Team Jebsen to make Worldwide Racing Debut of 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 R at Macau Grand P

AFOS

Jul 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Team Jebsen and driver Rodolfo Avila’s assault on the Macau GT Cup race at the upcoming Macau Grand Prix will mark the worldwide racing debut of the 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 R.

Avila, 24, will take to his home track, the legendary Guia street circuit, in the mighty 500hp Porsche racer in the 12-lap Macau GT Cup race.

Said Avila: “It is a great privilege for Team Jebsen to have so much confidence placed in us by Porsche. I expect the exceptional handling of the Porsche 911 GT3 R to suit the Guia Circuit perfectly, and I’m looking forward to taking it through its paces and testing the limits during practice.”

The 2012 model features a number of improvements to a car which is popular amongst racing drivers the world over. The output of the four-litre, six-cylinder flat engine in the rear has increased by 20 hp, achieved through optimisation of the intake system.

Paddle-shifts in the steering wheel ensure gear changes are even quicker and simpler allowing the driver to focus on braking. In addition, the gearing of the sequential six-speed dog-type gearbox has been adapted to the higher maximum output.

The transmission electronics, featuring an automatic throttle blip control, make it almost impossible to miss a gear, while a softer anti-roll bar on the front axle reduces understeer.

The excellent handling combined with awesome power will give Team Jebsen and Avila a highly-competitive car for their Macau Grand Prix season-closer, something they will need amongst an ultra-competitive field.

“The Guia Circuit is famous for its combination of tight turns and long, fast straights, so both agile handling and raw power are needed. Particularly at the back of the circuit where there is a rapid succession of high-speed left- and right- handers and you can shave several tenths of a second off a lap if you’re quick through there” said Avila.

Showcasing what next year’s Porsche 911 GT3 R is capable of on one of the world’s most demanding race tracks represents both a challenge and an opportunity for the Macau driver and Team Jebsen. It means all eyes will be on the single practice and two qualifying sessions at the Grand Prix.

“With the limited overtaking opportunities on the Guia Circuit, it is going to be vital to find the limits during the practice session. Pole position at Macau is probably a bigger advantage than at any circuit I have raced on, so a huge amount rests on our qualifying performance” he added.

The Macau Grand Prix outing will bring the curtain down on a highly successful season for Team Jebsen which saw them come within just two points of clinching the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia Championship. In their second season of competition together, the team recorded no few than 10 podium finishes, including one outright victory, in 12 races.

Prepared by PR Plus Limited for Team Jebsen

Attachments

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since out side is so much of model for weber i not really understand for those weber.. just wan sum sharing here for let me know more .. bcoz i veli intereted in weber topic.. wats the diff DCOE DCFN i forget the name just tell me wat the diff between that.. and sum is twin weber some is single.. wat the diff also? for a 1.3 carbie.. is perfect suitable is which weber? after using the weber wat is the topspeed? and 0-100km/h? i really interesting in weber.. thxxx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience