A32 Rough Idle

ash123

Sep 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hey All, the stuttering idle is gone after the plug coil change, the gear issues went away for awhile after servicing the gear selector thingy, but it came back. Had some ignition (starter) issue at the same time. Since yesterday, the engine is shaking/vibrating violently. I think I am back to where it all started, the engine and top overhaul issue. Will take the car back to the mechanic for another checkup tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Hey All, the stuttering idle went away after the plug coil change, and the gear issues went away for a while after servicing the gear selector thingy, but it is back. Also had some issues with ignition (starting). As of yesterday, the engine started shaking/vibrating badly. I think I am back to my initial problem, the engine top overhaul work done. Will take the car back to the mechanic tomorrow for another check-up and will keep you guys updated.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hey All, the stuttering idle is gone after the plug coil change, the gear issues went away for awhile after servicing the gear selector thingy, but it came back. Had some ignition (starter) issue at the same time. Since yesterday, the engine is shaking/vibrating violently. I think I am back to where it all started, the engine and top overhaul issue. Will take the car back to the mechanic for another checkup tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Hey All, the stuttering idle went away after the plug coil change, and the gear issues went away for a while after servicing the gear selector thingy, but it is back. Also had some issues with ignition (starting). As of yesterday, the engine started shaking/vibrating badly. I think I am back to my initial problem, the engine top overhaul work done. Will take the car back to the mechanic tomorrow for another check-up and will keep you guys updated.

Ash123, Like I said earlier this idling problem will haunt you for a while. Happens to me b4 and trying to fix it almost breaks my bank balance . It could be just the leaky gasket or valve not close or seated properly. Since there r many gaskets in our ceffie ranging from manifold gaskets (there r 3 i think.), the twin head gaskets since u did the top overhaul, leaking injector/s , o-ring , TPS sensor (Did ur mech dismantle the tb and sensor?) , vacuum hoses, intake hoses ( especially near the joints), etc .. Best is to ask your mech to look at the spark plugs and do a compression test on each cylinder to detect any leakage. Spark plugs will tell the health of your engine. There r many more, but pls do check the basics first before you jump to more expensive items.

SB3.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello sifu, i just playing a l5 na in my kancil, i all know cos the petro is keeping increase price, i like to play na. but, any body playing na n what to do if i want to replace 1000cc block, what car to suitable, many many thanks to advise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience