Alza engine transplant/major modification-mpv fr trackday

sanekit

1,500 RPM

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
In the option of dificulty finding 3sze VS 4age

Might make me thinking twice of variant fr alza tuning/mpv for track day..

I may opt to vol v50 n try to drown of 10-15k depo n hope got credit compny that can give loan to that BIG keranda car/undertakker

Ps: please guy/gurus help to find a ways to plonged 4age to alza.if i not wrong got workshop do in malaysia fr those custome brackets set fr honda variant-penang area
like what @Izso said, you cant put 4AGE engine inside an alza without spending ridiculous amount of money for the mountings and placement. also, ITB cant fit in there as well coz it'll be under the wiper cowl close to the firewall. unless u change the intake facing towards the radiator, which again requires ridiculous amount of money to spend on reengineering stuff. i think there should be plenty of aftermarket internals parts for 3SZ engine. simple google search already can find a bolt-on turbo kit for the 3SZ. but, if your alza is auto, i don't think the gearbox is good enough to handle the power after done all those mods.

which is why we're back to K3VET halfcut as the best reliable option for swap. :sweatsmile:

can't say much about volvo other than expensive parts. hahaha. 850 wagon or V70 with straight 6 tebo should be better than the V50. but modding a conti wagon requires fat bank acc balance. :laughing:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I may opt to vol v50 n try to drown of 10-15k depo n hope got credit compny that can give loan to that BIG keranda car/undertakker

Ps: please guy/gurus help to find a ways to plonged 4age to alza.if i not wrong got workshop do in malaysia fr those custome brackets set fr honda variant-penang area
7A now has become quite rare and quite expensive. Nice mod for the 4AGE but expensive.

Since you are so adamant on going the 4AGE route - why don't you do it and let us now how it works out la. No one here has done it before and I've asked my mech and he said "what for? No power and heavy car means damn cib@i to drive".

You try and share here la. It'll be interesting to see

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

May I suggest perhaps you just use the stock engine for track and slightly mod it to get better power and improve the handling and weight reduction. Since it's just track day so you are not in a competitive situation where every second matters or you gonna engage in a dogfight going door to door racing. You can just drive at your own pace and set your own lap time. MPV on track maybe is rare here but overseas you do come across such platform on the track.

scoupe

1,000 RPM

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
TS seems pretty adamant on a power house MPV for trackdays. Well if u must, this would be easier done with the Exora. People are already dumping serious power into em, gsr conversions, evo conversions and mivec 1.8 etc. But if the only reason you wanna track an MPV because its your family carrier i suggest get an mvp and keep it as a family carrier. Then buy a cheap second car to play. Heck even a proton saga would work. you can play with suspension upgrades and stock engine. Chances are it is still better then a family mpv on track as you will be able to have a proper suspension set up instead of something with a comfort priority.

Reactions: sanekit

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i heard.... those guys who convert the exora do face some cooling related issues, so do take note.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
TS seems pretty adamant on a power house MPV for trackdays. Well if u must, this would be easier done with the Exora. People are already dumping serious power into em, gsr conversions, evo conversions and mivec 1.8 etc. But if the only reason you wanna track an MPV because its your family carrier i suggest get an mvp and keep it as a family carrier. Then buy a cheap second car to play. Heck even a proton saga would work. you can play with suspension upgrades and stock engine. Chances are it is still better then a family mpv on track as you will be able to have a proper suspension set up instead of something with a comfort priority.
Alza like pocket rocket if got power, Exora is huge......

Han_neversolo

Han_neversolo

Aug 10, 2018
Hmm...I drove Alza for four years and I honestly hate the handling and chassis. It feels like I could twist the chassis when I went into corner too fast. Surely you need better suspension system, gearbox, strut and anti-roll bars, etc, to make it work. Might as well buy second hand Toyota Wish and mod it, and not many modification is needed for Wish compared to Alza. Toyota Wish got lots of potential, for a balance between family car and for enthusiastic driving.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone...

Esspecially to Mitsubishi engine owner. Most of us have experience facing the idle problem when turning on the air cond. And alot of use converted to FICD(Fast Idle Control Device) to solve the bad idle problem when turn on the air cond. which is just a solenoid valve. Some are solved, some are still not solved.

Some are solved with FICD connected to the manifold and bleeder outlet of the rocker cover having hoses flying across the engine bay.

Here I'd like to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience