A legend has arrived

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004

The infamous TRIAL celica is here. Was browsing thru some forums and wahei.. Anyone knows who owns it? According to the thread starter/photographer, pictures are taken locally.

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Excert from his post

Code:
Seri Wawasan Bridge, Putrajaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM + Cokin P 153 ND4

Credits

Editor - Patrick Heng (VGT Communications)
Owner - William Chong (Trial Malaysia)
Assistant Photographers - Izzat A. Rahman, Lee Kwan Gun
Assistants - much more...

Cars

Trial Celica Mark II
Toyota Camry
Toyota Vios
Mitsubishi Storm

--

I met Patrick back in mid April and he wanted me to put my skills on a Japanese tuner car for an upcoming magazine. Honestly, I am not really into this because I love continentals. Also, I assumed it would be just another Japanese wannabe racer car. Those that only have level 8 or maybe 6 looks without any performance.

He told me that I will be shooting a Celica. And I thought it would be just another Celica. But what I didn’t know is that this Celica isn’t just like any other. A Japanese tuning company has put a huge amount of effort to develop this car. So it’s far more then a usual Celica and it’s way damn better. You can find this car in Grand Turismo IV, and this is the original and only Trial Celica.

We we’re suppose to meet up at Putrajaya. But they didn’t know where was the meeting point, so I had to lead them. When I first saw the car, it felt so satisfying and I thank Patrick for giving me this opportunity. These are cars that want to make you say, “Wow! Just fantastic!â€

I wouldn’t recommend you to take it out and drive it during the weekends either. This car is fast, but it doesn’t handle like our usual road cars. It needs space to run and turn. Too bad there isn’t Super car country here. When I drove it, it felt so good, it felt as if I was driving a Lamborghini (although there isn’t much luxury, like air conditioning or radio.), and it bloody damn low as well. The roar from the engine is just spectacular when you press the throttle all the way. Oh, the music of it, just feels so damn good. It sounded as if a mini and yet super over powered RC car is trying to beat mother’s natures force with it’s madness strength. You can feel the power just by hearing the engine sucking in all the air outside, as if there isn’t much air to breathe! Damn, I love this!

Trial did a great work on the Celica. What I love most is the spoiler, it’s so beautiful and original which makes me speechless and want to get my hands all over it. I also like the scissor doors that comes upright and feels like I’m going into a CLK GTR. You precisely need to squish yourself into the door and come out as if there isn’t much space. In the interior, it feels very low and tight, or rather well secured. Like a bullet capsule.
Driving it on the public road is so troublesome. It attracts too much attention and it can’t go onto higher grounds. Literally, it’s like driving a super car, and it takes about 4-5 lanes just to make a u-turn, unlike 1-to-1.

The photo shoot wasn’t easy. It took the whole morning and afternoon. We we’re all exhausted, and thanks to the sun, I’m like 50% darker then usual and everyone was barbecued. My assistants we’re all crying to for this photo shoot to end as soon as possible. I am glad everyone could make it that day, and all has been done as I requested and planned.

The editorial will be published on Option Malaysia (First Issue, June), Taiwan, Evo Malaysia (I think), some parts in Japan and United Kingdom magazines.

...more
Code:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Nice decal/bodykit design!

I'm not saying it just cause it's on a 'trial tuned' Celica though..

xenith

May 31, 2007
OMG!
It's here...!

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
sorry with no offence,
wat so 'legend' for..???
the fastest car/Celica in the world..?? the most powerful Celica ever..?? or the most pretty looks Celice ever.....??

i dunno, so i ask.... thanks...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
sorry with no offence,
wat so 'legend' for..???
the fastest car/Celica in the world..?? the most powerful Celica ever..?? or the most pretty looks Celice ever.....??

i dunno, so i ask.... thanks...
the legend of the photographer skillz XD>..kidding.:itsme:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
from my point of view, he shouldn't put the word 'legend' for the car. issit coz this car appear in GT4..?? wat la...
if NSX, R32-34, Supra, GTO is legend, every 1 will agreed that.

the only celica thats deserve the word of 'legend' is the 1 which equip with 3S-GTE... other than that, is nothing...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know how to DIY water injected just to injected water into the air manifold and straight to the combustion chamber :P

Pls share. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience