in puchong does a good job..reasonable price...and...very very friendly...ehhee...and i dont dare to bring my car back to tan chong either coz of the bloody NOS...ahhaha..what are the recommendations to put in the car for better performance and maintenance??for eg lubs and all..gear oil..engine oil...additives are for what??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What are your thoughts on subscription over hire purchase? GoCar, an on-demand car sharing service just announced they've added 4 new models to their inventory under the GoCar Subs programme.

It's a one-price structure, so no matter Almera, City, Xpander or X50, you pay the same monthly price.

To start, there's a RM3,598 upfront fee that is refundable

Then, either RM1,799, RM1,999 or RM2,199 monthly for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience