Aeroplane sound.......

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
hi to all the ice expert in diz forums.........:shades_smile:

i wan to ask on how 2 get rid of the aeroplane sound while im playing songs in my car?

at the moment im using:

2 channel amp 4 my single woofer

4 channel amp for my 2set of pegasus component........

pioneer HU and Preamp.......

FYI,i hav install audio isolator to reduce the aeroplanne sound.....
but the sound still exist whenever i press the oil pedal!

any suggestion on how i can get rid of this annoying sound?:regular_smile:

plus now i noticed that my car produce another sound while im playing songs.....
it is just like when we wan 2 seach for a radio frequency sound.......the sound can be heard when i lower down the volume!:shades_smile:

cheers...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
airplane... the best way is to isolate your power wire from the other wire... especially the speaker wire...

see tht you are using a pre amp... if the above way cannot solve your problem then try to by-pass the pre amp by not connecting your RCA to it but directly to the amp...

if still cannot then check your grounding point... see if the wire core is still thick and is it contact to the metal of your car properly... the best way is to do a soldering to your car bare metal...

if still cannot then try to tap another wire from amp's (tht is producing the air-plane) or pre-amp's body to your HU body...

about your frequency sound problem.. this one i hav no idea what is the problem... but i think tht is your disc de problem... unless your disc is ori one...

cheers,....

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Wire laid together is not always the main cause, like mine all laid together but no airplane sound.
Most of the contributing factor, earthing, RCA cable, HU, re-amp, crossover, amp, so-called audio isolater that you are using, sometimes HU pre-out will contribute also, like my new Pioneer also have this problem, end up have to use hi-low converter. Sometimes add another reath on the RCA cable will help also.
Not that common : alternator, battery.
To trouble shoot, bypass the pre-amp, disconnect your sub's RCA cable, and 2 channel of your amp. The other to test it later.

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
thanks man for the info.......

kykheng,im using crown isolator......
dunno whether it is gud or not coz my fren introduce it to me......

craziechild,the frequency sound is not from the cd coz when i turn off my HU,the sound still exist for about 3seconds after my HU been turn off.....it is really annoying me!
plus i hav try out some ori cd,still the same.......
wat is the problem?:shades_smile:

really cannot concentrate on the sound quality with the aeroplane sound n the frequency sound.......HUH!:Not_Impressed:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
one of the main factor that always causes aeroplane sound is one or more of your equipement doesn't have enough grounding ( you might wanna use thicker cable but grounding)

2ndly would be signal interference meaning never ever tight your power cable and signal cable (either speaker or RCA together)....this will create distortion.

hope this help

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
Hm... my car now the problem is aeroplane sound only on the right side(coming from tweeters), also not sure what problem, left side no problem, running the front components via bridging a 4-channel amp. Suspect it's the y-adapter but still too lazy to swap out see if it'll lari to the left side or not :_:

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
r u running ur comp in passive mode? if yes, check if the XO near any power cable or not .
last time i kena problem where my passive xo capacitor too powerful and have to relocate the xm under the seat far away from all possible power source .. hehe!!

also, if u hv paid for installation, time to revist the installer and ask them to clean up the mess ..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Looks like is more on grounding not proper, should ask them to seperate pre-amp's ground to HU.

built

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
where were you when you hear areoplane sound... KLIA??? bwahahahahahh

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Ah, another thing to ask, is your tweeter powered from your amp? If yes, maybe you have to change it and let your HU to power the tweeters..

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
you can try isolating to the source of the problem using muting plugs.
Go here http://www.autosound2000.com/ and look under 'Muting the amp' heading at the bottom.

and go here http://www.ofsoundmind.com/OSM2/tech/setup/noisecheck.htm for further informations on noise troubleshooting.

for me, what i do is :
1. ensure good power grounding by removing the paint (sanding) so that u have bare metal contact.
2. if still got noise after ensuring all connections are good, i use muting plugs.
3. go from amp then the up on the equipment eg. if before amp is xover, do it on xover then go up again if u have equaliser (wat some ppl call pre-amp). If still got then try doing your hu outside eg. u put the HU on table or wat then connect all connections.
You may find any of the equipment has failures and replacing them may remove the problem eg. bypassing xover or pre-amp etc.

cheers.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
What I see the muting plug is not much diff from we disconnect the RCA cable from the amp, pre-amp, crossover or HU. This muting plug is very high tech by theory or by look, but is almost same like bypassing certain equipments(HU, pre-amp, XO and amp). Sorry if I'm wrong. For me still use back the old method is the best.

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
built said:
where were you when you hear areoplane sound... KLIA??? bwahahahahahh
wakakakakakakakakakaka:cry_smile:
im at kuching lar,wher can hear the aroplane sound from KLIA....
from KIA can lar........wkakakakakakaka:shades_smile:

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
kyheng said:
Ah, another thing to ask, is your tweeter powered from your amp? If yes, maybe you have to change it and let your HU to power the tweeters..
yeah my tweeter is powered through my 4 channel blaupunkt amp........it seems that the aroplanne sound come from the front left hand side speakers and not from the tweeter!

wat should i do to solve this prob?

thanks in advance......:shades_smile:

Alan86

Mar 8, 2006
gohkokeng said:
Alan86 is it u using 10.5mm Power Cable?
not sure,hav 2 check 1st coz im not the one that install my car ice system.....
i cal my fren from xtreme audio system to install everything.......

my fren said that the sound maybe come from my HU and not from the grounding cable........:shades_smile:

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
kyheng,
pls read more about muting plug. Don't simply dismiss it because you do not understand the reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
I not dimissing it, that's why I said I'm sorry if I'm wrong, there's no need to get hot on this, but I still cannot understand why need to use the muting plug. With the website that you give, it only show minimum info on it. Even with your explaination I still blur, I think this is including the newbies at ZTH. To catch which equipment is giving the airplane sound, that equipment still have to connect to the speakers, is it true? And another thing is my name is kyheng, not kykheng, please show some respect on people's name. If want to post a person's name, please post it correctly.

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Alan86, only left hand side of the speaker got airplane sound? Right speaker don't have airplane sound? Then maybe is your RCA cable(left) not connect properly. Unlikely is your HU giving problem. If really is your HU then should left + your speaker and tweeter have the airplane sound. I not that sure how you connect your HU>pre-amp>amp?speakers, but roughly I can guess is HU>pre amp(front)> 4 ch amp(front)> tweeter, pre-amp(rear)>4 ch amp(rear)>speakers, correct me if wrong.
Mind to tell what is your HU model?

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
make ur self a muting plug. Go out and buy 4 pcs of RCA plugs.

Then :
1. connect the outside conductor of the RCA to the inner conductor. This makes a short circuit and the voltage across it will be zero volts.

2. Put the muting plugs in you amp INPUT... and not at the OUTPUT (if ur amp has one).

3. A Muting Plug supplies a perfect signal to test an audio component. This is because a Muting Plug has a signal level of 0 Volts at a Source Impedance of 0 Ohms.

4. If u just unplug ur RCA cables leaving ur amp RCA input open, its like an open circuit with a very high source impedance. It will be subject to the noises in the near vicinity of the amp input.

5. Now your Blaupunkt amp will have zero volt input with muting plug at the amp input. If u still have the noise, that means anthing from ur amp or ur power connections is picking up the noise. Usually it is the amp that is the problem.

6. Try getting good connections on the amp (like sanding off the paint for the ground etc.). If you still got noise then send your amp for repair.

7. If no noise then go up the chain i.e. put ur muting plug at electronic xover (if u have) or pre-amp.

8. If u have no noise with muting plug up to the point of your HU then it means it is either your HU or your RCA cable is the source of noise.

9. take off ur HU and bring it closer to your amp. Use very very short RCA cable (any cheap one will do) or if u can find it, use Male to Male RCA changer/adaptor to directly hook to your amp.

10. If u have noise then ur HU is having a problem. If no noise then ur RCA cable is the problem.

now go get it doing and tell the results.

cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there....need a little help here

my idle speed goes variable...what can i do to fix it??? any sifus hav
any idea???? i appreciate ur advise..^^

my ride is hyundai coupe 1.8L year 97.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience