4g91 modification

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
All sifu , pls help.

My iswara 4g91 got a weird problem , oni happen every 3/4 month, tis problem normally will stay for 2/3 day to 1 week. After that all when ok again , but after 3/4 month come bck again . A few time already .

The problem start with , Engine will sudden die when running (fast or slow also got) . When wanna start bck sometime easy , sometime hard . When easy in a 5-10 sec twisting the start key then ok, for hard condition need wait 15-20 min .

When this problem happen , if i let the car stay still or warming up in morning , the rpm not stable till the check engine light up . Rpm will slowly down till the engine die .

Izit this problem relate to map sensor / distributor / setting / or ecu ? Y always oni happen a few month later .

Please help .

jee1

Known Member
Jun 17, 2006
Hi Guys, need some help here:-

Regarding 4g92 piston usage on 4g91 block:-

1.) Is it safe to rebore (is the block meat sufficient?)
2.) In terms of overheating / rough ride / knocking / piston strike valves - any inputs on this?
3.) Is it as simple as reboring the block and changing the pistons only?
4.) Can we use 4g92 head gaskets directly?
5.) How much to rebore?

Im kinda new to this, and any inputs from anybody that could help is highly appreciated. tq

asid_b

Mar 27, 2006
CK door trim is just plug n play to wira n satria.
so worries

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

to all sifus
in this 3 years using 4g91A eng in my wira, i already have to change my GB 2x. now the prob comes again.
the GB sometimes stuck at 3rd gear only everytime it happens. is there any prob with the eng?
cost of replacing the GB is 2k+ each time since the warranty is just for 1 year. happens always after the warranty finished. aiyoh..
any suggestion? change to mives GB perhaps?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
manual la.... than lasak....

btw... u mentioned that CK doorpanels are plug n play for wira n satria... sure ar??? not even a single mods???

azagototh7th

Jan 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hello all sifus...
got some problem wif my 4g91 engine..
just swap wif the stock one..

here some problem...
1. my car is jerking everytime the gear is changing....(i'm using auto g/b)
2. sometime my car tend to lose the power especially when naek bukit...y?? is it because of my g/b??
3. my top speed surely out...just maximum it can go only 130km/h...i can only exceed 150km/h while driving down the hill...y??a stock kancil can selamber tapau me...really upset bout this...
4. i'm still using my stock exhaust pipe... do all sifus hv any recommendation on this n what size should i install to my satria??
5. i just read this whole thread for some mild modification... anybody care to share ur favourite pomen wif some reasonable price...can give me some budjet?? i need to save up my salary to do the modification...

so hope any experienced sifus can help me to solve this problem by this coming raya...
hehehehee...
thank u in advance n really appreciate it...

asid_b

Mar 27, 2006
how much the cost to convert my AT 4g91 to manual?
any good w'shop near putrajaya?

asid_b

Mar 27, 2006
just want to ask,

My Wira 4G91 AT are now using Ron95 and can go up to 500km on full tank (RM85). Is it good FC? Just want to know. TQ

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
is it true if using dohc 4g93 with wira 1.5 gbox, the full potential of the engine is restricted?
not really. for top speed, it almost same. but for drag, the 1.5 will clock slower time due to a lot shorter 1st gear ratio compare to 1.8 gearbox (even 1.8 already quite short). u will waste up the extra torque on 4G93 by using 4G15 gearbox. (4G91 not sure, but i think same also). if u dont drag, i think its ok to use 1.5 gearbox. my opinion only..

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
All sifu, how to know whether the head is belong to 4g91 , 4g92 or 4g93 dohc ?

How to see the difference between this 3 ? Others then the cam code , what else significant difference I can look on it. Wanna buy a 4g93 head, scare been cheat.

Please advice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

These are interesting times indeed for Ferrari in Malaysia. Over the weekend, I was invited to view the latest Ferrari to arrive on our shores and what you’re looking at is perhaps one of the rarer, lesser known Ferraris to ever arrive in Malaysia – the Ferrari 599 GTB 60F1, a non-limited option for all HGTEs. This is Ferrari’s last hurrah to the 599 prior to delivery of its replacement...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience