4G93T Club

[H] [K] [S];4252861 said:
Aiyak! Keta kuat got prob meh?!

LOLZ! Bro, keta gua masih dara la.. mane la kuat bang oi?!? You monstar baru can consider KUAT cam tongkat Ali! LOLZ! Respect!

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

1) White Smoke
I'm guessing that when u say "Step on it", it is >5k rpm...
if that's the case, then most likely turbo needs an overhaul.
I heard there is a good place in KL (i think it is called Mat Turbo) to fix it. Check this forums.
If not, i think i have a downloaded pdf DIY for the 4g93 turbo unit.

2) Tappet
Yea, mine too. If the engine oil is too low, the tappets start to sound (good warning system yea!!!)

3) Jerkiness
Mine had that same problem, especially when I rev past 3.5k rpm
Problem solved after I changed my spark plugs to Iridium IK22.

Bro!! Thanks for the info. Will let Tong Turbo check out my turbo unit soon. And changing me spark plugs too. Any solution for those noise tappets? This is one warning system I can live without! LOLZ! :biggrin:

halo all,

my gsr last week the temp goes a bit high, then got home and check the water level is insuffecient. i top up the water then tomorrow go for a short drive and came back. later i check again the water and they dissapear again have to top up a little bit.

today i fill up the water again start the engine wait until it warm up,
i check from underneath the engine and saw bit by bit of water dripping coming from under the timing belt cover, cant see clearly from where it came from becoz of the timing belt cover.
is it the water pump guys? or is there any water hose there?

halo all,

my gsr last week the temp goes a bit high, then got home and check the water level is insuffecient. i top up the water then tomorrow go for a short drive and came back. later i check again the water and they dissapear again have to top up a little bit.

i check from underneath the engine and saw bit by bit of water dripping coming from under the timing belt cover, cant see clearly from where it came from becoz of the timing belt cover.

time to change new waterpump

halo all,

See picture below. Water pump is located at that location. Most likely the water pump seal is spoiled.

Would recommend to buy the water pump from parts shop (~RM70) and let the mechanic change it. There is another lower quality version (~RM50) which is usually used by mechanics (mechanics will charge RM70 for this part). But since ur at the water pump, might as well change the timing belt straight away (if it is due).

ylkien, how come the halfcut without the o2 sensor? is there any reason people take out the o2 sensor from the halfcut?

Well, i heard the sensor is located further down the exhaust pipe, and pass the "half-cut" mark. Thus the sensor does not come with the half-cut. Pls do tell us if u have installed one. Would like to know the difference.

Attachments

• Water Pump.jpg
    Water Pump.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 318
LOLZ! Bro, keta gua masih dara la.. mane la kuat bang oi?!? You monstar baru can consider KUAT cam tongkat Ali! LOLZ! Respect!

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Bro!! Thanks for the info. Will let Tong Turbo check out my turbo unit soon. And changing me spark plugs too. Any solution for those noise tappets? This is one warning system I can live without! LOLZ! :biggrin:

haha... great. Enous is giving a free Denso cap for such purchases. ~RM50 per plug.

I read changing the "lash adjusters" help get rid of the tappet noise. See this link : MITSUBISHI - LANCER EVOLUTION (EVO 1 CD9A) - SERVICING PARTS, TUNING SPARES & SERVICE ACCESSORIES - EVO Lash Adjusters -Tappets x 16 -FULL SET 3mm Type - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1 CD9A :: £122.56 :: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 1(I) 2(II) 3(III) 4(IV) 5

I would like to try it too, but no $$$$.... Anyone going to UK ?

See picture below. Water pump is located at that location. Most likely the water pump seal is spoiled.

Would recommend to buy the water pump from parts shop (~RM70) and let the mechanic change it. There is another lower quality version (~RM50) which is usually used by mechanics (mechanics will charge RM70 for this part). But since ur at the water pump, might as well change the timing belt straight away (if it is due).

Ylkien, mind telling me where is the parts shop to get the RM70 water pump and the phone number?
Is it OEM or other brand?
Or if you know any mitsubishi spareparts shop that would be great.

haha... great. Enous is giving a free Denso cap for such purchases. ~RM50 per plug.

I read changing the "lash adjusters" help get rid of the tappet noise. See this link : MITSUBISHI - LANCER EVOLUTION (EVO 1 CD9A) - SERVICING PARTS, TUNING SPARES & SERVICE ACCESSORIES - EVO Lash Adjusters -Tappets x 16 -FULL SET 3mm Type - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1 CD9A :: £122.56 :: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 1(I) 2(II) 3(III) 4(IV) 5

I would like to try it too, but no $$$$.... Anyone going to UK ?

Yeah, I've also heard these 3mm Oil Hole Lash Adjusters/Tappets might solve the problem as well but I've read somewhere stating that the sound can still come back after awhile.... Anyway thanks for the link, bro! A set of 16 tappets cost £122.56!! Manyak mahal!! hahaha... I guess I have to get use to that noise then.. hai~~ silence is such an expensive item!! LOLZ! :biggrin:

Ylkien, mind telling me where is the parts shop to get the RM70 water pump and the phone number?
Is it OEM or other brand?
Or if you know any mitsubishi spareparts shop that would be great.

You can get it from PH Auto @ Taman SEA (0378772288). They stock 2 types, the cheap one and the exp one. Main different is the design of the blades. Not sure how much an ori cost...

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Yeah, I've also heard these 3mm Oil Hole Lash Adjusters/Tappets might solve the problem as well but I've read somewhere stating that the sound can still come back after awhile.... Anyway thanks for the link, bro! A set of 16 tappets cost £122.56!! Manyak mahal!! hahaha... I guess I have to get use to that noise then.. hai~~ silence is such an expensive item!! LOLZ! :biggrin:

ic... but i think different engines will behave differently. Just to share my experience :

when i first got the engine, there was tappet sound. Was using HKS for ~8k km (2 oil change). After that, i tried Q8. Notice the sound slowly disappeared starting from my 3rd oil change (in total, this is the 5th oil change). Years later....to cut cost, just started using Pennzoil, still no sound after 2nd oil change.

Pennzoil Semi 10W-40
Q8 Semi 10W-40

Last edited:
Sifus, need your help here.

Just wondering if 450 cc injector (the one with the blue top) can be used on 4g93T terbalik (CM5A)? I have the 450 cc ones with me and these injectors are a bit longer than my standard 390 cc injectors. The sockets are also different. Lately, I have changed the sockets and make custom mountings on the fuel rail to fit in these injectors.

My main concern is whether the impedance of these injectors similar or need to add some kind of resistors if the impedance are different? Still not sure what are the impedances of the 450 cc and 390 cc? Does 4G93T terbalik uses low or high impedance injectors?

Read somewhere, if the low impedance injectors are used without some kind of resistor on high impedance injector system can fry the ECU. :confused:

[H] [K] [S];4266906 said:
Haih!!! Still awake?!

[H] [K] :
he working kat US ma....:biggrin:

Taikors:

Cali makan manyak susah oooo... (working = BT JAV) :biggrin:

ic... but i think different engines will behave differently. Just to share my experience :

when i first got the engine, there was tappet sound. Was using HKS for ~8k km (2 oil change). After that, i tried Q8. Notice the sound slowly disappeared starting from my 3rd oil change (in total, this is the 5th oil change). Years later....to cut cost, just started using Pennzoil, still no sound after 2nd oil change.

Bro ylkien,

Can I know the specific series and viscosity for the Q8 and Pennzoil oil that you're using? Mineral, semi or fully synthetic?

Thanks bro!

Hi Bro,

i'd like to ask in term of triptonic GB durability of original 4G93T, will it last if i dun mod the engine to achieve higher torque and HP? I'm dilemma of rojak my 4G18 manual gearbox or use back the original GSR triptonic gb....

sifu's....i got a prob where my car gives a clutch slip symptom when i'
accelarating....its not here all the time....only sometimes it would slip then catch itself back later...anybody experiancing this before?

Hi there to all sifu's...:heeeelllllooooo:

Anybody has GSR transplanted into a waja already?:hmmmm2::hmmmm2:
Just got my hands on one and is eager to play around:evil: My friend started the project and passed it to me..there are a few mod's done but the one i want to ask is about the fuel supply..Right now the car is using an external pump but im thinking of changing to internal fuel pump(walbro)..

another thing is the car tends to shake a bit when i reach 120kmph..any reason's why??

Hi Bro,

i'd like to ask in term of triptonic GB durability of original 4G93T, will it last if i dun mod the engine to achieve higher torque and HP? I'm dilemma of rojak my 4G18 manual gearbox or use back the original GSR triptonic gb....

triptonic GB if malfunction then the cost of repair is super $$$
but if rojak 4G18 Manual Gearbox can be easily overhaul if the GB rosak haha...
and ofcoz using back Orignal 4G93T GB is better than 4G18 GB bro...
coz the setting of the gear shift is already being factory set bro

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom