Aeroplane sound.......

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
gohkokeng said:
Alan86 is it u using 10.5mm Power Cable?
not sure,hav 2 check 1st coz im not the one that install my car ice system.....
i cal my fren from xtreme audio system to install everything.......

my fren said that the sound maybe come from my HU and not from the grounding cable........:shades_smile:

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
kyheng,
pls read more about muting plug. Don't simply dismiss it because you do not understand the reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I not dimissing it, that's why I said I'm sorry if I'm wrong, there's no need to get hot on this, but I still cannot understand why need to use the muting plug. With the website that you give, it only show minimum info on it. Even with your explaination I still blur, I think this is including the newbies at ZTH. To catch which equipment is giving the airplane sound, that equipment still have to connect to the speakers, is it true? And another thing is my name is kyheng, not kykheng, please show some respect on people's name. If want to post a person's name, please post it correctly.

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Alan86, only left hand side of the speaker got airplane sound? Right speaker don't have airplane sound? Then maybe is your RCA cable(left) not connect properly. Unlikely is your HU giving problem. If really is your HU then should left + your speaker and tweeter have the airplane sound. I not that sure how you connect your HU>pre-amp>amp?speakers, but roughly I can guess is HU>pre amp(front)> 4 ch amp(front)> tweeter, pre-amp(rear)>4 ch amp(rear)>speakers, correct me if wrong.
Mind to tell what is your HU model?

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
make ur self a muting plug. Go out and buy 4 pcs of RCA plugs.

Then :
1. connect the outside conductor of the RCA to the inner conductor. This makes a short circuit and the voltage across it will be zero volts.

2. Put the muting plugs in you amp INPUT... and not at the OUTPUT (if ur amp has one).

3. A Muting Plug supplies a perfect signal to test an audio component. This is because a Muting Plug has a signal level of 0 Volts at a Source Impedance of 0 Ohms.

4. If u just unplug ur RCA cables leaving ur amp RCA input open, its like an open circuit with a very high source impedance. It will be subject to the noises in the near vicinity of the amp input.

5. Now your Blaupunkt amp will have zero volt input with muting plug at the amp input. If u still have the noise, that means anthing from ur amp or ur power connections is picking up the noise. Usually it is the amp that is the problem.

6. Try getting good connections on the amp (like sanding off the paint for the ground etc.). If you still got noise then send your amp for repair.

7. If no noise then go up the chain i.e. put ur muting plug at electronic xover (if u have) or pre-amp.

8. If u have no noise with muting plug up to the point of your HU then it means it is either your HU or your RCA cable is the source of noise.

9. take off ur HU and bring it closer to your amp. Use very very short RCA cable (any cheap one will do) or if u can find it, use Male to Male RCA changer/adaptor to directly hook to your amp.

10. If u have noise then ur HU is having a problem. If no noise then ur RCA cable is the problem.

now go get it doing and tell the results.

cheers.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
With this explaination atleast people will understand it more easier, not like the first post. I make some mistakes and you flame me like mad. But you do mistake and never say a word sorry.

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
kyheng said:
And another thing is my name is kyheng, not kykheng, please show some respect on people's name. If want to post a person's name, please post it correctly.
i'm sorry. Its just a typo error. And i have edited my post to correct ur nick.
is it your name or your nick?

on the muting plug that u commented before, you dismiss it like 'saying the food is tasty without even tasting it'.
and muting plug is not even high tech.

this is a muting plug

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
kyheng said:
I make some mistakes and you flame me like mad. But you do mistake and never say a word sorry.
dude,
dont be overly sensitive. chill out.
I DID NOT flame you.
what i'm saying is do not dismiss something when u have not looked into it.

and i apologise if i make a mistake. and i do not see the reason for me to apologise if i do not make a mistake.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
A name is a name, a nick is a nick, a car is still a car, a mistake is still mistake. When a man/girl that call/type wrongly on people's name/nick by mistake or not, he/she is not only not respecting people but ownself also.
As I said it earlier, with the 'maximum'info from the website and your post, who will know how to use it?

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
kyheng said:
A name is a name, a nick is a nick, a car is still a car, a mistake is still mistake. When a man/girl that call/type wrongly on people's name/nick by mistake or not, he/she is not only not respecting people but ownself also.
hmmm... either this means you are overly sensitive or just egoistic person. Just my opinion and if it is wrong then i'm sorry. But is looks like u want not just apology but until i 'kow-tow' to you.

for example, 'hi! kykheng. how are u doing.' ..... 'my name is kyheng and not kykheng' ... 'ahh... sorry. i got it. your name is kyheng, yep'...

but u end up wanting to drag this on and on and start to nit picking... haiya! susa la ni macam...

if ppl got my name wrong, i'll politely tell them my proper name or spelling and thats it. I dont even see it being not respectful unless they make fun of ur name (for strangers only la).

ok, it ends here for me. Just waiting for results from Alan.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Other things I might not that sensitive, but not my name. For you it might be mistype or whatever you said, but for me is like you are making fun on it. Until I have to sound you then only you say sorry.

Last edited:

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
kyheng said:
Alan86, only left hand side of the speaker got airplane sound? Right speaker don't have airplane sound? Then maybe is your RCA cable(left) not connect properly. Unlikely is your HU giving problem. If really is your HU then should left + your speaker and tweeter have the airplane sound. I not that sure how you connect your HU>pre-amp>amp?speakers, but roughly I can guess is HU>pre amp(front)> 4 ch amp(front)> tweeter, pre-amp(rear)>4 ch amp(rear)>speakers, correct me if wrong.
Mind to tell what is your HU model?
i also dunno how my fren connect my preamp? hav ask him diz thursday coz im working everyday now.......only diz thursday i got off! wil let u know on thursday how my car wiring r connected through my preamp......

im using pioneer 3750 HU.....i oredi check wif my fren that day, he check my car 4 over 1 hour then he said that the aroplane sound is cause by my HU cause the wiring all ok!:shades_smile:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Alan86 said:
not sure,hav 2 check 1st coz im not the one that install my car ice system.....
i cal my fren from xtreme audio system to install everything.......

my fren said that the sound maybe come from my HU and not from the grounding cable........:shades_smile:
the performance / accessories shop boss told me 1....10.5mm power cable/grounding cable? will or might affect your audio with the sounds so called aeroplane sound?

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
oklar kyheng and kippo bro, stop arguing bout the name lar!

back 2 topic k.......

CHEERS:shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi brother's,
Need some info bout Perdana v6's plug cable!!I'm looking for good high performance plug cables for my ride does anyone here know's where can i purchase the item coz i tried to find round Jaybee but itz very expensive and i'm not totally happy with the products.If anyone here knows where to purchase it plz kindly gimme de info thankz in advance:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience