Adjustable GAB suspension

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Expensive? Compared to a 2nd hand fully adjustable like for example : Tein Type HA, to me it's affordable. And the latest GAB came from Taiwan, the same factory which produces BC dampers, which is now very popular at SG.

The new GAB dampers is very good in design, that you can lower the car fitted with one via lowering the mounting point, and not via the spring's collars like normal hi - lo kits. Therefore, you keep the dampers and spring's full travel length, and still can lower your car ( to a certain limit only lah, I think about 20 or 30mm )

I'm trying to find out the prices for these new GAB dampers and see whether the prices is competitive, compared to BC coilovers from SG. See la, which one cheaper to buy!

Fluffy said:
that's the latest line of GAB adjustables. very expensive :(

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
how much does the titan adjustables cost....jst curious

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
personally,its expensive in the sense that, with that amount of money,i rather go for a reputable brand. :)

titan? check under the listings thread.

just the springs for tien?its very affordable if u ask me.

rhys86

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2005
Klang
a question sifus... is tein type HA an adjustable suspension? does it come wif pillow ball?? where can i get it and how much is da price?? thx do leave me a pm if anyone has any info.. thx thx

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Errr...I believe you have not seen the actual products ( and some other fully adjustable dampers that came from the same factory at Taiwan ). Compare this same GAB SS coilovers, which is priced under RM 3k, for at least, Tein Basic Damper ( localised for Malaysian market ) which is also under RM 3k.

The GAB SS dampers : fully adjustable, high - low and soft / hard, WITH the ability to lower the car via the mounting, therefore not reducing the spring's length and damper travel.

The Tein Basic Damper : fully adjustable, high - low and soft / hard, BUT to adjust / lower the car, you have to adjust via the springs, therefore REDUCING spring's length and damper travel.

And no, you can't get any better dampers with these facilities BRAND NEW.

If, you buy a 2nd hand set of dampers with these properties, like Tein Flex, it's about RM 3k++, to almost RM 4k. And that doesn't include servicing, change of damper oil, change of seals and recharge the nitrogen gas ( if any ), which will cost you about RM 400 per coilover at N1.

And this is why I said that, this GAB SS dampers is affordable. Remember, you're buying into the middle echelon of coilovers here. These GAB SS coilovers is imported, but from Taiwan. And the same factory builds a number of coilovers for a number of companies, like BC ( which is very popular at SG for well over a year already ), Megan Racing ( US ) and a few more brands as well.

Fluffy said:
personally,its expensive in the sense that, with that amount of money,i rather go for a reputable brand. :)

titan? check under the listings thread.

just the springs for tien?its very affordable if u ask me.

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
ace79 said:
Errr...I believe you have not seen the actual products ( and some other fully adjustable dampers that came from the same factory at Taiwan ). Compare this same GAB SS coilovers, which is priced under RM 3k, for at least, Tein Basic Damper ( localised for Malaysian market ) which is also under RM 3k.

The GAB SS dampers : fully adjustable, high - low and soft / hard, WITH the ability to lower the car via the mounting, therefore not reducing the spring's length and damper travel.

The Tein Basic Damper : fully adjustable, high - low and soft / hard, BUT to adjust / lower the car, you have to adjust via the springs, therefore REDUCING spring's length and damper travel.

And no, you can't get any better dampers with these facilities BRAND NEW.

If, you buy a 2nd hand set of dampers with these properties, like Tein Flex, it's about RM 3k++, to almost RM 4k. And that doesn't include servicing, change of damper oil, change of seals and recharge the nitrogen gas ( if any ), which will cost you about RM 400 per coilover at N1.

And this is why I said that, this GAB SS dampers is affordable. Remember, you're buying into the middle echelon of coilovers here. These GAB SS coilovers is imported, but from Taiwan. And the same factory builds a number of coilovers for a number of companies, like BC ( which is very popular at SG for well over a year already ), Megan Racing ( US ) and a few more brands as well.
wer to get this shocks ? any website or contact numbers ? im looking adjustable for my ride wira sedan !
thanks

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
pdguy said:
wer to get this shocks ? any website or contact numbers ? im looking adjustable for my ride wira sedan !
thanks
GAB Japan website, www.gab.jp.

Its not in english though.

But you can e-mail them about any question, those guys will answer you in English.

This GAB SS sounds interesting but can't seem to find them on the Japanese website neither anything about the GAB "INVECs" system.

May this GAB SS and INVEC's is latest model so much so the Japanese have not updated their website. rite?

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car is runnin on a VR4 which i have been using it for the past 2 years n im unhappy with the performance due to the all sort of faulty that has caused.Im planning to change my engine n im not sure which will be better.If i choose mivec is it safe if i put in turbo?
(GSR or EVOIII)
which will last longer?
about the maintenance?
fuel consumption?
JPJ?
smoother driving? no idea bout these engine
reccomendation plz?

Im confused and do need help here???:confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience