A Persona Experience.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
As CNY is coming, we all want our ride to be sparkling, smooth and nice.

What makes the paint dull, boring and unattractive?
Answer: Contaminant, scratches, bird poo stains, watermarks and lots more.

So my friend called me up, told me he could not get a place to polish and wax his car as all the shops are fully booked. He is very particular on who handles his cars and trusted me with his beloved (in which I proceed to molest his dearest for two nights)

Time was limited as I have a daytime job and doing this part time. He needs the car by Thursday to pick up his gf from the airport and leave to perlis on friday. So i only have two nights to work on his baby.

Without further delay, lets begin.

Starting off with cleaning the usual places which is neglected.

The rear boot cover areas

Cleaned with a brush and Optimum Power Clean (OPC)

The Fuel Cap Area (yeah, was working with a 300W light only as we were deprived of sunlight)

Before

During the cleaning

Sorry, no after.... forgot to take as was pushed for time.

Door hinge area (horrible places where fingers may get hurt.)

And I asked my friend.... "CLEAN BOH" which he promptly reply "CAN EAT OFF IT WEI"

Rims area (this was taken at night)

After wash (this was taken the day after)

Car was later washed following the below steps
1. Meguires Wash and WAX
2. Optimum Power Clean 1:5

Car was dried with three microfiber clothes.

Owner of the car helps out to tape the car and prep it for the following torture (this is DAY 2 btw.)

Rear left bumper, kena bang by white Wira.
Damage: Scratches, paint transfer, and chip paint.

After solution applied:
- Compound with Optimum Hyper Compound with Optimum double sided wool pad (wished i had a smaller pad for these tight spots....)

ALL defects have been removed after 4 passes of the compounding.

Now comes the headache part. The bonnet was involved in an accident previously and was resprayed by some half pass six donkeys. The shop refuse to correct it as it has been more than 6 months from the time it was resprayed. Seen closely, you will notice that the clearcoat is bubbling. The paint here is totally dull, boring, discolored and have little to no reflection

After 5 passes of Hyper Compound + Double sided wool pad + 1 hour. Some sanity was restored

Not perfect but at least can see more details.

Moving on to the front bumper which was gazed by something... again foreign material transfer over.

Remember to mask off places you do not want to compound off.

After done to perfection (two pass of Hyper Compound + Double Sided Wool Pad)

Sweet smoothness

Now moving to the part there all Wolverine wanna-be like to test, the door handle area

And after done......

Roof area and rear bonnet area

No after pics on these as was seriously pushed for time. Owner already stayed at my house two nights and its getting late (bout 11pm late and we have not had our dinner yet)

After spot compounding was done (i call it spot compounding as I only compound parts that requires it instead of the whole car), we went ahead with Optimum Hyper Polish with Optimum Double Sided Polish Pad
Once completed, car was OPC 1:5 followed by a nice shower of ONR.
And we sat back, enjoyed the car for a brief moment before we went out to get OBLONG DAGING SPECIAL at RM5 each. YUM.... i would have taken a photo of it but it just went straight to my mouth first. kaka.

Once we return, it was time to do the final two steps. Opti Seal (10 minutes) and Optimum Spray On Car Wax (5 minutes)

Now, sit back and enjoy the hardwork done in a total of two sorta days.

Thank you for your time on this lengthy useless post. =P

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
nice work bro...its a very detailed job indeed....salute!

prototype_x0

Sep 15, 2007
See the last picture, seems like the tyre alignment not straight. Im sorry but is this normal? I think he need to correct it before the tyre worn out unevenly.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Many thanks for all the likes.

EvolutionZ: Yes, indeed was pretty detailed, unfortunately not enough time for more shots.

prototype_x0: i am sure its just camera angle. Owner have been using the car with this tyre for more than 2 months with pretty even wear on the tyres but I will let the owner know to have it checked just in case. Thanks.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice job man... There's nice levelling on the bubbles there. And I feel your pain. Haha... I also want to get some 6" pads some time.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i wonder your friend whose 'very particular on who handles his cars', then he should DIY :p and also he is not particular in driving his car hehe....

Anyway, great job you did DA

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
he particular on who handles his car..... but he himself dun dare to handle his car DIY style... takut salah.

he is careful but seems to be cursed with careless drivers around him.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
AWESOME BRO

JUst loves your passion

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

AWESOME BRO

JUst loves your passion

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
AWESOME BRO

JUst loves your passion
All thanks to your guidance and teaching. My PASSION IS BURNING UP..... watch out for more after the CNY break.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Can't wait to see more of your great work!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After a massively dramatic start at yesterday's Race 1, today's Race 2 saw a more harmonious flag off with Wong Chin Eeg in Pole, Brendan Paul in 2nd and Kenneth Koh 3rd on the grid.

Sporting Class Race 2

When the flag dropped, rookie Wong Chin Eeg made yet another great start...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience