aircond got a problem

baq

Sep 7, 2005
penang
need help

need some body help me,When i start the engine and open the aircond ,have sound from engine can i know what the promblemm..

new user :rock:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
juz go to aircond shop. let them check. check is free maa...

if u want to repair, ask for a quote how much. verbal will do. then come back here and ask whether u shud pay such price or possible to get lower.

if noise comes from inside it must be expansion valve faulty. not so costly.

if from outside (engine compartment) then there are many possibilities.
what i could think of are..
1. a/cond condenser fan is not running smoothly. its causing the noise and as it cant blow cool air to the condenser, acond also not cold.
2. compressor. he he prepare to spend some money. but it also depends on wat is actual problem and whether repairable or not and also depends on the model.
i) if problem with magnetic clutch, just change the clutch. some model comes separate from compressor. some model comes fixed.
ii) if problem with compressor internals, dont simply believe. ask 1st whether can overhaul or not. overhaul kit is about RM80 only. a gud a/cond shop will answer "we can open it and check 1st. if can repair, we repair. if open but condition very bad, u have no choice".
* it took 3 times to overhaul for my car compressor at my a/cond shop. but after 1 year, the compresor is running good.

certain a/cond shop already have reconditioned compressor, so juz remove the old one and change. exterior looks does not matter. its what on the inside that matters.

pls describe wat make is ur car. maybe some of us had experienced similar prob and know wat is the actual symptom.

luncai

Oct 27, 2004
Sembulan, KK
my compressor leak the oil and gas when air cond engaged. the mechanic said it was leak at the center seal, and he said no spare part for that. My car (wira 1.5) using the compressor from mitsubishi engine. I'm getting headache, coz this one is my 4th compressor i change. Could you recommend me which shop can do the compressor repair?

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Normaly compressor has to be change if its leaking of gas or what ever.Try not to buy thos kedai potong 1s.Most of it not in good condition.Try yo get the recond 1s and make sure the mech orders in front of u and comes wrap in plastik in a box.Normaly there is a few months warranty.

Life to ride,ride to DIE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Oh!!!! Thats bad.So far for me no problem.Maybe the mech tipu u or its time to change to a new one.Even u go to EON Sc they will recomand u to buy the recond ones becouse is all new inside.Thats what they always tell me......

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
my acond shop recommended me to change to a general type compressor. which can be overhauled when leak.

just extra cost of changing the compressor bracket. at least, the cost is lesser than changing a new compressor afterall.

got to few aircond shops and compare their opinions and prices. bring a fren if necessary.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Malaysian authorities have recently identified a Korean based alien intruder, believed to have landed on our shores with the intention to punish and enslave all enemy vehicles equipped with illegal TV screens (on-board-displays). The public is seeking help in locating the illusive mechanical foreign object.

The alien intruder is also known to be armed and extremely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience