4G93T Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

deth_GSR

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
hi compression piston?better not..not suit for ur turbo engine..my frenz do project using high compression piston...boosting just in minutes bring back to workshop again ....use low compression onli..hv 81.5mm 4agze supercharge low compression in market around rm700...82mm hv but forged piston la if u can afford to buy it....my fren buy it around 4k =82mm forged piston+duratech conrod

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

[H] [K] [S];3790613 said:
if ur on a budget, change 1x piston & overhaul + porting. if got extra budget change to hi compression piston lar... iono... how bad is the damage?
hi compression piston is for NA...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Haha same problem as mine.i think i'm going to change all the hydraulic lifters since not many mechs can diagnose the problem.then sound compared to my 4g93p auto sucks.it feels solids with my old engine but of course power dont need to mention la since we have went into force induction.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

If say i buy a safc which will cost somewhere like what emanage cost right?will i be knowledgeble enough to tune it properly?I have not meddle with a safc before so i need to ask you guys before i go purchase the wrong item.will the instructions that comes with the box enough?

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

If i put in a td05.what kind of drivability will i be looking at.now i can approach a 25degree hill climb at 40km/h with 3rd gear and continue climbing up smoothly without a problem.previously i owned a 4g93t with a td05 single fin which was not modded by me got problem going up the same climb if i'm on that same gear and speed.i would need to drop a gear to climb that slope.Please enlighten.Thanks.
the hydraulic lifters i remembered i read from somewhere in zth, is due to the engine oil thickness and grades...some ppls said by changing to thicker or thinner oil will helps..but i dunno much about it as i noticed most of the 4g9* engines suffers from this problem...is not cheap also, 1 units around rm40-50... rm40/50 X 16 = 700-800...
i did changed all mine, 16 units to new one, and after 3 months, the sound come back again...until now i don even bother about it d...

u're knowledgeable to tune safc after a few trials and errors and thru the guidelines in internet..safc got the digital screen that able to show some information so is easy for u to play with it while emanage, u need to connect to laptop to tune...safc II have only 12 points to tune AFR while e-manage got 16 points...(if i'm not mistaken laa..) if u're tend to modified a little only (remain standard turbo, boosting around 1bar), then u can choose SAFC which is of course nicer ma, got screen and u do not need much point for AFR...if u wish to go for more than that, e-manage is the budget lo...

driveability for changing td04 to td05? u got no problem on climbing hills at the spec u stated because td04 is smaller and tends to kick-in earlier ma...while td05 is bigger and it will kick-in later than td04...but if u're refering to power terms, of course td05 lo, when the turbo kick-in, u will feel a BIG BIG diff compared to td04 g-force....

Last edited:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yeah thats why i use mineral oil and it does not have the tappet noise but the roughness of the engine.goodness.not solid.i thought of changing the lifters but one mech quoted me 1800.another quoted me 800.i was thinking of driving until everything give way first but everything still intact la.
Oh then get safcII better lo since i'm not going for hardcore modifications.td05 18g or 20g better?meaning this 2 can boost higher?
Clanz,heard from goth u r driving a monster.hehe.cheras area right?

deth_GSR

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
proud of tappet noise..MESIN JAHIT TURBO trademark for 4g93t..hehehe....td05 20g sure lag + if ur internal standard...

deth_GSR

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
dont need to change all ur hydraulic lifter la..b4 this my car also hv sound mesin jahit bcoz of the lifter n then my mech check the lifter and changed it onli one..he got spare lifter...n that sound dissappear...if hv sound from the lifter not all lifter damage...or better buy 1 complete of gsr head...onli cost 600-800..

my 0.02cent

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmmm buy a gsr head but dont know that one got tappet noise or not.if got back to square one.

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
why now i feel my car has decrease g-force? in term of power it still the same (0-100 timing still same)

and how to check boost leak(beside boost leak test), can see from boost meter?

Last edited:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
ur car is out ad?

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

anyone in here using a mivec turbo?

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
out ad. but now feel less g force. and now there's a spooling sound (i suppose so) like weee~. i dont know is it good or bad bcoz in term of power still same but less g force. maybe the power come linearly?

Lazy_Chai

Apr 26, 2009
guys, is it recommended to change their i/c from side mount to middle?i mean i heard lots of ppl saying bout lag n stuff like that. im a newb here lol:) just mod open pod, bov n waste g thats all. so gys any 2 cents to spare? n if change wht i/c to go for? how much the total including piping?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Yeah thats why i use mineral oil and it does not have the tappet noise but the roughness of the engine.goodness.not solid.i thought of changing the lifters but one mech quoted me 1800.another quoted me 800.i was thinking of driving until everything give way first but everything still intact la.
Oh then get safcII better lo since i'm not going for hardcore modifications.td05 18g or 20g better?meaning this 2 can boost higher?
Clanz,heard from goth u r driving a monster.hehe.cheras area right?
i think the market price shud be around RM 45 /unit la...won't be until 1800 lo...but for my advise, just don bother it until someday that the tappet sound is 24/7 during driving, not at engine cold time only, then only u change lo..

is your choice of either SAFC or emanage, but bare in mind that SAFC is easily visible to others unless u unplug it when u leave your car alone and plug it back when u wanna drive..
of course 20g better as the inlet of the compressor is bigger...this 2 definately can boost higher than a td04h/h/hl from gsr...by using standard td04 from gsr, from my dyno graph, it showed that if i boost more than 1.2bar, the power will drop at the high-end, means at high rpm that time, there is no extra power gain while the power will slowly decrease...might be due to other factors too such as oil that u use, turbo condition, engine condition and so on..
u're goth's fren izit? lol not a monster la, normal ride only....yeah i'm from cheras..

dont need to change all ur hydraulic lifter la..b4 this my car also hv sound mesin jahit bcoz of the lifter n then my mech check the lifter and changed it onli one..he got spare lifter...n that sound dissappear...if hv sound from the lifter not all lifter damage...or better buy 1 complete of gsr head...onli cost 600-800..

my 0.02cent
u might be able to determine which hydraulic lifters has worned out if u do a check-up earlier..if already long time tat u got the 'tappet' sound, then is hard to determine which is worned and which is not...if let's say u did a check-up on the lifters and found one lifters in a extremly bad condition, so u change it, while the others looks 'OK', and when start engine, the sound still remain because some looks 'OK' lifters might produced the sound as well..
and u need to pay the workmanship for it no matter u change 1 or 16 units in one shot...unless u DIY or your mech do not charge any workmanship for u to open head cover then ok la, change and check one-by-one lo..hahaha

why now i feel my car has decrease g-force? in term of power it still the same (0-100 timing still same)

and how to check boost leak(beside boost leak test), can see from boost meter?
u felt that way maybe because u get used to it..this is psycological problems when u got the intention to want more (as most of the human did this)...or maybe really something wrong with your engine la...we dunno that..

boost leak means when u boost tat time got some places leaking air instead of going into the combustion chamber?
this can be check thru boost meter as well, because boost meter sense pressure that able to determine the pressure of your turbo thus creating a value shows in the meter...
if there is a boost leak, usually your boost meter will fluctuate and boost spike/creep will occur...(in the condition that your boost meter is working fine and accurate)

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

anyone know the price for td05 20g turbo?
i think a good half cut condition will be around 1500-1800 gua..

out ad. but now feel less g force. and now there's a spooling sound (i suppose so) like weee~. i dont know is it good or bad bcoz in term of power still same but less g force. maybe the power come linearly?
weee? LOL....did u change your air filter? izzit the sound occured during boost kick-in? if yes, then is your turbo wheel spining sound...or else if the sound occured and louder at higher rpm, maybe is because of your CD Player, insufficient earth, wiring etc..
if the sound occured during air-con ON, while off don't have, then is your air-con valve sound..

guys, is it recommended to change their i/c from side mount to middle?i mean i heard lots of ppl saying bout lag n stuff like that. im a newb here lol:) just mod open pod, bov n waste g thats all. so gys any 2 cents to spare? n if change wht i/c to go for? how much the total including piping?
bigger intercooler tend to create lag...but as if the size is ngam ngam hor(average size), then is ok...is ok to change your original sidemount gsr intercooler to evo1,2,3 size intercooler, the lag will not be too noticeable..u can choose half cut evo1,2,3 ic or just buy NEW aftermarket like infinite, etc etc...but make sure the size u're looking for is evo1,2,3 size, later u buy an evo9 intercooler size then hailat d...

half-cut evo1,2,3 around 400-800 depends on condition
new infinite evo size is around 600+ if not mistaken, can search in engine & modification section, a lot of aftermarket intercooler sellings there..

piping as assume u said stainless steel piping, just the piping from throtle body to intercooler, turbo to intercooler will be 600-1000 (depends on places and workmanship quality, and also the BRAND of the shop u go)...and u need minimum 4 silicone hoses, maximum 6-8...samco silicone hoses cost RM50 each..

if u would like to cut cost by doing stainless steel piping, u can just buy those evo1,2,3 piping which cost 150-250 only...but is rubber type laa..

Last edited:

Lazy_Chai

Apr 26, 2009
bigger intercooler tend to create lag...but as if the size is ngam ngam hor(average size), then is ok...is ok to change your original sidemount gsr intercooler to evo1,2,3 size intercooler, the lag will not be too noticeable..u can choose half cut evo1,2,3 ic or just buy NEW aftermarket like infinite, etc etc...but make sure the size u're looking for is evo1,2,3 size, later u buy an evo9 intercooler size then hailat d...

new infinite evo size is around 600+ if not mistaken, can search in engine & modification section, a lot of aftermarket intercooler sellings there..

piping as assume u said stainless steel piping, just the piping from throtle body to intercooler, turbo to intercooler will be 600-1000 (depends on places and workmanship quality, and also the BRAND of the shop u go)...and u need minimum 4 silicone hoses, maximum 6-8...samco silicone hoses cost RM50 each..
if u would like to cut cost by doing stainless steel piping, u can just buy those evo1,2,3 piping which cost 150-250 only...but is rubber type laa..[/QUOTE]

thanks bro!coz im currently studying so must save cash my self to mod this engine!parenst will not support any cash to modify my car lol!.. but is it recommended to use back those rubber type? seriously if u use ss gonna cost me like crap!hahha plus now pokai d. wht do u recommend?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Clanz,haha goth and i took the backroad to semenyih dam la.just a fun drive and he was telling me what a monster ur car was.hmmm dont know la i guess i will be sticking to everything original as i dont like the lag.i like instant response and thats what i have right now.

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
in my place to do piping S.T you need around 1.8k, but with aluminium piping cost will be around 2k above..:banghead:

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
Clanz,haha goth and i took the backroad to semenyih dam la.just a fun drive and he was telling me what a monster ur car was.hmmm dont know la i guess i will be sticking to everything original as i dont like the lag.i like instant response and thats what i have right now.
same here bro.. sticking to ORIGINAL.. :love:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006

if u would like to cut cost by doing stainless steel piping, u can just buy those evo1,2,3 piping which cost 150-250 only...but is rubber type laa..

thanks bro!coz im currently studying so must save cash my self to mod this engine!parenst will not support any cash to modify my car lol!.. but is it recommended to use back those rubber type? seriously if u use ss gonna cost me like crap!hahha plus now pokai d. wht do u recommend?[/QUOTE]

i'm also a student...rubber hoses is recommanded for standard mod of course..
the distinguish btw rubber hose and ss piping is that :
-respond will be better as airflow flow more smoother in SS
-no kilat2 on the engine bay if u use rubber hose
-easily worned if rubber kena sharp things

swt!...hahaha ok ok...i hope u will really do that cause if u spend more to increase more power, in the same time more problem will pop-ups and u have to sacrify certain things...
like my car, got those UNKNOWN sound, crek crek, chit chit, cruk cruk, all from different places, most of them are lossen things because of the vibration on the clutch i'm using...
maybe the car is too old hahaha!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye,

Im gonna change my rim to new rim but dont know what is the perfect offset for swift?
For 16inch rim, do we need to lower down the spring or stock spring enuf for 16inch rim?
For adjustable,what is the best brand for swift? some people said, TEIN not good for swift,right or not? Where to get cheap japans rim in KL/Selangor? Last but not least, carbon hood,also where to get?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience