500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
1st setup
------------
1) Limit AXS 4-2-1 exhaust Manifold
2) 2.5 Inch piping
3) Apexi Megaphone Dunk Muffler with Limit AXS centre bullet

Result:
Engine feels very slow at low revs especially 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Response or performance can be felt at 5k rpm above. tremendous top end power. climbs from 130km/h to 190km/h (and more) without hassle, a VTEC and Alfa (New model), Really sorry guys.....failed to tail me at high revs/gear but i was beaten easily at low revs/ gears...... but fuel consumption is higher and engien felt like struggling to accelerate... RM 10 per 65 km journey

Quiet at 5k rpm below

2nd setup
------------
1) Fujitsubo Giken 4-2-1 exhaust Manifold
2) 2.0 Inch piping from manifold to fuel tank.
3) 2.5 Inch piping from fuel tank to muffler
4) No centre bullet
5) Apexi Megaphone Dunk Muffler

Result:
Engine climbs to 120km/h very fast, smooth response, 1st ,2nd to 4th are very enjoyable. But lost top end power, engine really have to put an effort to chase up to 180 km/h. But once the accelerator pedal is raised, the rev is "KEPT"..... rev doesn't drop quickly, it feel like the pedal is still stepped on. Fuel consumption is very good, not noticed but i think it is RM 10 for 97 km journey now.

2.5 for rear piping is to see whether it will help at 5th gear, it aids a bit.

Slightly increased level of sound, Quiet at a any revs but when the pedal is stepped on hard, there is a rattling sound produced.... WICKED......

Next setup (friend's car)
------------------------------
1) 2.0 piping
2) Apexi 4-1 Spiral Exhaust Manifold without centre bullet
3) Tanabe Muffler

- Waiting for results-

Take note that 4-1 Exhaust Manifold is for top end gains. Want to see whether the top end and acceleration can be balanced by this setup.

I think 2.3 inch piping is suitable for 4age users whom have done modifications to the internal of their engine. I have read in Jap mags that they are using 2.5 inch for max modded 4age (NA). Please correct me if I am wrong. Becos there is lack of info regarding what exhaust setup is suitable for 4AGE, i hope we could all give opinion from this thread.

Note: I am sorry if there is any wrong facts and i hope this will be a useful info for all of us.

Last edited:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Apexi N1 - Non JASMA Approved type.

2.38" Apexi pipes all the way with 2" tapered neck joint at Bullet entry and exit and Muffler entry. 1.8" Hollow Tapered muffler inner pipe. 100% from japan (the whole assembly) - The ultimate choice for 4A-GE

Annoyingly loud but NO LOSS and all gain from low rev to rev limit & no loss of fuel economy. Nuff said.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yeah!! dis is one HOT topic!! wit dis, i know what to experiment next with my puny engine ;)

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Apexi GT - Non Jasma Approved.
Full set exhaust system.

Very responsive, great for high RPM. Great for track application.

WARNING: Damn loud and very obvious size...use only you can bear the sound and willing to pay "Kopi Lui" to police.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
stock standard except spiral bullet.

Result - worse fuel consumption and power. enaugh to said. I suspect it was installed wrongly as "terbalik" flow. Going to remove out and do not wan to use any bullet. Will update the result.

Coming mod - will be using 1.8" or 2" pipping all the way. stock extractor and muffler. Stock piping was 1.4" if i was not wrong.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
EG9 said:

WARNING: Damn loud and very obvious size...use only you can bear the sound and willing to pay "Kopi Lui" to police.
Yup the only ones that can outperform Apexi N1 is Apexi GT & Apexi N1 Hayabusa. I suspect TODA N1 and HKS N1 (all Non JASMA approved) is oso good but never had a chance to try them out.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
EG9 said:
Full set exhaust system.

sound enhancement..."TRUMPETS" :shocked::shocked:

swap aka SWAP

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2005
PENANG/IPOH
me using yoga ex cusco 4-1..fse fuel reg..hks filter..2 3/4 piping..big center bullet..apexi n1 muffler..the power 1 to 4 ok la..5th gear slow abit..fuel consump wa..high wo..fuel reg juz set to 40 psi..

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
swap
throw away that exhaust setup and go find apexi n1 full set and use with the cusco 4-1 ... GUARANTEE will be grinning from ear to ear ... :shades_smile:

swap aka SWAP

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2005
PENANG/IPOH
ok..now who wan to sell to me full system of apexi n1 system..but muffler can be used back mine 1 kah yoga..for corollatouriing how come u can get 97km for rm10 petrol..u never tekan ur car meh..i think my ex gze petrol even better..but last time my gze juz oem la..yoga..i juz use svt so wat the good setup..

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
gila kaa 2 3/4 inch piping ??? almost turbo car specs liau that one .. hehehehe .. no wonder laa no power at high end ... your 4A cannot suport so much "empty space" to fill laaaa ... hahahaahahahahahaaa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

How many of you that own Protons, namely Satrias or Satria GTIs have had to change your wheel bearings before?

I am currently experience symptoms of worn out wheel bearings but whenever i send it to the shop there are no problems probably because the bearings haven't been heated up to where they start to display problems that i've been experiencing.

Problems:

Steering wheel judders when turning left on hard cornering.
Feels like the right front wheel is slightly loose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience