A1 GP Team Malaysia!

GT500

Known Member
Dec 16, 2003
I think Team Malaysia did a fantastic job.F.Fauzy,Alex Yoong and the whole crew.. Congratulations guys.They made us proud really.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
are you sure ? I saw the sprint race & alex was on 13th place and struggling to catch up, even the pakistan's driver on 7th !....mebbe I didnt see the whole race ? where is Fairuz anyway, he beat alex during test session in silverstone.

kingtraz

Nov 17, 2003
5th in the main race and 13th during the sprint race..

watched the race 1/2 way... funny no blue flag kaa?

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
so now i get it, all in one day, qualifying - sprint race & race. 5th place....cool. I'm bored with F1, go for motorsport worldcup ! Nelson Piquet Jr in 1st place right ?

cheers

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'm not exactly sure but there's actually 2 race in the A1 GP. One is the Feature Race and the other is the Sprint Race. In both races, you are allowed to replace the drivers and in our case, Fairuz Fauzy and Alex Yoong. In the first race, I think the Sprint Race was raced by Fairuz Fauzy and he really didn't looked comfortable in a single seater race. The second race was obviously raced by Alex Yoong and he actually did very well holding off a few guys behind him. But you must remember at least 3 guys dropped out in front of him so in a way he was a bit lucky, but again credits should be given to him for being able to hold off some strong challenges.

kingtraz

Nov 17, 2003
Fairuz Fauzy didn't looked comfortable ? cant be.
if im not mistaken he was racing in formula 3 car.
both of the a1 drivers have a long single seater history..but alex's case he got formula 1 experience cant beat that. but only 1 game.. its a long game..we will see

JEJ

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
Puchong Jaya
I follow the race too. Is very proud to see Malaysian Team in 5th placing, of course with a bit of luck.
I wonder the $$$ for 5th placing?

1st US300,000.00
2nd US200,000.00
3rd US150,000.00
4rd
5th ??????????

This question has been ask directly to Alex on that day (live) by 8tv, the answer from Alex is not sure!!!

Fairuz Fauzy need to keep the car in good shape for the next race.(for Alex) So he race very carefully, overtaking almost impossible, so just maintain rather doing stupid attack, right?

Hope to see Malaysian Team do well in the rest of the race,
especially in Sepang. Good Luck.

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

fairuz was complaining abot the car performance....and when he step on the brake the brake vibrates....and alex qualify for malaysia team in 9th for the sprint race...but fairuz were to drive for teh race itself and lost it due the cars problems

this is his comment when he drive for the print race when reporters interview him

the feature race was driven by alex yoong from 13th and manage to go until 5th palce

this is because the malaysian team pit stop was a bit faster than the others altought the having problem with the lock nuts of the rear right tires for a while

with the clashes of Team italy and team portugal a bit help malaysia to get 4th....but team new zealand cut team malaysia because of black markers....

i wonder why in A1 black markers that hold the leading car never get a black flag

team pakistan was holding team germany with pakistan are 2 lap down from team germany....this is their first A1.....a bit kelam-kabut

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
It is astonishing. There was plenty of action, lots of overtaking, jostling, crashing and bashing. The whole race apart from the leader was close. What all this means is there is actually racing going on. But I must say the event lacks a lot of polish, but that may be due to this being the very first A1 GP event. I'm sure they'll manage to chisel off the rough edges and we'll all get a great race series. The pitstops especially, looked comical. It's like they weren't sure what to do. Hehehe.

Well done Alex. He drove a good race. 5th place and I think 50k in the pocket. Not to mention 6 pts.

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
First place : 10 points $300,000
Second place : 9 points $200,000
Third place : 8 points $150,000
Fourth place : 7 points $110,000
Fifth place : 6 points $80,000
Sixth place : 5 points $60,000
Seventh place : 4 points $40,000
Eighth place : 3 points $30,000
Ninth place : 2 points $20,000
Tenth place : 1 point $10,000

Not bad, eh? :smile:

Keano

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Congrats Team Malaysia! Keep up the good work! :biggrin: The first race will alwayz hve teething problems, not only for the teams but also for the organizers. A few things could also be done especially the qualifying lap times only appear after a few seconds & not instantanious like F1.

The issue here is, correct me if i'm wrong, did u guyz notice there is no coverage AT ALL in our local newspapers about it?:eek: Instead the F1 and MotoGP was plastered full page coverage on all papers. Very sad and dissapointing from our local print media, but kudos to TV3 & 8TV - last nite they aired a rerun of the race. The print media should hve done a bettr job at it since this involves national pride! A visit to the official site A1gp.com would help our local zth fans but - print media pls take note!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Kudos? Those bastards promised us LIVE action and then they fucking delayed it at the last moment.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bro,

I'm a GSR CK type owner which is auto transmission. Is there anyway to strengthen the auto gearbox to withstand bigger horse power? or is it interchangeable with other car GB such as EVO GB?

please share your opinion and experience. thanks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience