Air Filter Installation

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
I'm driving wira aeroback 1.5 special edition....i have just changed my air filter from original to K&N 3" type air filter. I just want to know do i need to tune my car after change tis filter....Thank you

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ur car is efi or carbie engine??... if carbie, better tune ur A/F ratio lar... coz more air is being sucked in, u need to recalibrate the air and fuel mixture....

if efi, no need i guess... ur car ecu will recalibrate itself... if u insist of tuning it, jz reset ur ecu, it will reprogram itself.... no worries...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
good point here.......so do my concern.....

my LMST just upgraded Apexi open port....my air/fuel RPM at 1300 with and without aircond

so u guys think is ok or not? too high?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
skywalker, how to tune the A/F ratio ar? issit the same as tuning the carb rpm idling that screw? or are they the same thing..?

gohkokeng, its quite high.. ask any shop set it back around 850 if possible.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
nitrus said:
skywalker, how to tune the A/F ratio ar? issit the same as tuning the carb rpm idling that screw? or are they the same thing..?

gohkokeng, its quite high.. ask any shop set it back around 850 if possible.
not same lor... normal carburettor has 3 screw...
i) tune idle rpm when aircond off
ii) tune idle rpm when aircond on
iii) tune A/F ratio....

how to tune... i also not vr sure... this have to ask sifoo sifoo in carburettor section....:regular_smile:

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
for carbie is very easy to tune ma.....there got 2 screw thingy.....1 screw (using x screwdriver) which located under the carb air filter is 2 adjust rpm without AC......n 1 more screw located neat the AC compressor (gold in colour....which can use finger to turn it)......tis 1 is to set rpm when AC is on

EFi can't DIY tune ler

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
nitrus
haha i sendiri set it 1.....really too high? then maybe later set back myself loh..

SkYwAlKeR
i) tune idle rpm when aircond off
ii) tune idle rpm when aircond on
iii) tune A/F ratio....

1st and 2nd i know where and i did tune it myself....about the 3rd 1.......haha what is it for and where it is located at?

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
pls share here if anyone knows how to set the AF ratio.....its for benefit of all carbie n efi user....

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
cfpang said:
I'm driving wira aeroback 1.5 special edition....i have just changed my air filter from original to K&N 3" type air filter. I just want to know do i need to tune my car after change tis filter....Thank you
thank you skywalker and all others guy for your good information. My car is a 1.5 injection so tats mean no need to tune right? but from wat u state the ECU can be reset in order for it to recalibrate...but can i know how to reset it.....

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
take out yr batterry cable from yr battery n then leave it like tat for some time.....some ppl say leave it for 2-3 hour, few hour n oso say 12 hour b4 u put back the battery cable.....hehe for better purpose better if leave it for 1 day if u dun use car.....any other opinion from other member?

tuckz

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
I have a proton wira 1.5 fuel injection
It is the 2001 edition
I went to the shop to change to a open air filter (K & N or HKS)
But the guy say my ECU is troublesome
If i change the filter, excessive air might cause my engine to shut off
It is due to the Siemens ECU or something?
Can someone confirm on this

Because i heard that changing to open filter will create more power and nicer sound

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
no such thing your ECU is self-convincing programing ...... it'll change its setting its own until it's convinced thats the best setting ..... from what i understand la ..... many dudes here using siemens ECU nothing ar ..... olso open pod filter

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
Mr Edwin so wat you mean is after change to open pod filter we no need to tune anything the ECU will self-convincing OR need to take out the battery cable for it to recalibrate..

tuckz

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
Oh and my wira is 1.5 auto fuel injection
That's what i hope but the guy said that the older wira no problem
But the new wira with so many wires and controller is more problematic
I have another wira 1.6 auto fuel injection
The engine is really different
So im not sure if my wira 1.5 should take the risk to change the filter
Will it be worth it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how to make my stock brake more responsive ?
i know change brake pad will do, but any other way to make it more strong?
i feel the brake power is not enuff...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience