4g91

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
DOHC not necessary more power den SOHC... depends on tuning and application... high revs DOHC better... low revs and low rpm torque, SOHC better...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yea...some ppl convert 4g93 sohc also vr happy wit it...as they onli do city driving,sohc givs better low end and the 1.8 giv much better torque

thunderbird

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Thanks /danzeterna for the comment. I'm not pro on performance part and just want to convert to more powerfull instead my 12years plus 4G13. But I guess will satisfied me coz it's a twincam and save fuel:p

bro thunderbird, ofcause I want manual la, feeling good when moving my gearknob :p
different ppl different preferences, who can read your mind when you didn't mention u want manual.

For 4g91 half cut, range from rm4500 to rm5500, depending the conditions.

Gilbert0999

Known Member
Jun 13, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there, nice to meet u.. :wavey:

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hi all sifu n bro, wanted to ask do anyone know the different between changing peformance cams and 1.8block into 4g91? which 1 will gain more hp?? ^^

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there, nice to meet u.. :wavey:

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hi all sifu n bro, wanted to ask do anyone know the different between changing peformance cams and 1.8block into 4g91? which 1 will gain more hp?? ^^
both can gain quite similar hp.how about doing both?hehe
im now running on performance cam plus e-manage.
dyno result is 110whp, which equivalent to 140++hp.

efini96

Dec 4, 2003
hi there , i am also in the process of converting my 4g91 with a 4g93 bottom.
together involved are a skunk intake with a mugen air box.battery is relocated at the bonnet.
the problem is now i cant use back my throttle body from eterna which i used for 4g13/15
i refuse to use s90 throttle body so best option is ?... evo3 /GSR/ any thing 60mm?

one of the reason is my head is still stock 4g91.. and sadly now searching for cams...budget
jasma camshaft ok ?... or just find 4g93 N/A head..?..
secondly is my transmission is still auto...
which gear box best to use...?

Attachments

Last edited:

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi there , i am also in the process of converting my 4g91 with a 4g93 bottom.
together involved are a skunk intake with a mugen air box.battery is relocated at the bonnet.
the problem is now i cant use back my throttle body from eterna which i used for 4g13/15
i refuse to use s90 throttle body so best option is ?... evo3 /GSR/ any thing 60mm?

one of the reason is my head is still stock 4g91.. and sadly now searching for cams...budget
jasma camshaft ok ?... or just find 4g93 N/A head..?..
secondly is my transmission is still auto...
which gear box best to use...?
im also in the process of upgrading my block to 1.8, if u have the budget, u can source for 4g93 head, but actually its better for you to port polish ur 4g91 head and upgrade to 93 code e cams, 4g91 head will give a slightly higher compression if match with 4g93 block. jasma camshaft?i heard that its not that good, plus its poorly made.

efini96

Dec 4, 2003
I'm now also sourcing for coil on plugs... any suggestions ?... i heard from a supplier that need to use management .. is this true?...
i got an offer of piper cams .. not sure if ori... and one more after reading so much info.. i tot of getting a 4g93 intake cams and the exhausts remains stock how about this recipe?...
BTW , i already bought a s90 tb..

now awaiting for launching date...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
I'm now also sourcing for coil on plugs... any suggestions ?... i heard from a supplier that need to use management .. is this true?...
yes its true... ull need to get aftermarket that supports multicoil.... like haltech

efini96

Dec 4, 2003
alamak budget lari la like this already spend money like can buy halfcut liow....
but coil on plug looks very handsome la...
beside halftech ... emanage or unichip?..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My iswara is lately have been difficult to start,

When I crank it will come out "cik cik cik cik" sound many times but sometimes the engine died sometimes it can start.

The simplest way to make the ignition easier was to step on the old pedal half way then start cranking the engine, this way the "cik cik" will be less and the engine start faster.

But once I start the car it can drive smoothly.

I bring it to the shop that they change the car battery few month back when car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience