Any member drives Frontiers ??

razr_sped

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
haha...bout the going faster thing...mine dun seems to like it so
both the 1 being stolen n the current 1
they jus like sped till 140 (max) den stay put liao
cos try chasing hilux b4 from standing still
pickup win kao2, but lost at top speed (mine la, not sure others)

titan...tat 1 i not sure
from my guess is its for mp3 player input or stuff like tat
sumthing like on the hifi, aux from my tv set

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
the FC for hilux is awesome, from kl to penang, with 6 persons in the car, constant speed 110-130, used around 40-50 bucks of petrol only:regular_smile:

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
hehe....if keep the speed like 80km/h or 90km/h the mileage will be very very good.

But even keep at 110km/h or 120km/h on highway also can get around 900km per full tank.

Bear in mind, my company frontier some more carry a stupid heavy compressor at the rear...

Tyre, i think i need to calculate for the recommended tyre size. but i think unless u go for very big size, else very hard to rub the fender leh...

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
TitanRev :offset was -8 i think...and...my tyres are 275/60/16 i think..toyo open country..they're really good..but...i tried on another set of rims with -45 offset...295/60/15...coz the rims was 15 inch..but..cannot fit...steering can only turn one round..haha...then cnanot d...

razr_sped:erR...yeap...definitely...i regret buying the grandroad package...damn it...
Before i changed my rims...and to bigger tyres...i've tried doing 180 on the NPE before :-P ..but after i changed...170 max...pushing it really hard...ahhaa...but..the handling on wetroads and corners..are pretty good for a truck so high up...ahha..its a very fun car to drive..lotsa torque to have fun with...ehhe...i've never taken it to 900 before on a fulltank..but...i've done 840 max..haha...but if everytime boost boost boost..then........u know la..haha..

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
new triton is awesome..the reviews of the truck is pretty good..haha..anyone tested it yet??

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
somewhere around 85k...but...looks more....feminine...ahhaha...after looking at it for a while..doesnt look like a mean truck..haha...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The interioir of the Triton very nice. The car looks futuristic....not bad.

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
i was hoping to redo my frontier's interior..turn the dashboard and seats and all doors into black...anyone know where to get it done??leather or spray doesnt matter ler...coz frontier's interior is quite dull looking..haha..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hey leejoe. I'm going to respray the interior of my Frontier myself. I have done a few cars including my 206, Atos, Camry, Unser and My friend's Altis. I DIY spray paint on engine cover also...Hehehe..its very fun. but will examine how to take out the linings on the Frontier 1st.

Yesterday, When i was driving from my house to my gf's house on my way there. There was this Toyota Wish in white colour. reg no WNU 7359 His HID was so damn glaring. He was behind me so i drive slowly to let him over take. Then High beam him once to tell him his HIDs are glaring. Opposite cars also high beam him but he didn't care at all. Then he start to slow down and move to the side of the road so i overtake him loh. And he throw something to my Frontier and i heard the hitting sound and it was rainning heavily so didn't bother to go down to have a look and don't want to pick a fight also. He then keep chasing me and tiong me...I was angry but was controlling myself temper to avoid any unneccesary things happen to me. That fellow follow me until my gf house but i didnt atop at ym gf house i keep going and bring him go round and round until he give up. Stupid driver. :angry_smile:

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
TitanRev,
yeah...Please let me know how to do it...because the interior of the frontier is looks abit dodgy and plasticy...

yeap...i've had the same exp..was a black wira, driving very slow on fastlane..and i was coming in fast...i highlighted him once and turned on the right indicator signalling him to move...he did not do so..i overtook him from the left side...and then he started to come tiong me...non stop all the way to the place i work too...i overshot the place i work..coz i dont want him to know the location of my car...he kept going from LDP toll till near tesco..thenthe guy in front of me braked hard...so...i jammed my brakes...his car went under my frontier..vshaped hood and broken headlights and radiator..well..all my car had was paint that came off from his car..and he wanted to pick up a fight too..but..i just drove off..hahaaaaaaa...sucker...thats the good thing abt a truck...love it..

razr_sped

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
yo...not forget sum pics of the diy project...

haha...leeejoe, pada muka for tat guy
shame on him to ikut so near a 'lori frontier'

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
TitanRev, when are u planning to do it?maybe we can do it together..haha..will need your guidance..hahaa..plz let me know..cant wait...dashboard can spray??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
leeejoe, not taking out the whole dashboard. Its taking out those lining stuff. The black colour lining on the dash and stuff like that.

I will post pics but as I'm working maybe will only do it on weekend. Have to see 1st. work is more important.

Actually my DIY very simple one just spray paint only to give it a more not so dull look in the cabin....:_: will go experiment 1st. Thinking of doing the door panel also. Can anyone tell me how those cloth is put to the door panel I was thinking to put LV monogram....Hahaha not to show off just for fun. Ithink they use Dunlop gum rite ?

1 by 1 1st....dashboard lining 1st....

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
how fast can the Frontier really go.....
how much is the road tax....
i may consider buying 1...maybe before CNY ....
is there some 4X4 shop sell kanggaro bar....the black steel type??? like those hardcore 4X4 guys...