4g91 modification

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
No la , my friend got extra part , just wonder can use or not , so as some question here .
By the way i saw my ecu write auto , but my car is manual , so will it be any different , izit better to put back the manual ecu ?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
No la , my friend got extra part , just wonder can use or not , so as some question here .
By the way i saw my ecu write auto , but my car is manual , so will it be any different , izit better to put back the manual ecu ?
Auto ECU on manual transmission, actually slightly better response... Keke...
No need change la... Use it with no doubt and worries...

faizulls

Feb 16, 2009
hi to all sifu in here....i have a problem with my 4g91 engine...the problem is why when i on the aircond my engine was jerking but not always la,sometimes2 only and also my engine sounds like boing 747....please everybody in here tell me how to solve the problem....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi to all sifu in here....i have a problem with my 4g91 engine...the problem is why when i on the aircond my engine was jerking but not always la,sometimes2 only and also my engine sounds like boing 747....please everybody in here tell me how to solve the problem....
When car is iddling, turn on the A/C rpm went down jerking. RPM fluctuating up n down. If driving with AC full clutch at low speed to change gear have the tendency to to stall...

That's Isc peoblem. Plunk in an FICD. Problem solved.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ok2,what's is ISC n FICD?
ISC=Idle Stepper Controller

A device installed in ur throttlebody. It allow more air into ur manifold when extra auxilary loads applied to the engine. Example aircond, when air temperature, and other auxilary air control when engine is iddling.

FICD=Fast Iddling Control Device

to be simple, it's just a solenoid non return valve. The common ones are from TOYOTA. It's widely sold to solve the problem of ISC. Just parallel the A/C compressor wire to the FICD and the necessary hose. When AC on, it'll open to allow air intake.

Down side, Engine warm up slower. RPM up noticeable when AC on. But stable. It only control AC iddle.

satria1.3

From Facebook
Mar 29, 2010
Hi to all bros,

I'm a newbie here.

Recently I upgrade my car to 4g91 auto. Plan to do mild mod to my new engine.
Got few suggestion from my friends as follows: -

1) Extractor change to mivec, mid piping and muffler use satria gti

2) Install fuel regulator

3) Throttle body change to mivec (bigger butterfly)

4) Install piggy back

Big thank if sifu or master here can advised if this can make my car perform better in term of acceleration.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi to all bros,

I'm a newbie here.

Recently I upgrade my car to 4g91 auto. Plan to do mild mod to my new engine.
Got few suggestion from my friends as follows: -

1) Extractor change to mivec, mid piping and muffler use satria gti

2) Install fuel regulator

3) Throttle body change to mivec (bigger butterfly)

4) Install piggy back

Big thank if sifu or master here can advised if this can make my car perform better in term of acceleration.
1) U have a choice of going for the 4G92 SOHC. They are cheap and nice for ur set up. MIVEC is also a good option. Why not get 1 full set of MIVEC instead of hybrid here and hybrid there..

2) necessary kah..? Provided u need more fuel pressure, else... No point.

3) Good upgrade. EVO's also same. 60mm. But u must also send ur manifold for porting the inlet. Else, it defeat the whole purpose. Having a big throttle diameter, and having a small manifold inlet, not difference...

4) Good upgrade. But not necessary until u heavy modding ur engine or changing ur injectors.

satria1.3

From Facebook
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks bro speed2horizon for ur explanation.

What would u recommend to me for mild modification. I'm not aiming top speed for the modification. My intent is to make the car smooth in acceleration and more responsive from stock.

Rgds

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site

What would u recommend to me for mild modification. I'm not aiming top speed for the modification. My intent is to make the car smooth in acceleration and more responsive from stock.

Rgds
things you can do
1. porting the inlet manifold since you are using mivec TB
2. use good air filter such as K&N or Apexi or ETC
3. exhaust system. try whole set from powerzone

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

Rgds
extractor lor... Open pod filter lo... But will sound more garang la...

ok2 speed2horizon....how mush the cost n where that thing a can get it?
the cost is ard 50-70. Widely available in Zth n halfcut shop. Installation is simple...

faizulls

Feb 16, 2009
orait bro speed2horizon...thanks a lot 4 ur info....gomma see u aroung soon...bye!!!

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
All sifu , pls help.

My iswara 4g91 got a weird problem , oni happen every 3/4 month, tis problem normally will stay for 2/3 day to 1 week. After that all when ok again , but after 3/4 month come bck again . A few time already .

The problem start with , Engine will sudden die when running (fast or slow also got) . When wanna start bck sometime easy , sometime hard . When easy in a 5-10 sec twisting the start key then ok, for hard condition need wait 15-20 min .

When this problem happen , if i let the car stay still or warming up in morning , the rpm not stable till the check engine light up . Rpm will slowly down till the engine die .

Izit this problem relate to map sensor / distributor / setting / or ecu ? Y always oni happen a few month later .

Please help .

jee1

Known Member
Jun 17, 2006
Hi Guys, need some help here:-

Regarding 4g92 piston usage on 4g91 block:-

1.) Is it safe to rebore (is the block meat sufficient?)
2.) In terms of overheating / rough ride / knocking / piston strike valves - any inputs on this?
3.) Is it as simple as reboring the block and changing the pistons only?
4.) Can we use 4g92 head gaskets directly?
5.) How much to rebore?

Im kinda new to this, and any inputs from anybody that could help is highly appreciated. tq

asid_b

Mar 27, 2006
CK door trim is just plug n play to wira n satria.
so worries

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

to all sifus
in this 3 years using 4g91A eng in my wira, i already have to change my GB 2x. now the prob comes again.
the GB sometimes stuck at 3rd gear only everytime it happens. is there any prob with the eng?
cost of replacing the GB is 2k+ each time since the warranty is just for 1 year. happens always after the warranty finished. aiyoh..
any suggestion? change to mives GB perhaps?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
manual la.... than lasak....

btw... u mentioned that CK doorpanels are plug n play for wira n satria... sure ar??? not even a single mods???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Anyone know what product to use to remove some hard stain and dirt on dashboard ? I've tried few products in the market but not much help. Some of my fren told me to use the CD cleaner liquid but I doubt it and afraid to make the dashboard even worse. Any suggestion ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience