4g93 engine vibration- newbie

stalepot

Sep 1, 2005
arlington
hey whats up all- i have a 4g93 out of an eagle summit i just replaced head gasket and timing belt on. the engine runs great but vibrates at idle. Timing seems to be ok. I read that you can get the silent shaft 180 off and it will cause engine vibration at idle- interesting- what i not understanding is how to check and correct the issue. any help would be great. thanks in advance.

taggnas

Jan 20, 2005
Visit site
stalepot said:
hey whats up all- i have a 4g93 out of an eagle summit i just replaced head gasket and timing belt on. the engine runs great but vibrates at idle. Timing seems to be ok. I read that you can get the silent shaft 180 off and it will cause engine vibration at idle- interesting- what i not understanding is how to check and correct the issue. any help would be great. thanks in advance.
get your mechanic to check your engine mounts, dude.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
also get your mech to check on the TB and your inlet manifold... there might be dirt that need a lil cleaning.

BTW, where did you get the info on the silent shaft 180 off? Sounds interesting coz i have never heard of such jargon before.

stalepot

Sep 1, 2005
arlington
no silent shaft- frickin idiot god!

so i was mis-guided on the motor the reference i was looking at was for another 1.8 that ran an oil pump silent shaft but the information was classified under 4g93. This explains my confusion cause this motor doesn't have a frickin silent shaft.So now i am down to checking mounts- intake - or a misfire. thanks for the replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subject : KE70 DX stuffs. Yes, I have a new set of these stuff. But where is the fun part of having an oldschool machine if I didn't try to restore it?

Dirty lenses ready to be polished.

The first step is cleaning up the lenses to remove dust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience