Any member drives Frontiers ??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
If you have extra time and paint you can do the power window plastic cover also.

Here's how....

Just pull up the front portion of the cover and it will come loose easily not screw is holding the cover.
The passenger side is very straight forward. After pulling out the cover just push out the power window control knob. Its held with plastic clip only. You will figure it out soon you remove it.

The driver as is also the same but you have to remove all the socket connection 1st. The push out the side mirror control from below. Its also hold by plastic clips only 2 on top and 2 on below. Then you need to remove 3 screw that hold the power window controller.

See the screws 2 on the bottom. and 1 on top.

This is how it looks like after removed...

Preping the stuff that need to be painted.

Remember wash the things that you want to paint with soap water or just wipe it clean with a cloth but dont let any fiber sticks on the item you need to paint cause it will stick with the paint. Make sure the paint surface is totally dry.

Also wash your hand every 20 mins or after finish doing a paint job cause your hand will sweat & oil and it will leave a mark on the paint surface. Wont look nice.

Continue...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Paint job

Note. Always start your painting from small item 1st if you are new to painting. In case you mess up it wont be too visible.
My testing on a small items. This is the thing that i took out rom the hand brake leve there. The 4 pcs of small black plastic. If you notice...
Painted with Sparkling black with black base coat.

If you are spraying multiple coatings make sure the previous coat is 100% dry.

After that you can start to move to bigger items.
1st up the gear console lining.

Place the item on a flat and clean surface. In my situation i use those house tile which i have extra in my house.

Before painting..

After a layer of black base coat. Very shining oh...Hehehe...(i found that 1 layer of base coat is not enough so i spray 3 layers to give it the shine) 1 layer wont give you that shine.

Close up shot...

Leave it for 30mins to dry....then spray on the colour of your choice. If you are going for dark colours black will be your base coat and if you are going for light colours suggest you use white colour as your base coat.

Here a spray the colour i like sparkling black...(2 coating):_:

Close up shot...

Leave it to dry for 1 hour under hot sun. Then you can start to do other items.
2nd up is the meter panel....repeat the base coat painting then spray the colour of your choice.
Before......just look at the dull, unattractive meter panel...:confused_smile:

After......Nice....:regular_smile:

3rd up the center console...
Note, the ciggie lighter. I have give up trying to dismantle it so i just use masking tape to cover the hole. If anyone can dismantle the ciggie lighter tell me how....
Before....:sad_smile:

After a layer of black base coat....

Comparison..with end products....

After.....

I also painted the hazard light switch and the defogger switch.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I also painted the ashtray....

Also there power window plastic cover for left and right...

After fitting back...

Close up shot...

I finish all the paint job and fitting back in half day (disassembling takes me 1 day)....end result...

I also did the paint job to my 206...its was done quite sometimes ago..also my 1st time...
but outcome was satisfying.

Close up shot...

Interior...

Hope you guys happy DIYing.....if you have any problem try to call me or PM me. Will try to help if i can...Cheers....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks Jane, its just simple DIY only lah...just don't want to center console to look so dull and boring...Hehehehe....:_:

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
TitanRev, thanks a lot..will do it next week end..this weekend pancing!!haha..anyways...looks very nice and different..thanks a lot for sharing.. :-) hey guys...smoke your headlights...looks awesome...i've done mine!!hehee..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro how you do it smoke it with your ciggie smoke ?? Hahaha...jk only seriously how ? show some pics lah....come come

Forgot to put the tool pics...this is what you need.

This is the rachet screw driver i'm talking about...

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
Hey. I am looking for a canopy for my frontier....anyone know any 2nd hand for sale ah?

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
hmmmm...2nd hand...i am not sure...but u can try port klang 4 x 4...they have plenty of new ones...but not sure 2nd hand got or not..ehhee..if u need the contacts lemme know...i think i still have the card somewhere around..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
leeejoe, the painting process pls show me...

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
TitanRev,
i did not DIY...i got someone else to do it..ahha..i'm not as good as u are..but i'm going to DIY my lining like yours this weekend if i have time and if the car is with me..sending it into workshop...but...what i know is...he melt the original glue with the heatgun..and then he sprays it inside...and then he glues it back...thats it...but must becarefull when spraying la..i think u'll understand better if u see it la..sms me if u want to...0175685868..then maybe we can meet up or sth...then u can take a look..i really have no idea how to do it myself..

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
Leeeejoe: Wow..thats nice... will do that when i need to respray my car...anyway, thanks for the advice...how much will it roughly cost for the canopy..I saw the one selling in Brother's around RM3k made in Thailand. Any good?

Just wondering...is it just 3 of us driving frontier? all black? anyway...do you notice the original paint is quiet thin.....my car less than 1 year old and the paint very dull looking now....

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
cheaka,
3k for made in thailand??from brothers???mate..i duno abt u...but...i usually dont really trust stuff from there..it was a real nightmare..haha..really bad bad quality...haha...but...seriously..call up these guys..this is a shop in jalan 222..his ph number is 0122131266, his name is hong..ask him.they have canopies there too..and this is the port klang 4x4 shop..0122298268 and his name is Mr. Lim...the paint on my car is still ok la...8 months driving the car...but the car is a bit dirty now coz of the rain and my tyres are outta the car...so splash all over the body every dman time i wash the car..haha..so got feddup...now send to car wash...kakakaka....good luCK looking for ur canopy...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Cheaka, good luck on ur search for the canopy. Cheaka, not just 3 of us driving Frontier lah...still got 1 i think....3 musketeer...Hahahaha...

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
yo...hmmmm...canopy can find wan la...so many dealers out there..plus call up the two fellas i gave u...theyhave a lot of canopies...especially the one in klang...perhaps we can meet up and i can bring u there in case u duno where issit..ehhe..btw...NOS added to truck...quite disappointing..only got about 40horse on wheel extra outta it on the dyno..but its quite fun to drive now..ahhaa..with the switch..and all that kinda stuff...now...anyone can give me suggestion where to put my damn bottle...hahaa....coz...behind the seats...got 2 woofers...so no more space there...any suggestions??anyone??

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
anybody knows if they have height adjustable and hard-soft adjustable absorbers for pick up trucks and where to get them??hahaa..my car is really bumpy...and if i do buy these absorbers, when i lift my truck...can use back ah??or need to get new one some more??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah....leejoe you really are hardcore 4x4 modder ah...show some pics of your engine bay lah..must be moded wan already. Somemore you add NOS oh...:shocked:

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
not hardcore 4x4 modder la..come lah..mod ur frontier too..fun la.when u overtake those idiotic drivers and u accelerate..and the expression on their face= priceless..haha...engine bay still stock at the moment..only got ZEX nitrous injection kit..haha..cannot la..the car very slow compared to the 3.0v6 i was driving..but the v6's FC is insane..and..roadtax too expensive...kaka...so sold it..and bought this truck lou...reasonable price for ALOT OF METAL...LOL!...well...the nitrous did not add a lot of power la...coz got a lot of cold air..minor mods first..need the car for work..cant afford to leave it in workshop for toolong..kakaka..come la..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just inquire,
I running sr20det in stock in my u12 bluebird
Now already 1 and half year then still doesnt change spark plug.
Just now Im thinking that I want to change to new spark plug.
What type of spark plug is good for my sr20det?
What brand?
And also the price?
Hey sifu please help me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience