Aftermarket valve for 20v

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
hi all,

came across this when lepak2 with some friends.
who manufacture performance based valves. until what condition the valves can withstand.

i know trd do make valves for 20v. but not anymore. but i couldnt believe when i saw in front of my eyes that at least 1 of the 20 valves broke (patah) and hit the piston. and damaged 4 other valves.
any other manufacturer? toda i read, they also dont produce valves.

so another question, what can make the valves patah? maybe over-rev'ed. but if i say, a friend of mine broke his original blacktop valve but only revving to 8k rev limit.

please help me get some info.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/impo...ves-toyota.html

Supertech Performance Valves
- High Flow Rates
- Less Friction
- More Power
- Featuring Black Nitrided Treatment!

Supertech Extreme Flow Performance Valves for Pro Street and Racing are engineered for High RPM and High HP. Extreme Flow Valves outperform any other valve on the market today, and with their Nitride Coating are perfect for High Temperatures (and run cooler which improves value life), Nitrous, Turbos and Superchargers. For naturally aspirated motors these valves will give you a much greater cylinder flow for good HP gains.

Manufacturing/Description
Intake and Exhaust Valves are One Piece Forged, High Temperature, High Nickel, Stainless Steel Alloy. Valves are CNC finished to strict tolerances making these valves the choice for the most demanding race classes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Types of Valves:
(color coded in TYPE column for easy reference)

#1) Black Nitride (Coating):
Part # ending in "N"
The micro-hardness is higher than the stainless steel base material, keeping good ductility beneath the hard nitrided layer (micro-hardness is 800HV minimum). Surface finish is smoother than with chromed stems, having less friction between stem and guide. ---
Valve seat surface is harder with the nitrided layer, lasting longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro or other "explosive" mixes. Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats, hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats). ---
The higher the engine speed the bigger the power loss due to internal engine friction! The black nitride layer reduces this power loss due to less valve-guide friction. The nitrided layer is adhered to the base material at a microscopic level, so does not "flake" or brake when the valves bend due to impacts with the pistons. ---
The Black Nitride applies to the whole valve while the chrome coating is only applied to the stem. All valves are swirl polished, have stem undercut and a hardened tip

#2) Chrome (special coating used only as noted):
Part # ending in "C"
Widely used and known in high performance valves Only applied to stem.

#3) Inconel (special valve material used only as noted):
Part # ending in "I"
Inconel 751/Nimonic - These Nickel based alloy materials are used for Exhaust valves in engines that reach very high temperatures and its use is growing with the application of turbos and superchargers.

ITEM..FOR BT
TIVN-1018 INT N 4AGE 20v Racing Valve 27.50x4.95x98.60mm/ SS/ undercut/30 back-cut/ +1mm $15
**THIS MIGHT CAN HELP!!

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hi all,

came across this when lepak2 with some friends.
who manufacture performance based valves. until what condition the valves can withstand.

i know trd do make valves for 20v. but not anymore. but i couldnt believe when i saw in front of my eyes that at least 1 of the 20 valves broke (patah) and hit the piston. and damaged 4 other valves.
any other manufacturer? toda i read, they also dont produce valves.

so another question, what can make the valves patah? maybe over-rev'ed. but if i say, a friend of mine broke his original blacktop valve but only revving to 8k rev limit.

please help me get some info.

Tell me something sir...
What is the mod ur friend did that need him to use the aftermarket valve?
some of the thing that came out from my mind........but i let you answer my question 1st,sir..

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
Tell me something sir...
What is the mod ur friend did that need him to use the aftermarket valve?
some of the thing that came out from my mind........but i let you answer my question 1st,sir..
ppl car power laaa .. u think uncle car meh ??? hehehehe

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
zuls sifoo,
modd he did?
maybe he set the compression too high maybe. more than 14 i believe with a compression tester

weh allan,
long time didnt see you. whats up la

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
there you have it!
No amount of aftermarket valve can help him with that hehehe

In fact some toda camshaft need to do some small piston reshaping to fit in their cam....heheh another contributor to piston kissing action..isnt it :D

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
oh,
valve broke (patah) first then baru hit the piston.

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
of coz la valve patah first .. since the 20v design is a non interference design ... :p

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
oh okay.
even if lift higher than 10 also non interference issit? heard with this lift, putus timing belt, valve can hit piston.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
yeap...non interference only valid to stock parts...

other than that heheh tgk nasib lorrr maybe 8.5lift ok @60kmh but if 160kmh???
nasib lorrr hehehhee

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
U can get discontinued stuff from these guys... including formula atlantic setup kits

Toysport
Atlantic

HOW TO CONTACT

Phone: 1.310.643.6432

E-Mail: [email protected]

Please include the following information: year, make, model, engine name, address, contact number. No reply without this information. Attach all previous correspondence as a reference. This will facilitate and guarantee an accurate reply.

Address: 15656 Inglewood Ave Lawndale, CA 90260-2543

they also doing CAMS

Toysport PET Camshafts

and yup Nothin, they have your valve setup kit... here is a quote taken:

"The cams are available with different lift and duration. HI-LIFT cams will require the use and conversion to "under the bucket shim" valve adjustment. Camshafts are available for intake and exhaust. Cam specifications are similar to some imported cams we sell now, but incorporate a better ramp design (possible because these cams are based on exclusive Toysport forgings).

The price will be $250 and $350 (HI-LIFT). These new Toysport camshafts will be an exceptional value / better quality than any OEM or aftermarket cam currently available. We will have the shim conversion kit for the HI-LIFT models available for $750. Adjustable sprockets will also be available.

50% Pre-paid orders will get priority shipment dates. Other models to follow: 4AG 20 VALVE, 2JZG/TE, 7MG/TE,18RG, 2TG, 3/5SF,4/7AF."

Susah susah, U angkat ni la Nothin:

1984 Celica GT-TR Convertible (Right Hand Drive)

* 4T-GTE (WRC Group B, Homologation Base)
* 5 Speed TRD Close Ratio Transmission
* Silver Paint / Gray Recaro Custom Interior Trim
* Chassis # 191 of 200 Group B Base RA64
* The only Group B, factory Celica Convertible in existence
* 12,000km/ never in competition
* Not street legal in the USA.
* Serious Inquiries, Call for Price

For Sale Cars

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ARTA NSX wins revenge race
The JAPAN GT CHAMPIONSHIP MALAYSIA, Round 4 of the 2006 AUTOBACS SUPER GT series was held on June 25 at the Sepang International Circuit.

Images by: Andy Goh

Despite the thin cloud cover, the temperature...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience