4g91????

rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
i here tat n got c it the member here of nickname by (GTR2579)
got sell the engine 4G91 1.5 TWIN CAM,but is carburetor?????
who here got c before?? is it same power of fuel injection??
which 1 better? coz my car is satria 1.3 carb,hear tat say no need much thing coz there also carburetor,only change engine n jpj register tat all,so wats ue answer is???

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
hp should b same....sumore carbie can drag more...no speed cut o rev limit rite...
i've seen 4g91 wit single weber also damn powerful...

badguy

Jun 15, 2004
carburetor have higher FC
you must control very good to keep the FC low and HP are lower then the injection one! and also engine are more than 15 years since injection 4G91 EFI introduce on year 1990 (forgot liao)

but but but carb engine less headache every experience mechanic can tune it
but injection must used some computer to tune it!

y proton injection feel less power because of simen ECU not mitsubishi ECU

rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
thanks every 1!!!
so who know who guys r use this engine now?? wat the price out there? i hear tat say also no need change gearbox,coz different only F.I use clutch pump,CARB use pull wire type right? just use back stock gear box n only change big clutch set n same flywheel
carb use back ur 1 can more easy tune?? if i wrong pld let me know!!

ayell

Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
As quote by Mitsu.. Carb ver is 97hp and EFI is 115hp

tikus

May 1, 2005
pj
ayell said:
As quote by Mitsu.. Carb ver is 97hp and EFI is 115hp
wow thats almost 20hp diff.go for injection lo then :)

amad108..

Jul 27, 2004
the big diff is on thier cams... if carb engine use injection cams sure got more power for carbie... i already see the diff between injection n carbie cams... n somemore the 4G91 carbie is hard to get fine tune coz the carb really complicated which got too many wire n air tube like electronic carb....

n bobo where got carb with ecu ma... hehe, but if i'm not mistaken merc190E is combination of carbie n injection where the engine got injector but only one....

rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
thanks a lot all guys here,i only wan low budget change engine,coz my stock engine eat lubricant oil n eat fuel also now coz blow GASKET before,power loss,so hear then no need think to much for this CARB type 4G91,just put engine n JPJ tats all only mah
i wan the engine only wat,need to know is tat really same gearbox ratio in 1.3 n 1.5??
is used back stock gearbox wat clutch will fit it???

ayell

Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
bobo said:
if i'm not mistaken 4g91 carb also got ecu control... correct me if i'm wrong ler..
it is not really an ECU la.. but it is electronic control it's called Electro-Carburetor if I'm not mistaken.

dhiarith

Jun 15, 2005
cheras
ayell said:
it is not really an ECU la.. but it is electronic control it's called Electro-Carburetor if I'm not mistaken.
yeah u r right thats why the carb hav a lot of wire

Hi All,

I am wanting to convert my wira 1.5 engine (dah nak mampus, don't bother asking me to overhaul) to a MIVEC engine. Problem is, I don't know where to start.. I know I should look around at the potong shops but as a newbie memang they potong me.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone in KK, Sabah who has done this type of conversion (mesti banyak punya) to help me out. Was thinking EVO3 but.. too much power..

Thanks in advance!