4G93T Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
oh.. then how much boost can you go now? mine still havent got boost gauge, will get it later on.. :)
did you install oil cooler? btw, what oil did you use? my mechanic is giving me 'revonol' fully synthetic.. never heard of it before.. somemore i noob to 4g93t.. kekekek... i just 'evolve' to gsr from wira 1.5auto ler.. sorry for asking so much.

wish to learn more too.. also just get my GSR complete.. some problems were occurs but fixed btw.

oh.. then how much boost can you go now? mine still havent got boost gauge, will get it later on.. :)
did you install oil cooler? btw, what oil did you use? my mechanic is giving me 'revonol' fully synthetic.. never heard of it before.. somemore i noob to 4g93t.. kekekek... i just 'evolve' to gsr from wira 1.5auto ler.. sorry for asking so much.

Hi there..

First, remember you need to slow down to go faster!

I converted wira 1.5 auto to 4g93t too, about 4 years ago.

1. You need the boost gauge. Unless you have upgraded the engine internals, I would recommend to limit the boost to 0.9 (!). Especially if like me, I like to press the pedal hard every day! The engine will last longer with lower boost.

2. Nope, I don't have oil cooler installed

3. Oil - I use the cheapest I can get, change it every 3333 (3 times for 10000km).

4. I still running with stock fuel pump and even the air filter! However I have the blow off valve to release the preasure (hopping for longer turbo life) and fuel ragulator (hopping for stable fuel pressure at all time).

still got new gsr users eh... hehehe... not bad even the half-cut is so expensive now.

you can do some of these upgrades assuming your engine is in stock form and had the timing belt, belts, oil seals, water pump, spark plug & fuel filter changed to new.

1. Intake/Filter Upgrade. Many type to choose from. Mainly APEXi, HKS, BLITZ... yada...yada..
2. Exhaust Upgrade. You can never use the stock Wira/Satria exhaust any longer... time for 2.5" pipings or larger and a great sounding muffler of your choice.
3. Boost Meter and Turbo Timer. (A must have accessory for Turbo Engine laahhh)
4. The bling bling atmo venting blow off valve...

i use standalone already..apa kelas piggyback..hahahaha....j/k:rofl::rofl::rofl:

joke aside,it all depends on budget n what type of modification bro..

i dun know current prices for all type of piggyback..but i think brand new afcneo n emanage almost around rm1000-1300 with installation..i might be wrong..sorry.

go for e manage..more tuning point,low profile,tuning charges do know how much

afcneo..less tuning point,jdm bling2 coz got screen..haha,tuning 150 i think..hehe

yes dude same machine we are..but mine still:slug::slug::slug::driver:

Ok.. about 4 years ago I was thinking to get one of those too. However I decided to do ECU remapping. Meet somebody in Shah Alam who can do the tuning and remapping, cost is about RM1000 too (but remember it was about 4 years ago).

It may or may not suit you, but I am very satisfy. Bare in mind I did not use my car for racing, just for going to work everyday :)

ah.. so many seniors here.. great. thank you guys.. now at least i know where should i be heading.. :) btw, i got my halfcut with gsr rear disc with 7.8k, trade my 1.5auto, i get 1k back. 4g93t mileage mark at 90k at speedometre (dunno true or not) hope to get this engine run for another 10 years.. kekekekek..

Last edited:
lol.. yes i got my engine also 90K+ ... don know true or not.. wish it is... but sound impossible.
Hopefully last longer!

Bump: lol.. yes i got my engine also 90K+ ... don know true or not.. wish it is... but sound impossible.
Hopefully last longer!

my car is back with 4g93t inside! yeh... but why izzit trembling during idle? everything is in stock condition , except piping in the size of 1.9" and fuel pump still wira 1.5efi standards (waiting for gsr fuel pump). spark plug, timing belt, oil, all these change liao. why huh.. anyone with the same prob? advise pls.

your meaning of trembling idling means your car shakes and rattle at idle?

have your engine mounts checked and the timing. base idling timing for gsr should be around 850rpm more or less.

if idling rpm is ok, mounting is ok have your throttle body cleaned up. if still cannot, explain more details here.. so that I can guess what is wrong.

my recommendation for a fuel pump is a brand new fuel pump. Stock gsr fuel pump flows at 90lph. get anything which is either 90lph or more..but the condition of the pump must be brand new.

why i say this is very simple... typically a fuel pump will last to about 120,000kms of usage in the vehicle and it will start to get faulty.. initial symtoms are difficult in starting, hesitates and fuel pressure drops under engine load. so.. it's a good idea to change a brand new unit to avoid hassle in the future.

Example... used EVO3 100lph fuel pump cost MYR100.00 at the chop shop... labour cost to get it changed.. MYR80.. that is already MYR180.00 and then you found out that the fuel pump is not operating at optimal performance.. so you get another used unit MYR100 + MYR80 again...
Thats a total of MYR360.00 for something used and unproven.

If cannot find brand new 90lph fuel pump.. u can consider getting the Walbro 255lph instead... price MYR380 only. I am selling it.

Last edited:
Hi to all 4g93t sifu...newbie here...:proud:

Bump: Hi to all 4g93t sifu...newbie here...:proud:

yes. trembling at idling (shakey and rattle), rpm is about 700rpm, when rev above 1.2k, the rattle is gone. yesterday nite, face another prob, flickering head lamp. after checking this morning, ground cable at battery is not FASTEN! dunno is the foremen forgotten la, or the trembling caused the nut loosen up. yet, after tighten up, at idling time still can see digital aircond panel flicker.. aiyer.. dunno is loose connection or something is happening to the alternator/battery.

later will go check with mechanics for the mountings, timing and tb as advised (today is johor holiday, dunno got open or not, sigh).

you're selling the walbro? include transportation cost bo? actually, if i install fuel regulator, will it correct the fuel supply (stabilizing the fuel pressure?)?

try adjusting the idle screw located at your throttle body for higher timing.

walbro fuel pump before shipping is MYR380.00 shipping fee MYR8 within Peninsular Malaysia.
Brand new in box with socket and microfilter.

at the moment you may not require any adjustable fuel pressure regulator yet.. unless you plan to fix that walbro in.

Last edited:
recently i just got my 4g93t transplant into my wira aeroback.. my mechanic says we cant use the gsr fuel pump??? must upgrade to walbro and install fcon?
he says, if not, my piston will 'kong' because of overheat later, due to insufficient incoming petrol???? can anyone give some advice?

Well, I'm still running on stock Wira fuel pump for 3 years now. So far, no problem, but you will feel lack of power on high-revs. The ECU should control the mixture. Evo3 fuel pump still waiting to be installed...Still can't find the time to upgrade it.

too bad, all the mechanics i know today has taken the day off. have to wait until saturday, then only can ask them to do the diagnostic for me loh..
ftzone : by any chance, are you the ftzone in lelong.com.my?
will consider putting in a walbro with fuel regulator. thinking, it will be after my wallet gain 'weight' again kua.. kekekekek

try adjusting the idle screw located at your throttle body for higher timing.

walbro fuel pump before shipping is MYR380.00 shipping fee MYR8 within Peninsular Malaysia.
Brand new in box with socket and microfilter.

at the moment you may not require any adjustable fuel pressure regulator yet.. unless you plan to fix that walbro in.

Bump: yes, totally agree with you, i'm feeling it with higher rev.. lack of acceleration after it reach 4k rpm. no greeny to do further upgrade for now. yesterday just had my exhaust piping upgraded to 2.5", and traded in my 15" sport rim (offset type), to the flush type (errr, flat surface? hope you understand ler.. kekeke) this is because the gsr front disc brake 'hits' the spoke of the rim.. sien.. i love my offset rim very much de.. too bad.

Well, I'm still running on stock Wira fuel pump for 3 years now. So far, no problem, but you will feel lack of power on high-revs. The ECU should control the mixture. Evo3 fuel pump still waiting to be installed...Still can't find the time to upgrade it.

jus wondering, what is the price for 4g93t half cut now peeps? cheers!!

Bump: jus wondering, what is the price for 4g93t half cut now peeps? cheers!!

i got mine for 7.8k, halfcut c/w rear disc brake.

jus wondering, what is the price for 4g93t half cut now peeps? cheers!!

Bump: jus wondering, what is the price for 4g93t half cut now peeps? cheers!!

Wow... I'm surprised got ppl using stock Fuel Pump still.... very dangerous for turbo cars! hehe..

For those who are planning to change fuel pump, I suggest to go Warlbro straight. Dont waste time and money getting and scouting for other FP from halfcuts.
Make sure its original. Can get it from ftzone = good seller.

yes.. not include installation fee. ins fee is at 1.4k (engine, wiring, aircond, 4wd lock), put evo4 inside loh..

Thanks man! =) that is not including installing fees aight? Still scouting around for an option for gen.2...

Top Bottom